Windows 10: How Can I Use a Microphone on a Laptop That Doesn't Have a Microphone Jack?

Discus and support How Can I Use a Microphone on a Laptop That Doesn't Have a Microphone Jack? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 laptop. For some reason there's no microphone jack, only a headphone jack and like 2 USB ports. How can I use a microphone when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MyNameIsJay_I'mNotOk, Sep 17, 2020.

1. How Can I Use a Microphone on a Laptop That Doesn't Have a Microphone Jack?

I have a windows 10 laptop. For some reason there's no microphone jack, only a headphone jack and like 2 USB ports. How can I use a microphone when there's no place to connect it? If I have to buy an adapter I'm gonna be so pissed.

:)

MyNameIsJay_I'mNotOk, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Mazkaa Win User
    My headphones microphone doesn´t work

I recently updated my Asus laptop to windows 10 and noticed that my microphone doesn´t work anymore. Before it was working well and after the update it started using my laptops own mic and in settings i cant change input to anything

Mazkaa, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Butters Win User

How Can I Use a Microphone on a Laptop That Doesn't Have a Microphone Jack?

Microphone not working with combo audio jack

My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone input is absolutely ignored.

I am 100% positive this is an audio/microphone splitter (and not just an audio splitter) as it has 3 rings on the end of it (indicating that it is compatible with using a microphone), and one of the input jacks even has a microphone icon on it. Realtek Settings are nowhere to be found in Control Panel, and I couldn't seem to find anything in the system sound settings that would help me either.

I've already spent money on this new headset, so as you can imagine I'm pretty frustrated that this is not working, and I really, really don't want to spend any more money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Butters, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

How Can I Use a Microphone on a Laptop That Doesn't Have a Microphone Jack?

1. How Can I Use a Microphone on a Laptop That Doesn't Have a Microphone Jack? - Similar Threads - Microphone Laptop Doesn't

2. How to fix Jack microphone not inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Jack microphone not inserted: Hi I am having issues as my headphones microphone is not working because my jack microphone is not plugged in even though it is please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-jack-microphone-not-inserted/300ec776-c578-4e74-8011-ecdd11dd7340
  3. How to fix Jack microphone not inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Jack microphone not inserted: Hi I am having issues as my headphones microphone is not working because my jack microphone is not plugged in even though it is please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-jack-microphone-not-inserted/300ec776-c578-4e74-8011-ecdd11dd7340
  4. How to fix Jack microphone not inserted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I don't have a microphone port so I connected my microphone to a the headphone jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I don't have a microphone port so I connected my microphone to a the headphone jack: I connected my microphone to my headphone jack it worked but now it thinks it's a headset or a speaker how to I fix it so it works like a normal microphone?...
  6. I don't have a microphone port so I connected my microphone to a the headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have a microphone port so I connected my microphone to a the headphone jack: I connected my microphone to my headphone jack it worded but now it thinks it's a headset or a speaker how to I fix it to become a normal microphone?...
  7. I don't have a microphone port so I connected my microphone to a the headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't have a microphone port so I connected my microphone to a the headphone jack: I connected my microphone to my headphone jack it worded but now it thinks it's a headset or a speaker how to I fix it to become a normal microphone?...
  8. Microphone doesn't work on laptop

Microphone doesn't work on laptop: Whenever I try to use my microphone in any app, it doesn't work, even when I plug in my headphones, my headphones don't get recognized as a playback device and also not as a recording device aux. I am using a Lenovo S540-15IWL GTX.On OS build 18363.1316 and Motherboard:...
  9. microphone doesn't work on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    microphone doesn't work on laptop: [ATTACH] Whenever I try to use my microphone in any app, it doesn't work, even when I plug in my headphones, my headphones get recognized as a playback device but not a recording device (aux). I am using a Lenovo S540-15IWL GTX.(On OS build 18363.1316) The bar doesn't...
  10. Desktop microphone jack

Desktop microphone jack: So I Bought a nice looking desktop microphone from Wish. And shortly after opening it i noticed A problem. It had a headphone jack, every time i plugged it in I got madder and madder because it would not show up in the recording devices. I also could find it in playback...