Windows 10: How can I unsync my laptop from my desktop?

Discus and support How can I unsync my laptop from my desktop? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I unsync my laptop from my desktop without bothering the printer or phone or anything else. Everything I read seems to state that if I unsync... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lemonsqueeze, Mar 4, 2020.

1. How can I unsync my laptop from my desktop?

How can I unsync my laptop from my desktop without bothering the printer or phone or anything else. Everything I read seems to state that if I unsync on the settings page it will cause problems with everything.

:)

Lemonsqueeze, Mar 4, 2020
  2. CraigLong Win User

Unsyncing desktop shortcuts

Syncing the desktops for me is done in OneDrive and is a OneDrive setting. Go to
    OneDrive Settings -> AutoSave and you will see where you can unsync your desktop. Set
    Desktop to This PC Only so that it doesn't sync to OneDrive.

CraigLong, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Unsyncing desktop shortcuts

I currently have a laptop and a desktop computer synced to the same account. I recently rebuilt my laptop, and when I was done, it put dummy copies of the shortcuts that I have on my other computer. They appear to be synced up, because when I deleted them
    from my laptop, they vanished from my computer as well. Several of these shortcuts go to large programs that would slow down my laptop if installed there, so there's no reason to have the shortcuts on my laptop but they're useful on my other computer. Is there
    a way to unsync the shortcuts, so I can keep the shortcuts on my computer while deleting them from my laptop?

JohnFranzen1, Mar 4, 2020
  4. How can I unsync my laptop from my desktop?

Unsyncing desktop shortcuts

Not a chance. OneDrive is for Onedrive. Has nothing to do with user setting sync.

seahawks65, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

How can I unsync my laptop from my desktop?

1. How can I unsync my laptop from my desktop? - Similar Threads - unsync laptop desktop

2. How can I delete my Windows data from just my laptop and not my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete my Windows data from just my laptop and not my desktop?: I got an hp laptop 2 days ago and used the windows backup from my current desktop on here. Now everything is synced up and my laptop is cluttered with shortcuts it can't use. If I try deleting the shortcuts on the laptop, they delete the desktop and vice versa if I recreate...
  3. How can I delete my Windows data from just my laptop and not my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I delete my Windows data from just my laptop and not my desktop?: I got an hp laptop 2 days ago and used the windows backup from my current desktop on here. Now everything is synced up and my laptop is cluttered with shortcuts it can't use. If I try deleting the shortcuts on the laptop, they delete the desktop and vice versa if I recreate...
  4. How do I unsync a folder in my documents from OneDrive???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unsync a folder in my documents from OneDrive???: I can’t have onedrive messing up my sims 2 saves because it desires to upload everything for no reason.I just want to make it so that my sims 2 folder cannot be messed with by Onedrive. And please, do not tell me to go to my account and “choose folders” because that just...
  5. How do I unsync a folder in my documents from OneDrive???

How do I unsync a folder in my documents from OneDrive???: I can’t have onedrive messing up my sims 2 saves because it desires to upload everything for no reason.I just want to make it so that my sims 2 folder cannot be messed with by Onedrive. And please, do not tell me to go to my account and “choose folders” because that just...
  6. How do I unsync my backgrounds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unsync my backgrounds?: I want to have a different background on laptop than I do on my other computers, but if I change it on my laptop, I know it will change for my other computers as well. So I want to unsync my background, but still have everything else synced. Another problem is that my laptop...
  7. How do I unsync my backgrounds?

How do I unsync my backgrounds?: I want to have a different background on laptop than I do on my other computers, but if I change it on my laptop, I know it will change for my other computers as well. So I want to unsync my background, but still have everything else synced. Another problem is that my laptop...
  8. Can i shift my Windows Os from my laptop to desktop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i shift my Windows Os from my laptop to desktop?: I had brought a laptop with preinstalled windows but then i recently brought a new desktop, so can i shift my original windows on laptop to the desktop ? Does cloning the C drive work.?...
  9. how do i unsync my two pc laptops

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i unsync my two pc laptops: Have a dell laptop with word 10 and surface pro with word 10. I'm trying to unlink the surface pro from every file that I add to my dell. Everything I've tried will not work. Help anyone?...
  10. Unsyncing desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unsyncing desktop icons: We have three pc's that seem to be sharing the icons on the desktop. How do we stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsyncing-desktop-icons/9f5a5a3a-e194-4234-8171-b4a37196df4b