Windows 10: How Can I Use a Microphone on a Laptop That Doesn't Have a Microphone Jack?

Discus and support How Can I Use a Microphone on a Laptop That Doesn't Have a Microphone Jack? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 laptop. For some reason there's no microphone jack, only a headphone jack and like 2 USB ports. How can I use a microphone when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MyNameIsJay_I'mNotOk, Sep 17, 2020 at 3:42 AM.

1. How Can I Use a Microphone on a Laptop That Doesn't Have a Microphone Jack?

I have a windows 10 laptop. For some reason there's no microphone jack, only a headphone jack and like 2 USB ports. How can I use a microphone when there's no place to connect it? If I have to buy an adapter I'm gonna be so pissed.

:)

MyNameIsJay_I'mNotOk, Sep 17, 2020 at 3:42 AM
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

3. Mazkaa Win User
    My headphones microphone doesn´t work

I recently updated my Asus laptop to windows 10 and noticed that my microphone doesn´t work anymore. Before it was working well and after the update it started using my laptops own mic and in settings i cant change input to anything

4. Butters Win User

How Can I Use a Microphone on a Laptop That Doesn't Have a Microphone Jack?

Microphone not working with combo audio jack

My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone input is absolutely ignored.

I am 100% positive this is an audio/microphone splitter (and not just an audio splitter) as it has 3 rings on the end of it (indicating that it is compatible with using a microphone), and one of the input jacks even has a microphone icon on it. Realtek Settings are nowhere to be found in Control Panel, and I couldn't seem to find anything in the system sound settings that would help me either.

I've already spent money on this new headset, so as you can imagine I'm pretty frustrated that this is not working, and I really, really don't want to spend any more money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thema:

How Can I Use a Microphone on a Laptop That Doesn't Have a Microphone Jack?

1. How Can I Use a Microphone on a Laptop That Doesn't Have a Microphone Jack? - Similar Threads - Microphone Laptop Doesn't

2. Laptop doesn't detect headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop doesn't detect headset microphone.: Hey! I am using an Acer Aspire 7 - A715 - 41G - R300. When I try to plug in my Razer Kraken 2019 has a TRRS plug, the laptop only detects the headsetnot the microphone. I have tried reinstalling drivers, updating them, running troubleshoots, but nothing has worked. The...
  3. Microphone jack won't work

Microphone jack won't work: So I'm currently using an earphone for my pc and I plugged it into the headphone jack to listen. But when I tried plugging another earphone in the mic jack, the pc doesn't pick up any sounds at all, both front and rear audio jacks. I tried going to settings and properties of...
  4. How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?: The microphone on my headset is not working. I want to use the mic that is built directly into my laptop, but when my headphones are plugged in, the pc can only use the mic on them. what's worse is that "realtek HD audio" refers to both my computer's sound system and any...
  5. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: The microphone of my apple earpods alambric doesn´t work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-doesnt-work/08295f54-34ea-4c6b-aa25-79f4900c77d7
  6. Desktop microphone jack

Desktop microphone jack: So I Bought a nice looking desktop microphone from Wish. And shortly after opening it i noticed A problem. It had a headphone jack, every time i plugged it in I got madder and madder because it would not show up in the recording devices. I also could find it in playback...
  7. microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microphone doesn't work: After windows 10 update my blue snowball microphone doesn't work nor does the red Light turn on. And. I have been singing everyday for at least 4-6 hours daily until I allowed the windows 10 update. And I had made safe file inn case something like this happens but somehow...
  8. 1 jack can power a headset+its microphone?

1 jack can power a headset+its microphone?: I have a lenovo laptop ( ideapad 520-15ikb) , and it has only an audio port , like most of the laptops nowadays , and i have a hyperx cloud stinger headset , and it has only 1 jack ( in not sure if this jack can be plugged in my single jack laptop to power both devices , the...
  9. My speaker jack is recognised as microphone jack

My speaker jack is recognised as microphone jack: So I installed windows 10 on a pc from vista ultimate , and after the installation I didn't have any speaker device but two microphones, I installed the updates to the latest and I don't know what to do...
  10. Built-in laptop microphone doesn't work

Built-in laptop microphone doesn't work: I've been attempting to use applications like Teamspeak or Google Hangouts, but whenever I try to use the built-in microphone on my laptop, it doesn't work. It did work when I was using Windows 8.1. The "update driver" button only says that it's up to date. EDIT: I have...