Windows 10: How can I upgrade to windows 10?

Discus and support How can I upgrade to windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im on a refurbished laptop. Use to have windows 7. Since its out of support now how can I upload to windows 10? I dont have the windows product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GypsyLyon, Mar 3, 2020.

1. GypsyLyon Win User

How can I upgrade to windows 10?

Im on a refurbished laptop. Use to have windows 7. Since its out of support now how can I upload to windows 10? I

dont have the windows product key since its refurbished.

:)

GypsyLyon, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I upgrade to windows 10? - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10: Can someone tell me what to do to upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10 ...is it free ??or Do i have to purchase it... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-my-windows-7-to-windows-10/29a1a28e-41f4-4112-9e38-2b4cf2130fa5
  3. windows 10 upgrade from 7

windows 10 upgrade from 7: I can not upgrade to windows 10. Keep getting a code oxc1900 ox20017,can anyone help-thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-from-7/81f84b02-43ec-4758-add0-a23bbb44b574
  4. Win 10 "Upgrade"

Win 10 "Upgrade": My laptop upon me shutting it down started "upgrades" and when I went back online I had lost the ability to: 1 Use my Ports/HDMI 2 Use my camera 3 Use my touch screen function/tablet mode 4 My Validator Plan-Um software GONE. 5 My VIAVI Fiberscope software GONE. I...
  5. Paid for upgrade but will not install on device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Paid for upgrade but will not install on device: what am i doing wrong? i paid for upgrade to windows 10 pro but how do i activate this upgrade? when i check my pc properties it still shows windows 10 home edition...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade&install

Windows 10 upgrade&install: So i recently bought a windows 10 and idk how to upgrade it to it. My laptop has windows 7 and i would like to upgrade to windows 10. I think i need space but idk. How do i install it and if i need more space availible on my disc should i make a backup on a external hard...
  7. "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSODs some time after a hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSODs some time after a hardware upgrade: TL;DR: I'd like to ask you guys for some guidance diagnosing "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSODs. ====================== Hi guys! It's my first post here yeah, you guessed it, I registered specifically to post this here ;P and it will be lengthy... But it's all with best...
  8. Purchased Windows10 Pro license and trying to upgrade from Win10 Home Insider Preview

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased Windows10 Pro license and trying to upgrade from Win10 Home Insider Preview: Hey everyone, Inadvertently got myself "stuck" during an upgrade. My Win10 machine has been on a Win10 Home setup for several years - I upgraded from Win8.1 with the free Win10 upgrade as soon as they were available a few years ago. Anyways, I wanted to upgrade to a...
  9. Trying to upgrade Memory with Win 10_1909...need help.

Trying to upgrade Memory with Win 10_1909...need help.: I originally purchased Windows 10 ver. 1803 but over time I've updated and now run Win 10 ver. 1909. I'm trying to install 16 GB of RAM on my computer because the 8 GB I'm currently running is beginning to get slow for some of the apps I am running. Would someone, please,...
  10. Upgrading windows 7 to windows 10

Upgrading windows 7 to windows 10: When i was upgrading my laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 it stops saying Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation...