Windows 10: How can I use more colors than the regular Highlight bar?

Discus and support How can I use more colors than the regular Highlight bar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need more different colors for a chart than basic ones on the Highlight Bar. Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by J_849, Feb 5, 2019.

1. J_849 Win User

How can I use more colors than the regular Highlight bar?

I need more different colors for a chart than basic ones on the Highlight Bar.

Thank you.

:)

J_849, Feb 5, 2019

2. How to change the highlight color properly / permanently?

Hi folks.

I'm trying to change the highlight color Win10 is using to highlight text and other objects.

As far as I could figure it out, the default value is (r0 g120 b215), the "standard Win10 blue", which is stored in the registry here:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Hilight

Editing this key can be done manually or by using third party tools (e.g. "Classic Color Panel" from WinTools), changes take effect after restarting the Windows explorer - so far so good.

Now comes the strange part: The old/default color comes back after a user is logged off and on again, or after the system was hibernated. After rebooting the modified color is there again.

This problem occurs/occurred so far in all version (build 1507 to 1709) and editions (home and pro).

Any suggestions how to change the highlight color properly (and permanently)?

Greets,

Alucard

Alucard van Blood, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Hexenherz Win User
    Is there a way to change the highlight color of the address bar? (Win10)

This is bugging me vastly... No matter what color I choose for my theme, the text in my address bar of browsers (all of them) and file explorer is highlighted in a weird teal color that does not match the theme.

Every other text, or icons if in explorer, are highlighted in a normal nice blue color.

I can't find a setting to adjust this, and it really bugs me to have this teal color that does not match the rest of the theme.

Hexenherz, Feb 5, 2019
  4. How can I use more colors than the regular Highlight bar?

How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

How can I use more colors than the regular Highlight bar?

1. How can I use more colors than the regular Highlight bar? - Similar Threads - more colors regular

2. How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar?: I record screenshots of a Chrome Browser using XBox Game Bar v 5.823.3261.0 on Windows 10.I press Win+G to bring up the XBox Game Bar, then use the shortcut of Win+Alt+PrtScn. I keep the folder of my screenshots open, and when it hits 256 screenshots, it doesn't capture any...
  3. How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I capture more than 256 screenshots with XBox Game Bar?: I record screenshots of a Chrome Browser using XBox Game Bar v 5.823.3261.0 on Windows 10.I press Win+G to bring up the XBox Game Bar, then use the shortcut of Win+Alt+PrtScn. I keep the folder of my screenshots open, and when it hits 256 screenshots, it doesn't capture any...
  4. searchapp.exe can use more memory resources than Defender and Edge? How can I remove...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    searchapp.exe can use more memory resources than Defender and Edge? How can I remove...: Hi, I have previously been able to suspend and disable Windows Search searchapp.exe so it uses 0 system resources on my machine. It appears after recent updates the way I stopped this process no longer works and other ways I searched online have not worked in stopping...
  5. searchapp.exe can use more memory resources than Defender and Edge? How can I remove...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    searchapp.exe can use more memory resources than Defender and Edge? How can I remove...: Hi, I have previously been able to suspend and disable Windows Search searchapp.exe so it uses 0 system resources on my machine. It appears after recent updates the way I stopped this process no longer works and other ways I searched online have not worked in stopping...
  6. searchapp.exe can use more memory resources than Defender and Edge? How can I remove...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can I use a Windows 10 key more than once?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use a Windows 10 key more than once?: If I want to reinstall my Windows 10 Pro, do I have to buy Windows again or can I use the previous key? Kann ich einen Windows 10 Key mehrmals verwenden?
  8. How to change the Highlight color automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the Highlight color automatically: When I personalize my computer I always make the color change automatically. I find it disturbing when I highlight something, it's just the classic (eww) blue. DISCLAIMER: I DON'T ACTUALLY HATE BLUE. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME submitted by /u/KGFortyFive [link] [comments]...
  9. How do I highlight more than one file at a time?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I highlight more than one file at a time?: I used to click on the first file, hold down the shift key, then highlight the last file in a series which would then highlight all the files in between. doesn't seem to work like that anymore and I'm just now finding out. I'm looking at a list view and like to know how to...
  10. Highlight more than one pic. or file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Highlight more than one pic. or file: Before, as in week before last I was able, to have a small box at the top left corner of pictures, or files so could check more than one to move or copy, now I have to hold down the ctrl. button & it is a pain. I do use the ctrl lots of times, but it makes it easier if I had...