Windows 10: How can I update an old Windows 7 laptop if I don’t have a product key + my Windows 7 isn’t...

Discus and support How can I update an old Windows 7 laptop if I don’t have a product key + my Windows 7 isn’t... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m trying to upgrade a family member’s old Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10, however I’ve been running into some problems. I am using the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throwaway_478040, Nov 27, 2020.

1. How can I update an old Windows 7 laptop if I don’t have a product key + my Windows 7 isn’t...

I’m trying to upgrade a family member’s old Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10, however I’ve been running into some problems. I am using the Windows 10 Disk Image (ISO File) installer.

Everything was going great until I was asked to enter in the Windows Product Key. It claimed that my version of Windows was not activated and that I had to enter in a product key to activate it. The problem is, no one has used the laptop since a few years ago, so I’m unsure as to where I can find further info for the laptop and where it was purchased from. I didn’t see any stickers with the key on the bottom of the laptop, so I used another application to extract it to my laptop. I tried using the one I found but it was denied, stating that the product key was a “default” product key.

Right now it says the laptop is in the “initial grace period” and has 24 days left. Does anyone know what I can do? Thank you all in advance.

submitted by /u/throwaway_478040
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throwaway_478040, Nov 27, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Windows 7 OEM license don´t work

Dear community,

last week I bought a new notebook (asus gl752vw). I also bought an windows 7 pro 64 bite oem license. I installed the operating system windows 7 pro on my new notebook, but there was a problem, that the notebook drivers only work with windows 10 64 bit (****.
    I dont know why) I couldn´t even connect to the internet. I thought maybe first I should activate my license. I called the windows hotline and followed the steps. The 9 codes under the phone number of windows worked fine, so I got my activationcode from windows
    per phone. Now the problem was that i missed one letter or number from the activation id, so it said not more compatibIe. So my windows 7 oem license wasnt activated at all. After that I thought it would be better when I install windows 10. After the installation
    of windows 10 64 bit the notebook worked fine and all was possible. The only missing point is, when I wanna activate my license Windows say: "This product key is running on another pc. Please try it with a different key. Error: 0x803FA071.

So when I wanna activate the license now per phone the 9 codes under the number aren´t verificated (that´s what the windows support voice said). Do you know how I can fix the problem or so? I don´t wanna buy a new license if it´s possible.

(sorry for mistakes, cause I´m german).

FabianKlüter, Nov 27, 2020
  4. AddRAM Win User

How can I update an old Windows 7 laptop if I don’t have a product key + my Windows 7 isn’t...

windows 10 product key

What do you mean you HAD to install W10 ?

If you don`t have a key you`ll have to buy one, or use a 7 or 8 key as suggested.

AddRAM, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

How can I update an old Windows 7 laptop if I don’t have a product key + my Windows 7 isn’t...

1. How can I update an old Windows 7 laptop if I don’t have a product key + my Windows 7 isn’t... - Similar Threads - update old laptop

2. how can i get product key on windows 7 Ultimate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i get product key on windows 7 Ultimate.: I AM RAHULHellow , i dont know that how to get product key for Windows 7 Ultimate plz help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-product-key-on-windows-7-ultimate/7fc5fd36-3c25-42fb-bc9b-6cdbc202ac95
  3. how can i get product key on windows 7 Ultimate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i get product key on windows 7 Ultimate.: I AM RAHULHellow , i dont know that how to get product key for Windows 7 Ultimate plz help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-product-key-on-windows-7-ultimate/7fc5fd36-3c25-42fb-bc9b-6cdbc202ac95
  4. Can I retrieve windows 7 product key with product ID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I retrieve windows 7 product key with product ID?: Hi ,I had a very old laptop which had windows 7 Ultimate system, I forgot to save the product key from my windows 7 and installed windows 10 Pro downloaded from Microsoft website but I still have my product ID from windows 7 ultimate. Is there a way I can retrieve the product...
  5. Can I retrieve windows 7 product key with product ID?

Can I retrieve windows 7 product key with product ID?: Hi ,I had a very old laptop which had windows 7 Ultimate system, I forgot to save the product key from my windows 7 and installed windows 10 Pro downloaded from Microsoft website but I still have my product ID from windows 7 ultimate. Is there a way I can retrieve the product...
  6. I don't have a product key for windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have a product key for windows 7: Windows 7 missing products key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-product-key-for-windows-7/fb53be5c-7b6b-46d1-bbd1-665e3171611f
  7. I don't have a product key for windows 7

I don't have a product key for windows 7: Windows 7 missing products key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-product-key-for-windows-7/fb53be5c-7b6b-46d1-bbd1-665e3171611f
  8. I forgot my window 7 product key

I forgot my window 7 product key: How do I activate window 10 with the same desktop? I have installed window 10 but it needs product key to activate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-window-7-product-key/03518f5b-8140-4037-a7d0-4059337e52d6
  9. How can I burn a new Windows 7 CD if I have the product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I burn a new Windows 7 CD if I have the product key: I purchased a Windows 7 Premium 64bit upgrade online in 2014 and have the Product Key I received. I did not get the CD., only the web-based upgrade.My Windows n& OS is now corrupted and my PC cannot boot up or repair itself. SO I want to jnow if I can burn a Win& CD from a MS...
  10. How can I burn a new Windows 7 CD if I have the product key

How can I burn a new Windows 7 CD if I have the product key: I purchased a Windows 7 Premium 64bit upgrade online in 2014 and have the Product Key I received. I did not get the CD., only the web-based upgrade.My Windows n& OS is now corrupted and my PC cannot boot up or repair itself. SO I want to jnow if I can burn a Win& CD from a MS...