Windows 10: How can I unshare the Users folder?

Discus and support How can I unshare the Users folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello How can I unshare the Users folder?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ParadoxPoke, Dec 18, 2020.

1. How can I unshare the Users folder?

Hello

How can I unshare the Users folder?

:)

ParadoxPoke, Dec 18, 2020
  2. pbcopter Win User

Is it not possible to share individual sub-folder under \Users?

I was able to do what you want by unsharing Users and then sharing the individual folder, e.g. Stuff
    Select Network on your computer (the one that needs Users unshared), then select the same computer from list, Right click on the Users folder and select properties.
    Select Sharing and then advanced sharing. Uncheck Share this folder. Select OK. You may get a message afterward regarding find folder, just select ignor.
    Then go to the folder you want to share and select Sharing and add Everyone (or whomever) to the shared list. Use the advanced sharing option or it will re-share Users.

pbcopter, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Folder sharing in windows 10

You can unshare the Users folder like so:

1. Open the File Explorer
    2. Navigate to C:\
    3. Right-click Users, then left-click Properties
    4. Click Sharing, then Advanced Sharing
    5. Remove the tick mark to unshare the folder.

Please remember to mark my reply by clicking "Did this solve your problem?".

Frederik Long, Dec 18, 2020
  4. How can I unshare the Users folder?

Windows 10 calendar - unshare an event

Hi Patty,

For steps on how to unshare your calendar, please refer to Daniel Jackson's
    reply on May 5, 2011 by clicking on this
    LINK.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

How can I unshare the Users folder?

1. How can I unshare the Users folder? - Similar Threads - unshare Users folder

2. unshare folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unshare folder: I want to unshare a folder but the "remove access" button doesnt workI also tried to use the computer manager executed as an administrator but the "stop sharing button doesnt show....
  3. unshare folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unshare folder: I want to unshare a folder but the "remove access" button doesnt workI also tried to use the computer manager executed as an administrator but the "stop sharing button doesnt show....
  4. unshare folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unshared folder is accessible on network

unshared folder is accessible on network: I have a shared data drive on my computer. 1 folder with subfolders that I do not want shared is on that drive. However when I look on that drive from another computer on my network I can access it, all its subfolders, and all their files. I checked each folder's sharing...
  6. How to unshare a folder in Windows 10?

How to unshare a folder in Windows 10?: I accidently shared the Users folder of my Windows 10 PC. I wanted to share the Public folder. Now the 'Share' button under Properties -> Sharing is greyed out. How can I unshare this folder? I have Administrator privileges of course. And I already did a restart....
  7. How can I rename the user folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I rename the user folder?: submitted by /u/AarooNHuN [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4q517/how_can_i_rename_the_user_folder/
  8. Shared folder not showing up while a unshared folder does.

Shared folder not showing up while a unshared folder does.: That's about a simply as I can put it. I tried to share some video with a new Samsung TV and my computer does show up as a source. I can select it and navigate to all videos folder. In it I can find one. I look where that one video is on my system and it's in a folder that is...
  9. How can I change the name of my User folder?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I change the name of my User folder?: Usually, Windows gives me an option to name my account. In 10, it just uses a shortened name of my Microsoft Account username/email address. Is there a way to change it without messing up my system? Thanks. I did use the netplwiz run command to change the account name, but...
  10. Homegroup has unwanted, unshared Folders - How to remove?

Homegroup has unwanted, unshared Folders - How to remove?: Although not shared with other PC's in the Homegroup, one PC's Downloads and Desktop folders have curiously shown up in the Homegroup with no apparent way to remove them including leaving the Homegroup and rejoining. The PC in question is running a fully updated Win 10 Pro....