Windows 10: How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ?

Discus and support How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I wanted to do a fresh install of windows 10 on my hp laptop after upgrading my HDD to SSD. It did not came with any windows 10 product key so i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MonilMansukhani, Oct 9, 2021.

1. How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ?

I wanted to do a fresh install of windows 10 on my hp laptop after upgrading my HDD to SSD. It did not came with any windows 10 product key so i am wondering how can i do the upgrate without buying a new copy of windows 10 ?

:)

MonilMansukhani, Oct 9, 2021

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Oct 9, 2021
  3. T Monahan Win User
    Switch HDD to SSD + Add m2 2280 SSD then Activation? Or Activate then swap all the HDD/SSDs around?

Good Afternoon,

Just purchased a brand new desktop PC (it still in the box). Its preinstalled with Windows 10 Professional (awaiting activation) on the a single drive which is a 2.5" HDD. I don't' want that drive in the computer and I've purchased two new SSD's to upgrade
    the system. Once I remove the HDD, its no longer part of my equation.

Current out of the box setup:

2.5" HDD with Windows 10 Pro awaiting first startup / initiation and activation.

Where I want to go:

M.2 2280 SSD as Primary drive with Windows 10 Pro installed and activated here

2.5" SSD as secondary drive for my files/documents/data.

How do I get the preinstalled Win10Pro off the HDD, and activate it on the M2 SSD as the primary OS boot drive? Should I activate windows before making all these hardware changes? Or should I clone/reinstall Windows 10 Pro to the M.2 SSD then activate?
    Last step is adding the additional SSD for data, but that's not a priority … or is it? Add it before activation?

This is the headache I get for buying an pre-built system that wasn't originally spec'd the way I wanted. Oh well.

Do the HDD/SSD changes make a diff to the activation process? or is it all hardware encoded to the motherboard which remains unchanged?

Advice?

T Monahan, Oct 9, 2021
  4. jr1107 Win User

How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ?

Upgrading from HDD to SSD on Windows 10

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my current HDD (on my laptop) to a Samsung Evo SSD and I have some queries regarding the process. I am aware of the whole media creating process but I'd just wanna know if there would be any activation issues. I believe these are
    the steps involved.

1. Download the media creation tool. (Please confirm which one)

2. Replace HDD by SSD.

3. Boot from USB Drive and install on SSD. (It should not ask for a license)

4. Install all drivers.

Is this it? Did I miss any step?

Thank you

jr1107, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ?

1. How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ? - Similar Threads - upgrade HDD SSD

2. how can i activate my windows and upgrade it to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i activate my windows and upgrade it to windows 10: i tried some methods getting my product key but evertime i get an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-my-windows-and-upgrade-it-to/0d7e8d70-7f25-4505-aafd-1acce3702af6
  3. how can i activate windows into my new SSD from old HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i activate windows into my new SSD from old HDD: I have a HDD which is pre-installed windows 7 and it upgraded to windows 10 pro. nodw i want to upgrade my laptop with SSD . how can i copy it into ssd . is the old product key useful to me to activate if i installed fresh os into my new ssd...
  4. how can i activate windows into my new SSD from old HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i activate windows into my new SSD from old HDD: I have a HDD which is pre-installed windows 7 and it upgraded to windows 10 pro. nodw i want to upgrade my laptop with SSD . how can i copy it into ssd . is the old product key useful to me to activate if i installed fresh os into my new ssd...
  5. how can i activate windows into my new SSD from old HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ?: I wanted to do a fresh install of windows 10 on my hp laptop after upgrading my HDD to SSD. It did not came with any windows 10 product key so i am wondering how can i do the upgrate without buying a new copy of windows 10 ?...
  7. How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ?

How can i upgrade my HDD to SSD and still have Windows 10 Activated ?: I wanted to do a fresh install of windows 10 on my hp laptop after upgrading my HDD to SSD. It did not came with any windows 10 product key so i am wondering how can i do the upgrate without buying a new copy of windows 10 ?...
  8. Upgrade a drive from HDD to SSD keeping Windows 10 activated

Upgrade a drive from HDD to SSD keeping Windows 10 activated: Good Evening, I'd like to upgrade the internal drive of a computer from HDD to SSD and install Windows 10 on it. I want to be sure that the copy I'll install on the SSD will be correctly activated. The PC is a Lenovo G50-70, it was shipped with Windows 8 and it has been...
  9. Can I reinstall Windows 10 and still have my licence activated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I reinstall Windows 10 and still have my licence activated?: Hello. I ask this question to make sure. Currently I have a 32 bit version of Windows 10 but I found out my processor can support 64 bit. If I was to reinstall Windows 10 with the 64 bit version, I will still have my license activated right?...
  10. I have Windows 10 on my HDD and I want it on my SSD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have Windows 10 on my HDD and I want it on my SSD.: A few years ago I bought Windows 10 on a disk and installed it onto my HDD. Now I have an SSD and want the better load times that come with having the OS on the SSD. I still have the original packaging and disk, along with the activation key. Would there be any way to...