Windows 10: How can I upgrade photo app to create videos?

Discus and support How can I upgrade photo app to create videos? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my old Windows PC I could create videos in the photo App. Disappointingly it's not an option on my new PC. How can I access this feature? My new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James W_110, Dec 22, 2019.

1. How can I upgrade photo app to create videos?

On my old Windows PC I could create videos in the photo App. Disappointingly it's not an option on my new PC. How can I access this feature?

My new PC is Windows 10 Home v1909 64 bit.

Thanks.

:)

James W_110, Dec 22, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 22, 2019
  4. How can I upgrade photo app to create videos?

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

How can I upgrade photo app to create videos?

1. How can I upgrade photo app to create videos? - Similar Threads - upgrade photo app

2. How can i create a photos folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i create a photos folder?: I like to create a Folder for Photos to down load from my cell phone. I also have encrypted photos which needs to be saved in same folder. Need your technical help to resolve this....
  3. How can i create a photos folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i create a photos folder?: I like to create a Folder for Photos to down load from my cell phone. I also have encrypted photos which needs to be saved in same folder. Need your technical help to resolve this....
  4. How can i create a photos folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Create Video in Photos App

Create Video in Photos App: When creating a Video in the Photos App, a file in the Pictures folder was created call Video Projects. It was easy for me to delete these files when disk space use became excessive. I recently installed the newest release of Windows 10 and the Video Projects folder is not...
  6. How Do I Create a New Video Project in Photos App

How Do I Create a New Video Project in Photos App: [ATTACH]I have attached a screenshot of a Photos App task bar. I have been trying to figure out how to create a new video project so that I can cut together a bunch of short videos into one lone one. There is no option in my task bar to start a new video project....
  7. Custom Created Video is not exporting in Photos App

Custom Created Video is not exporting in Photos App: Hi, I have created a customised video in Windows 10 Photos App's video editor section. After having created that video, whenever I am trying to export the video it is giving me an error for insufficient memory with an error code 0X8007000E , 2-3 hours after I have kept it...
  8. How can I add a second text to the video in the Photo App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I add a second text to the video in the Photo App?: Provide me with steps to add more than one text to the video in Windows 10 photo app. I have added a text but cannot find how to add another text to my video...
  9. "Create Video with Music" feature in Photos App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Create Video with Music" feature in Photos App: Why the above mentioned feature is not available on the insider build photos app ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-video-with-music-feature-in-photos-app/1b46ab34-89d7-4a75-ace2-99ff06732f9f"
  10. How can I rotate a VIDEO in Photos

How can I rotate a VIDEO in Photos: Hello, Windows movie maker had a great feature to rotate videos. I see it for pictures but the rotation button grays out on a video. I have googled and messed with photos for hours. It doesn't seem like the feature exists for videos. Can anyone help? Thanks, John...