Windows 10: How can I upgrade an Active Directory

Discus and support How can I upgrade an Active Directory in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Currently we are having an AD running under Windows Server 2008 R2 in our environment, kindly suggest how can we upgrade it to Windows Server 2016... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Adarsh PS1, Jun 23, 2022.

1. How can I upgrade an Active Directory

Currently we are having an AD running under Windows Server 2008 R2 in our environment, kindly suggest how can we upgrade it to Windows Server 2016 without any error? or do we need to get support of an Active directory Migration expert.

:)

Adarsh PS1, Jun 23, 2022

2. Active Directory upgrade

Hello,

We are working on Active directory upgrade from 2012 R2 to 2019. There is a trust relationship that exist between the primary domain and other domains (around 15). With some of them the trust is bidirectional and with some inbound/outbound. The concern is
    when we promote new 2019 domain controllers or demote old 2012 r2 domain controllers will it effect the trust relationship between domains ?

Please, Suggest.

Thanks,

Pranay.

Pranay Kumar (pranay.kumar), Jun 23, 2022
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jun 23, 2022
  4. How can I upgrade an Active Directory

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

How can I upgrade an Active Directory

1. How can I upgrade an Active Directory - Similar Threads - upgrade Active Directory

2. Active Directory and Exchange Server Upgrade Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory and Exchange Server Upgrade Issues: Hi Guys,for your assistance pleaseOur Company is currently running a Windows Server 2008 AD,DNS,FILESERVER, WSUS linked to a Windows Exchanged Server 2013. Domain name is sample.com.ph user account in AD: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address: *** Email...
  3. How can I find the source of an Active Directory Locked out user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find the source of an Active Directory Locked out user?: Hello all...I'm writing to see if someone can shed some light on a tricky account locked user issue I'm having.The user in question's AD account will get locked out randomly and repeatedly throughout the day. Her phone credentials are fine - no services etc running her...
  4. How can I find the source of an Active Directory Locked out user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find the source of an Active Directory Locked out user?: Hello all...I'm writing to see if someone can shed some light on a tricky account locked user issue I'm having.The user in question's AD account will get locked out randomly and repeatedly throughout the day. Her phone credentials are fine - no services etc running her...
  5. How can I upgrade an Active Directory

How can I upgrade an Active Directory: Currently we are having an AD running under Windows Server 2008 R2 in our environment, kindly suggest how can we upgrade it to Windows Server 2016 without any error? or do we need to get support of an Active directory Migration expert....
  6. How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?: On a domain, I'd like to block the update to windows 11 as we don't support it yet.A few of windows 10 computers have updated to 11, and 1 was successfully reverted, but it repeats updating weekly.I applied some global rules and policies on Pulseway but not sure it they would...
  7. How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?

How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?: On a domain, I'd like to block the update to windows 11 as we don't support it yet.A few of windows 10 computers have updated to 11, and 1 was successfully reverted, but it repeats updating weekly.I applied some global rules and policies on Pulseway but not sure it they would...
  8. How can I block a specific update on Active Directory?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How can I delete only one user in "Active Directory"?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I delete only one user in "Active Directory"?: A Windows server 2012 R2 Datacenter is configured as Domain Controller. In "Active Directory Users and Computers" a domain is defined. In that domain a "group" (zone) is defined and in that group an "users group". In that "users group" several users (accounts) are defined....
  10. How can I delete only one user in "Active Directory"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I delete only one user in "Active Directory"?: A Windows server 2012 R2 Datacenter is configured as Domain Controller. In "Active Directory Users and Computers" a domain is defined. In that domain a "group" (zone) is defined and in that group an "users group". In that "users group" several users (accounts) are defined....