Windows 10: How can I use a Powerpoint show with pictures in it as my Screen Saver?

Discus and support How can I use a Powerpoint show with pictures in it as my Screen Saver? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have about 75 pictures, each on a PPT slide. How can I use either those pictures or the PPT file itself as my Screen Saver pictures?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Augustin_123, May 14, 2019.

1. How can I use a Powerpoint show with pictures in it as my Screen Saver?

I have about 75 pictures, each on a PPT slide. How can I use either those pictures or the PPT file itself as my Screen Saver pictures?

:)

John Augustin_123, May 14, 2019
  2. nightwyrm Win User

Slide Show Screen Saver Error

Thx for the suggestions.

I've tried using the screen saver with a folder with less pictures and it seems to run fine for now. Thanks anyways.

nightwyrm, May 14, 2019
  3. Rotating/Slide Show Screen Saver for Windows 10

Perfect answer!!! Thank you, it is the only one that tells me exactly what to do..I still HATE Windows 10 though!

Joanne & BobBerens, May 14, 2019
  4. How can I use a Powerpoint show with pictures in it as my Screen Saver?

Rotating/Slide Show Screen Saver for Windows 10

Some refinements to
    Karthicka_R
    's minimalist answer.

• Even though MS blithely provides Win8-specific answers to Win10-specific questions, the answer -- at least in this case -- is nearly sufficient for Win10 v1607.
    • If users pay some extra attention to what they're doing in the course of his instructions, they can get through the omissions & errors of the instructions:
      • Step 1: In the search Cortana search box type
        "settings
        " . . . .
        • Very bizzarely (IMHO) the Settings app is subtitled as a "Trusted Windows Store App." I don't care how trusted it is, I do not like the idea of my device settings manager existing at the same level as something out of any App
          Store. In any case, don't let this "App Store" thing throw you off.
      • Step 3: There is nothing (of interest or otherwise) in any corners here. "Lock Screen" is the 3rd item in the list.
      • Step 4: Scroll down on the "Lock Screen" settings page to see the
        "Screen Saver Settings" link.
      • Step 4.1: Select "Photos" in the "Screen saver" field.
      • Step 4.2: Click the "Settings" button.
      • Step 5: Select the pictures via the "browse" button in the pop-up window that results from step 4.2.
      • Step 6: If desired, select slide show speed: "fast," "medium," or "slow."
        • Despite the link they provide for help on the slideshow config settings pop-up, MS provides no guidance on these values, so I don't know if or how they would vary from one platform to another.
        • On my laptop, I observed the following photo update intervals:
          • Fast ≈ 3 sec
          • Medium ≈ 6 or 7 sec
          • Slow ≈ 11 sec.
      • Step 7: The "shuffle pictures" checkbox
        • If set, then the pictures will be displayed in some randomly shuffled order each time the slideshow activates.
        • If clear, the slideshows will always sequence through the same pictures in the same order every time the screen saver runs.
        • When I use the "preview" button to check my screen saver config settings, the screen saver slide show always starts with the same picture, and subsequent pix are either shuffled or not. Does the screen saver work the same way as its preview? I can only
          guess.

Tuna Fish #5, May 14, 2019
Thema:

How can I use a Powerpoint show with pictures in it as my Screen Saver?

1. How can I use a Powerpoint show with pictures in it as my Screen Saver? - Similar Threads - Powerpoint show pictures

2. How can I force the Microsoft Screen Saver Slide Show to stop using the same pictures every...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I force the Microsoft Screen Saver Slide Show to stop using the same pictures every...: For as long as MS has had the photo slide show screen saver, it has always repeated the same photos every time it turns on. The technology to fix this problems has existed since literally before Windows OS and its photo slide show even existed. All the program needs to do is...
  3. How can I force the Microsoft Screen Saver Slide Show to stop using the same pictures every...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I force the Microsoft Screen Saver Slide Show to stop using the same pictures every...: For as long as MS has had the photo slide show screen saver, it has always repeated the same photos every time it turns on. The technology to fix this problems has existed since literally before Windows OS and its photo slide show even existed. All the program needs to do is...
  4. How can I force the Microsoft Screen Saver Slide Show to stop using the same pictures every...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen saver is not playing my pictures

Screen saver is not playing my pictures: My step father have pictures in his pictures folder of his Windows 10 PC. [ATTACH] When I go in screen saver, I select picture as my choice for screen saver: [ATTACH] If I click on Settings, I can choose what folder of pictures I wish to display: [ATTACH] I have...
  6. Can I use my screen saver as my lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I use my screen saver as my lock screen: I have a neat fish aquarium screen saver. I would like to make it the lock screen. So when I press WINDOW+L I want the screen saver to come on. Is there any way to do this in the windows settings? If not, Is there a third party program or script I could use....
  7. Powerpoint 2007. Can I show a picture while playing video?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Powerpoint 2007. Can I show a picture while playing video?: The problem is that a picture vanishes when a video starts. Can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerpoint-2007-can-i-show-a-picture-while-playing/cad63c2b-92d7-4167-9848-d21ee13a40e2"
  8. Cannot change my screen saver picture

Cannot change my screen saver picture: I physically cannot change my screen saver background. The button is actually disabled, does anyone know what to do or how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-my-screen-saver-picture/23883cef-2ee8-459e-b6b3-17c8a982fa41
  9. where are all my photos I can see as screen savers but not in my pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where are all my photos I can see as screen savers but not in my pictures folder?: I am using Windows 10 and cannot locate photos that I can see only as screen savers. Is there a hidden folder for them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-all-my-photos-i-can-see-as-screen-savers/e9dbc105-df4b-4fa7-b29f-e4c6c9b99fe4"
  10. Screen Saver will not show all pictures exclusivelyin full screen mode

Screen Saver will not show all pictures exclusivelyin full screen mode: I run Windows 10 Pro v1607 (Build 14393.1884). When I leave my PC idle for more than 15 minutes, a factory-set screen saver engages and displays a slide show of all the Wallpaper images in my Pictures folder. However, periodically it displays multiple images in tiled...