Windows 10: How can I use more of the microsoft voices to SAPI?

Discus and support How can I use more of the microsoft voices to SAPI? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using a program that utilizes the Microsoft Speech API but it only lists David, Haruka, Hazel and Zira. But there are a lot more microsoft voices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by occasum, Apr 3, 2019.

1. occasum Win User

How can I use more of the microsoft voices to SAPI?

I am using a program that utilizes the Microsoft Speech API but it only lists David, Haruka, Hazel and Zira. But there are a lot more microsoft voices installed that are listed in the TTS settings (George, Ayumi, Ichiro, etc). Is there a way to use them with the SAPI?

:)

occasum, Apr 3, 2019
  2. jpkitchu Win User

SAPI VOICE - Registry settings to distinguish supported voices

Hi,

I'm working on a Text-to-Speech messaging application with SAPI Voice version 5.3 plus installed in my computer. I have installed some old voices such as Microsoft Mary and Mike. My app allows me to select a voice from the list of voice available on the
    system. When I send a message, I hear the selected voices on the radios. But when I select unsupported voices, it does nothing. So, I'm thinking of hiding the voices which are not supported by current SAPI version.

Is there a way I can get some parameter from the Registry settings to distinguish the voice supported or not supported by SAPI version?

Please let me know your thoughts,

Thanks!

jpkitchu, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Microsoft® SAPI 5.1 voice technology in Windows 10 ????

Hi,

I use the add-on for my Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (only "game" with i like it) and use the Microsoft® SAPI 5.1 voice technology. The win10 has this app inside (SAPI 5.1)? My add-on returns error (need five or more voices) to run... (works fine in
    XP - WinXP compatibility mode d oesn´t work in this case). Can i install the Microsoft® SAPI 5.1 voice technology in Windows 10? Other question... in Hyper-V mode (XP) the register of Windows 10 and the Hyper-V are the same... if i use the Hyper-V to run
    an app and licensead it in the register (?) the same program run in Windows 10 appear "licensead". If not, the program run in Hyper-V "comunicate" with other run Win10 at same time.

Thanks

Martin.

Tin Master, Apr 3, 2019
  4. vb199 Win User

Microsoft® SAPI 5.1 voice technology in Windows 10 ????

Hi Martin,

I, too, am having a serious problem with this. I had downloaded and used SAPI on my laptop for Windows 7 with no problem. Windows 10, however is a nightmare. Windows 10, I found, is not compatible with SAPI 5.1 or any other version. I spoke directly to Microsoft
    on the issue. Looks like they dropped the ball, big time, on this one. If anything comes up in the near future, I'll post it. Good luck. Don

vb199, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I use more of the microsoft voices to SAPI? - Similar Threads - more microsoft voices

2. How can I convert this from a male voice to female voice?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I convert this from a male voice to female voice?: I've made this script to say Welcome to Windows 11 everytime I start my PC. But it's a male voice. How can I convert it to a female voice?...
  3. How can I convert this from a male voice to female voice?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I convert this from a male voice to female voice?: I've made this script to say Welcome to Windows 11 everytime I start my PC. But it's a male voice. How can I convert it to a female voice?...
  4. How can I use Cortana voice in Text To Speech ?

in Cortana
    How can I use Cortana voice in Text To Speech ?: Hi, I 'm using Windows 10 Home. I want to use Cortana voice in a Text To Speech software called Balabolka.I have Cortana installed in my Windows.In Balabolka I only see two Microsoft voices: Microsoft Zira and Microsoft David. Cortana voice should be there, but I don't see...
  5. How to use Voice Typing in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Voice Typing in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: Voice Typing and Speech Recognition is one of the hottest topics. Companies such as Google, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon are trying to make their Speech Recognition algorithm as accurate as possible. In this article, we are going to learn how to use Voice Typing in Microsoft...
  6. how do i use voice search for browsing

in Cortana
    how do i use voice search for browsing: how do i use voice search? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-voice-search-for-browsing/a4db1a3e-0aa2-4c23-87c9-dc2b51df9b09
  7. Can I use SAPI 5.1 David+Zira Voices for commercial purposes such as distributing audiobook...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use SAPI 5.1 David+Zira Voices for commercial purposes such as distributing audiobook...: Can I use SAPI 5.1 David+Zira Voices for commercial purposes such as distributing audio book WAV files with my own mix of unique words? I have use SAPI 5.1 to create political document audio books in WAV format The U.S. Constitution, The Bill Of Rights, and word focused...
  8. Microsoft Sam/Mary/Mike, old Microsoft SAPIs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sam/Mary/Mike, old Microsoft SAPIs: I have a question about the old Microsoft TTS voices; Sam, Mary and Mike. Since they are so old now and I can't find any information about them on official Microsoft sites, are their outputs allowed to be sampled inside of programs (example: UTAU, a voice synthesizer) and...
  9. Can I use voice search in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I use voice search in Windows 10?: Can I use the voice search in Windows 10? I have used a voice search only in Google before. Is there a similar option in Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-voice-search-in-windows-10/765f3f5c-ada0-4e4f-b205-81bd64c9b443
  10. Do more with your voice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do more with your voice: Hello, I didn't use my laptop for more than a month and now when I turned it on the update appeared. Okay, I updated it and after update all my desktop was zoomed in, icons very big ect. So I restarted it and when I logged in to my user, this screen appeared and I don't know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft ayumi ichiro file

2. windows sapi 5 voice fails to install

3. Hazel David Zira in Speech Properties

4. sapi 5.1 voices,
  5. how to install sapi 5.1 on windows 10,
  6. cant use some voices with sapi