Windows 10: How can I update my 8.1 to10

Discus and support How can I update my 8.1 to10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. Im Thelma,How is this new change going to affect my day to day use of microsoft office?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thelma Morgan, Jan 6, 2023.

  1. How can I update my 8.1 to10


    Hello. Im Thelma,How is this new change going to affect my day to day use of microsoft office?

    :)
     
    Thelma Morgan, Jan 6, 2023
    #1

  2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

    I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

    "Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

    1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

    2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

    I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."


    It was a helpful post. Thanks!
     
    BlackHawk1, Jan 6, 2023
    #2
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

    Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

    Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How can I update my 8.1 to10 :) Best regards.


    And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.
     
    3Colors, Jan 6, 2023
    #3
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

    How can I update my 8.1 to10

    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

    DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .
     
    Monk.e83, Jan 6, 2023
    #4
Thema:

How can I update my 8.1 to10

Loading...
  1. How can I update my 8.1 to10 - Similar Threads - update to10

  2. Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package: Microsoft has released the Windows 11 2026 Update, also known as Windows 11 version 26H2, as announced on September 29 in a Windows Experience Blog post by John Cable, Vice President of Product Management for Windows Servicing and Delivery. The update is available now for...
  3. Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices: Microsoft has confirmed that recent Windows 11 updates can leave some devices on a black screen after sign-in, with the desktop session failing to load, according to a new entry on the Windows release health dashboard. The issue affects Windows 11 versions 24H2, 25H2, and...
  4. Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019: Microsoft has paused the rollout of KB5002907, an optional update for out-of-date Microsoft 365 Apps installations, after reports that it deactivated or, in some cases, completely removed perpetual Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 2019 installations on Windows PCs. The...
  5. Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates: Microsoft has fixed a known issue that stopped the File History backup feature from working on some Windows PCs after the September 2026 security updates were installed. The fix ships in the optional KB5124010 and KB5124006 cumulative updates for Windows 11, according to...
  6. Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections: Microsoft has confirmed that the security updates for Windows 11 which are scheduled for September 2026 may cause Always On VPN connections to fail, leaving the affected devices unable to access corporate networks. The company mentioned the issue in a Windows release health...
  7. update windows 7 to10

    in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update windows 7 to10: upgread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-7-to10/2d7e36fc-ae0f-4f19-a39a-0e7fe71a1916
  8. update windows 7 to10

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    update windows 7 to10: upgread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-7-to10/2d7e36fc-ae0f-4f19-a39a-0e7fe71a1916
  9. update windows 7 to10

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update windows 7 to10: upgread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-7-to10/2d7e36fc-ae0f-4f19-a39a-0e7fe71a1916
  10. How can I update my 8.1 to10

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I update my 8.1 to10: Hello. Im Thelma,How is this new change going to affect my day to day use of microsoft office? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-update-my-81-to10/05815755-2a62-4aca-9f83-0238c695f980