Windows 10: How can I upgrade an employee's laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro without a Microsoft account?

Discus and support How can I upgrade an employee's laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro without a Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the title says....I am setting up three employee's laptops that have Windows 11 Home pre-installed. The laptops are now setup. However, I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anselm Priest, Jan 23, 2023.

1. How can I upgrade an employee's laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro without a Microsoft account?

As the title says....I am setting up three employee's laptops that have Windows 11 Home pre-installed. The laptops are now setup. However, I want to upgrade them to 11 Pro but I want to keep the PC's as local accounts, so not signing in with my, or their Microsoft Accounts if they have one!?.So, how can I upgrade an employee's laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro without a signing into a Microsoft account?TIAanselm

:)

Anselm Priest, Jan 23, 2023
  2. JonGrimes Win User

Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Edition

No but after it installed the malfunctioning Windows 11 upgrade it was listed as Windows 11 Pro. Microsoft Windows support advised I reinstall Windows 10 Pro and said that Windows 11 is really only meant for new PC's that come with it preinstalled. MSI website doesn't list my 2020 GT76 Titan dt-039 notebook on their Windows 11 upgrade eligibility list so I guess that's why the Windows 11 Pro upgrade failed. I suggest being careful with trying the Windows 11 upgrade despite it stating my notebook was capable of running Windows 11 it was wrong. Luckily I have the original Windows 10 Pro USB Flash drive because the Windows 11 Pro upgrade was so incomplete I had no way of reverting notebook back to Windows 10 without reinstalling from a USB Flash.

JonGrimes, Jan 23, 2023
  3. ths0210 Win User
    Windows 11 Home to Pro Upgrade for Domain Use

Owner of company had to buy a laptop while on vacation to do work remotely in a pinch. Laptop has Windows 11 Home, we want to upgrade to 11 Pro for domain use.

If the Windows Store is the place to purchase this upgrade for $99, and the Store has to be linked to a Microsoft Account, how can I ensure we retain the license if that account was disabled if that employee left? What is the best/proper way for an organization to upgrade a PC from Home to Pro in order to use in domain environment without risk of losing the Pro license down the road?

Thank you!

ths0210, Jan 23, 2023
  4. How can I upgrade an employee's laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro without a Microsoft account?

Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

How can I upgrade an employee's laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro without a Microsoft account?

1. How can I upgrade an employee's laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro without a Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - upgrade employee's laptop

2. Windows 11 Home upgrade to Pro without Home installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home upgrade to Pro without Home installation: I'm running Windows 11 on Parallels for Mac. I wanted to install Windows 11 Home, but after I tried to add the product key, I discovered the Parallels already installed Windows 11 Pro. I would like to upgrade my Home product for Pro, I have a Home registration key, but don't...
  3. How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store: Hi How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store .Please helpThanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-11-home-to-pro-from/348a2f50-11d1-4e24-8cfc-61bd02c2fc4d
  4. How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store

How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store: Hi How to upgrade windows 11 home to pro from Microsoft store .Please helpThanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-11-home-to-pro-from/348a2f50-11d1-4e24-8cfc-61bd02c2fc4d
  5. Upgrade Laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro: I have a Lenovo Legion 5i Pro which came with Windows 11 Home. To re-install windows, they have their own media creation too which installs Windows 11 and the Lenovo drivers & software to recreate the system as it came out of the box.I have actually used the Lenovo media to...
  6. Upgrade Laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro

Upgrade Laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro: I have a Lenovo Legion 5i Pro which came with Windows 11 Home. To re-install windows, they have their own media creation too which installs Windows 11 and the Lenovo drivers & software to recreate the system as it came out of the box.I have actually used the Lenovo media to...
  7. How can I upgrade an employee's laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro without a Microsoft account?

How can I upgrade an employee's laptop from Windows 11 Home to Pro without a Microsoft account?: As the title says....I am setting up three employee's laptops that have Windows 11 Home pre-installed. The laptops are now setup. However, I want to upgrade them to 11 Pro but I want to keep the PC's as local accounts, so not signing in with my, or their Microsoft Accounts if...
  8. How do I upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro prior to entering a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro prior to entering a Microsoft account: I have bought 2 new laptops that have come with Windows 11 Home and I need to upgrade them to 11 Pro before activating them so I cam choose to use them in a work environment.How am I able to accomplish thisthank you...
  9. How do I upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro prior to entering a Microsoft account

How do I upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro prior to entering a Microsoft account: I have bought 2 new laptops that have come with Windows 11 Home and I need to upgrade them to 11 Pro before activating them so I cam choose to use them in a work environment.How am I able to accomplish thisthank you...
  10. hey, how can I upgrade from windows 10 home to pro without reinstalling windows? the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hey, how can I upgrade from windows 10 home to pro without reinstalling windows? the...: the windows 10 home isn't activated. submitted by /u/gnomer_the_gnome [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/if54qh/hey_how_can_i_upgrade_from_windows_10_home_to_pro/