Windows 10: How can I use a PIN that I've used before?

Discus and support How can I use a PIN that I've used before? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My institution made me change my PIN to their specifications. I've since removed their capability to control sign-in on my device, but I cannot change... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rachael CG, Sep 19, 2020.

1. How can I use a PIN that I've used before?

My institution made me change my PIN to their specifications. I've since removed their capability to control sign-in on my device, but I cannot change my PIN back to what it was. Using that PIN is important to me and I'm wondering if there's a way around the Windows limitation or a set time after which I can change it back. Thanks!

As an aside, I don't care that it's more secure to change my PIN every 'x' months. I've already gotten that advice and I'm an adult who should be able to make that decision herself.

:)

Rachael CG, Sep 19, 2020
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Can't use my PIN to login any longer

Hi Tim,

To further assist you in signing in to your Windows computer, you can follow the steps provided below:

• From your
      lockscreen, check if the "Sign-in option" is available.

• Then click the option to use PIN.

• Enter PIN.

If that didn't work, we highly suggest that you create a new account/PIN that you can use to log in to your computer.

For more information on how to create a user account in Windows, you can click in this

support article

Let us know if you need further help.

Anne Fuj, Sep 19, 2020
  4. How can I use a PIN that I've used before?

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

How can I use a PIN that I've used before?

1. How can I use a PIN that I've used before? - Similar Threads - PIN I've used

2. windows 11 pin can not use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 11 pin can not use: Hi,1st pictureI have purchase oem windows and oem office on dell pc..I want to change msconfig....then i request me to login by pinI don't know what is PIN2ndt picturethat is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** which contain oem windows and office.I know password of...
  3. Format disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format disk before you can use it: So I was creating bootable windows 10 on my pen drive using the windows media tool from the official Microsoft website. it was going well but at one point it stopped at 50% it was not moving at all for like an hour. tried to open another program but it got froze "not...
  4. Format disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format disk before you can use it: So I was creating bootable windows 10 on my pen drive using the windows media tool from the official Microsoft website. it was going well but at one point it stopped at 50% it was not moving at all for like an hour. tried to open another program but it got froze "not...
  5. Format disk before you can use it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How can I view the feedback I've made using the Feedback Hub?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I view the feedback I've made using the Feedback Hub?: >_<> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-the-feedback-ive-made-using-the/60bc58ce-befa-4f59-a628-ff44e1862436
  7. How can I return to using login pwd instead of PIN?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I return to using login pwd instead of PIN?: Several months ago Windows 10 prompted me to use a login PIN instead of my normal use of a password. So I traded my 9-character password for a 4-digit PIN, but now I don't feel that the change is safer. Unless there's an unknown advantage to using a PIN, how can I safely go...
  8. How can I use windows hello PIN again?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I use windows hello PIN again?: I didn't remember windows hello's PIN number so I disabled it. But I didn't think that I wouldn't have the access to adding PIN anymore.[ATTACH] The buttons in sign-in optionfingerprint setup and Pin setup aren't clickable. How can I use PIN again?? Please help...
  9. How can I use window hello PIN again?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I use window hello PIN again?: I didn't remember window hello's PIN number so I disabled it. But I didn't think that I wouldn't have the access to adding PIN anymore.[ATTACH] The buttons in sign-in optionfingerprint setup and Pin setup aren't clickable. How can I use PIN again?? Please help...
  10. Using a PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using a PIN: Would appreciate your assistance!! Have an older Toshiba Satellite laptop that got 'mysteriously' upgraded to Windows 10. Been using a password on it since 2011. However, with all the hacking going on in this world, would like to use a PIN instead. Since the...