Windows 10: How can i use fake webcam on Camera App

Discus and support How can i use fake webcam on Camera App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, i'm trying to use fake webcam as input for Windows 10 built-in Camera App. I'm using a desktop pc with no webcam. I tried several fake webcam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by italiauno, Nov 28, 2017.

1. italiauno Win User

How can i use fake webcam on Camera App

Hi,

i'm trying to use fake webcam as input for Windows 10 built-in Camera App.

I'm using a desktop pc with no webcam. I tried several fake webcam software (manycam, altcam, etc) but with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks *Wink

:)

italiauno, Nov 28, 2017

2. Error code: 0xA00F4244

You can use the built-in app Camera to turn on your webcam. You can refer to this
    support article for additional help on how to use the
    Camera app. The page has instructions on how to use the app.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Nov 28, 2017
  3. How do I access my webcam on my computer?

Hi,

Windows can't find or start the camera

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/can-not-find-start-camera-webcam

Be sure to check with your System Maker's Support, on-line

documentation and drivers, and ask in their forums (if any) where

there would be others with the same model if a built-in WebCam

or the actual WebCam Maker if a separate device.

Check the Start - All Apps for Camera, WebCam, a Folder/Program

with the System Maker's name or similar to see if you can locate

the WebCam software.

These may help :

Camera App and webcams Help (Applies to Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/camera-app-faq

How to use a Webcam

How To Use A Webcam In Your Home | Step-By-Step Guide

Seeing is believing - Use a webcam to bring your instant messaging to life

What happened to my Messenger contacts in Skype? | Skype Support

Here is a google that shows links to how to use a WebCam with many

programs and you can add to its search for any specific program.

How to use a WebCam Windows 10

how to use a webcam - Google Search

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 28, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Buy a webcam?

cereberus, Nov 28, 2017
  5. italiauno Win User
    i don't want to use a webcam. i want to send to the Camera App the desktop capture

italiauno, Nov 28, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Nov 28, 2017
  7. italiauno Win User
    italiauno, Nov 28, 2017
  8. How can i use fake webcam on Camera App

ThrashZone, Nov 28, 2017
  9. italiauno Win User
    That's not exactly what i need.

On Windows 10 there's the Instagram App. I want to use it for live streaming with my desktop and not with the builtin webcam.

I want to make Windows recognize the fake wabcam as the default webcam and use it with Instagram

italiauno, Nov 28, 2017
  10. Hi,
    Okay sorry wasn't exactly sure what you were doing *Smile
    No cell phone around ?

ThrashZone, Nov 29, 2017
  11. jdonado Win User
    Did you find a way to doit , Im looking for the same too

jdonado, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can i use fake webcam on Camera App - Similar Threads - fake webcam Camera

2. How can I troubleshoot my webcam? It says in multiple programs the camera is in use, but it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I troubleshoot my webcam? It says in multiple programs the camera is in use, but it...: I have done all the standard troubleshootingToggling camera permissions, uninstalled skype, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, I checked camera settings and nothing is shown using the camera actively. I have restarted the PC, checked for updates, changed USB ports, etc. I...
  3. How can I troubleshoot my webcam? It says in multiple programs the camera is in use, but it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I troubleshoot my webcam? It says in multiple programs the camera is in use, but it...: I have done all the standard troubleshootingToggling camera permissions, uninstalled skype, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, I checked camera settings and nothing is shown using the camera actively. I have restarted the PC, checked for updates, changed USB ports, etc. I...
  4. How can I troubleshoot my webcam? It says in multiple programs the camera is in use, but it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Default Webcam For Camera App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Webcam For Camera App: Is there a way to actually set a default webcam for the camera app? Please, don't tell me to disable devices or anything. I want to SELECT A CAMERA THAT DOESN'T SHOW IN DEVICES AND PRINTERS. This is crazy that I can't select an OBS Studio virtual webcam. It's like the most...
  6. Webcam shows under "camera's and scanners" nt under camera's, -> can not be used in camera...

Webcam shows under "camera's and scanners" nt under camera's, -> can not be used in camera...: I have an older webcam, "Philips SPC 700NC PC camera", and use it under W10-Pro, 20H2, build 19042.804 Webcam works well with the native Philips software and is displayed in device manager under "cameras and scanners" ... NOT under "cameras". For this reason incorrect...
  7. Webcam - Microsoft camera app

Webcam - Microsoft camera app: I am running the latest Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Winver says it is Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.804, and assures me that it is licensed. The Windows Camera App did not come pre-installed as part of any version or update of Windows 10, including this one. I have tried repeatedly...
  8. Webcam not recognized by Camera App

Webcam not recognized by Camera App: The Webcam I currently use is recognized is not recognized by the Camera App or any Browser. For some reason it works in Skype and Discord. The Error Message in the Windows Camera app is: 0xA00F4288 <AllCamerasAreReserved> I have no idea why this is happening. It happens...
  9. Trouble editing camera properties on webcam using camera app

Trouble editing camera properties on webcam using camera app: I've looked all over the place to try and change the settings for my new webcam, but I tried right clicking on the camera app and nothing happens. The only way I can edit the camera properties is through OBS Studio so far and the settings don't save or change for any other...
  10. Camera app - webcams only?

Camera app - webcams only?: Is the Windows 10 camera app only for webcams or something? I tried connecting my Canon IXUS 95IS and Windows detects it properly but the Camera app doesn't. 58062