Windows 10: How can I unlock my laptop after I accidentally used Lock My Device?!

Discus and support How can I unlock my laptop after I accidentally used Lock My Device?! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I accidentally used the Microsoft Lock my Device on my laptop, and now on the Login screen when I enter my pin I get a message that the Lock needs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ryan David1, Mar 28, 2023.

1. How can I unlock my laptop after I accidentally used Lock My Device?!

I accidentally used the Microsoft Lock my Device on my laptop, and now on the Login screen when I enter my pin I get a message that the Lock needs to be turned off by the Administrator. Thus is a stand-alone personal computer. How do I unlock it? Help! Thanks!

:)

Ryan David1, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Barman58 Win User

Why Microsoft locked out my new Laptop?

Certain Dell laptops intended for the business market have a BIOS security lock that can sometimes accidentally activate. If this is the case then you will need to contact Dell directly with the Device ID of the Laptop, and proof of purchase, as the password is automatically generated by the laptop is unique to the device, and the software to unlock the password is only available to Dell staff.

If it is a password after windows has started this should be listed in the documentation with the laptop, If not, you will need to contact the vendor

Barman58, Mar 28, 2023
  3. Am trying to unlock a remotely locked device

My mother - lives on the west coast and I am on the east coast - accidentally remotely locked her computer. Now it indicates that it requires an administrator to logon first to unlock it. However, despite resetting the Microsoft account password multiple
    times, etc. she can't get into her computer. I can remotely lock the computer -- can see it on the list of devices -- but can't unlock it. She is elderly, not that computer savvy, and has limited access to any transportation that could take her to Best Buy
    or some other professional help. Am trying to help via phone and cell phone... but have not been able to help her get into her computer.

Edna Meyers, Mar 28, 2023
  4. How can I unlock my laptop after I accidentally used Lock My Device?!

Accidentally 'Locked' my own Dell Laptop

That's it. I accidentally clicked to lock my own laptop via MS account, thinking it was someone else's laptop.

So, there is no unlock button.

When I try to put my pin on that laptop, it says that the administrator has to login first.

I tried to remove that laptop from MS account, then to register it again. With my laptop series number, it says it doesn't find it.

I cannot understand how is it possible that there is a button to lock a device, via Microsoft account, without an unlock button, or a clear message stating that once you did it, there's no way back.

I even tried to restore my laptop via BIOs to Factory Default, but apparently it DOES NOT disconnect from microsoft login, so it still asks for some administrator, which is myself, on that laptop, locked.

What am I missing here?

GuilhermeTejada, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

How can I unlock my laptop after I accidentally used Lock My Device?!

1. How can I unlock my laptop after I accidentally used Lock My Device?! - Similar Threads - unlock laptop accidentally

2. How to unlock device after locking using Microsoft find my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock device after locking using Microsoft find my device.: I locked my device using the find my device section in my Microsoft account and now if i try to click sign in it just reloads the locked screen and dosent allow me to input my password....
  3. How to unlock device after locking using Microsoft find my device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock device after locking using Microsoft find my device.: I locked my device using the find my device section in my Microsoft account and now if i try to click sign in it just reloads the locked screen and dosent allow me to input my password....
  4. Accidentally locked my laptop from my Microsoft Account. How to unlock the device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally locked my laptop from my Microsoft Account. How to unlock the device: Accidentally locked my laptop from my Microsoft Account. How to unlock the device.There is no Unlock option in Microsoft Account.Can you please suggest how to Unlock my device ?...
  5. Accidentally locked my laptop from my Microsoft Account. How to unlock the device

Accidentally locked my laptop from my Microsoft Account. How to unlock the device: Accidentally locked my laptop from my Microsoft Account. How to unlock the device.There is no Unlock option in Microsoft Account.Can you please suggest how to Unlock my device ?...
  6. I accidentally locked my device from my Microsoft account. How can I unlock it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally locked my device from my Microsoft account. How can I unlock it?: I accidentally locked my Dell device from my Microsoft account. The message that appears to the sign in screen is "An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in make sure your device is connected to the internet and have your administrator sign in first". I am the...
  7. I accidentally locked my device from my Microsoft account. How can I unlock it?

I accidentally locked my device from my Microsoft account. How can I unlock it?: I accidentally locked my Dell device from my Microsoft account. The message that appears to the sign in screen is "An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in make sure your device is connected to the internet and have your administrator sign in first". I am the...
  8. how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?: hello, i accidentally locked my device remotely and i want to get access but every time i want to access my device it shows that only the administrator will get access although i am the administrator....
  9. how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?

how can i unlock my remotedly locked device ?: hello, i accidentally locked my device remotely and i want to get access but every time i want to access my device it shows that only the administrator will get access although i am the administrator....
  10. How can I unlock my laptop after I accidentally used Lock My Device?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I unlock my laptop after I accidentally used Lock My Device?!: I accidentally used the Microsoft Lock my Device on my laptop, and now on the Login screen when I enter my pin I get a message that the Lock needs to be turned off by the Administrator. Thus is a stand-alone personal computer. How do I unlock it? Help! Thanks!...