Windows 10: How can I upgrade from a SSD to another?

Discus and support How can I upgrade from a SSD to another? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I got a nice deal with the black friday's discounts for a 480GB SSD from kingston. I had another one with 120GB so i want to move everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DragosBarbuRo, Nov 26, 2018.

1. How can I upgrade from a SSD to another?

Hello!

I got a nice deal with the black friday's discounts for a 480GB SSD from kingston. I had another one with 120GB so i want to move everything from it to the other one, that means Windows and a couple of apps. I will keep both SSDs in my system but I want the 480GBs one to be the main one. Which is the best way to do like so?

:)

DragosBarbuRo, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Morgoth Win User

im upgrading How can I upgrade from a SSD to another? :)

got a new job, means i get enough cash to upgrade *Big Grin How can I upgrade from a SSD to another? :D
    this is my list

CPU: Intel Xeon W5590
    GPU: SAPPHIRE HD 7970 3gb

SSD: Sandisk Solid State Drive 64GB
    PCi-e SSD: OCZ RevoDrive 3 series RVD3-FHPX4-240G PCI-E MLC Solid State Drive SSD

anny other suggestions for my system? *Big Grin How can I upgrade from a SSD to another? :D

Morgoth, Nov 26, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    OWC Releases New 4.0TB Aura SSD Upgrade for 2013 Mac Pro

OWC, a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, announced today the immediate availability of the OWC 4.0TB Aura SSD Upgrade for the 2013-current Apple Mac Pro. The Aura SSD for Mac Pro is the first internal SSD upgrade for the 2013-current Mac Pro and debuted at CES 2015 offering up to 2.0TB of capacity. The all-new 4.0TB model shipping just in time for CES 2016 doubles the capacity available offering up to 16x the capacity of the standard factory drive and 4X the capacity of the maximum factory SSD/flash option.

The 4.0TB OWC Aura SSD for 2013-current Mac Pro (black cylinder models) includes the award-winning OWC Envoy Pro SSD enclosure, making it easy to repurpose the original factory-installed Mac Pro SSD as an elegant aluminum-body external drive for incredible portable performance. OWC also provides free how-to installation videos and a special tool needed for straightforward end user/do-it-yourself installation.

How can I upgrade from a SSD to another? 48a_thm.jpg

OWC Aura SSD for Mac Pro Upgrade Kits includes:
    • Aura SSD for Mac Pro
    • Envoy Pro SSD enclosure for the existing factory SSD (transfer data & ongoing external use)
    • Double-shielded USB 3.0 / USB 3.1 Gen 1 connecting cable for the Envoy Pro enclosure
    • Complete kit with everything needed for end user installation of the new drive into 2013 Mac Pro
    • 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty.
    Innovative, Dependable, and Designed for Mac
    Built on the time-tested Aura platform, the Aura SSD for Mac Pro is the only internal SSD upgrade solution custom engineered for current Mac Pro models. OWC SSDs feature an industry-leading suite of controller technologies to deliver longevity and dependable performance.

Upgrade Easy with OWC
    The Aura SSD for Mac Pro upgrade kit comes complete with everything users need for a simple do-it-yourself upgrade. OWC's free, comprehensive install videos guide users through the process step-by-step. Click here for the install video.

"Regardless of which size factory SSD you're replacing, an Aura SSD upgrade gives you significantly more space to work, create, and express," said Larry O'Connor, OWC Founder and CEO. "Users can edit and store enormous photo, music and video libraries, and improve their efficiency in creative workflows. Such a huge internal SSD/Flash capacity boost gives you the freedom to do so much more on your Mac Pro."

Availability and Pricing
    The 4.0TB Aura SSD for Mac Pro is priced at $2,128.00 and is available now for same-day shipping at http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/SSDA13MP4.0K/.

The other drives in the Aura line for Mac Pros are priced as follows:
    • 1.0TB version - $895.00
    • 2.0TB version - $1,447.99

btarunr, Nov 26, 2018
  4. swarfega Win User

How can I upgrade from a SSD to another?

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

How can I upgrade from a SSD to another?

1. How can I upgrade from a SSD to another? - Similar Threads - upgrade SSD another

2. How can I transfer Windows 11 to another SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer Windows 11 to another SSD: My motherboard has 2 nvme slots at first I had a single SSD then I got another one which is faster and larger on capacity. I have got files on both old and new SSD so deleting anything is not an option for me. Old SSD holds the Windows install so is it possible to transfer...
  3. How can I transfer Windows 11 to another SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I transfer Windows 11 to another SSD: My motherboard has 2 nvme slots at first I had a single SSD then I got another one which is faster and larger on capacity. I have got files on both old and new SSD so deleting anything is not an option for me. Old SSD holds the Windows install so is it possible to transfer...
  4. How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?: How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd? Can i use my old license key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-transfer-my-windows-licence-to-another/8b53b809-0baa-4789-a30b-2c5e59a0d15a
  5. How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?

How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?: How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd? Can i use my old license key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-transfer-my-windows-licence-to-another/8b53b809-0baa-4789-a30b-2c5e59a0d15a
  6. How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD

Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD: The past few days, I've been having issues with my boot drive. I keep getting the A2 error on my mobo. I installed the SSD in 2017 and am going to buy a new one before it completely dies. I don't want to rebuy windows. What's the best way for me to move windows onto a new...
  8. Can I transfer all data to a SSD and then to another SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer all data to a SSD and then to another SSD: So I got a new SSD for Christmas and I can’t transfer my data from my old SSD to my new SSD because I can’t have them in at the same time, so I am transferring my data to a portable hard drive, and then onto my new SSD. My main thought is that it won’t get ALL of my data over...
  9. Upgrade OS from one SSD to another SSD?

Upgrade OS from one SSD to another SSD?: Could I possibly get some help on how best I can upgrade my existing SSD. I have a 256 GB SSD which I would like to upgrade to a 480 GB SSD. I already have the new SSD and want to upgrade it tommorow. How best I can transfer/migrate my OS (Windows 10 Insider Preview) from the...
  10. Another Newby with a SSD to SSD upgrade problem...

Another Newby with a SSD to SSD upgrade problem...: So, yes, I am a newby here, and know just enough to be dangerous... So please flame me gently! I have an HP laptop with 128gb SSD and 1tb hdd. OS lives on the SSD, which is too small. So I am trying to upgrade the SSD to 1tb. I cloned the existing SSD to my new 1tb SSD via...