Windows 10: How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?

Discus and support How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The microphone on my headset is not working. I want to use the mic that is built directly into my laptop, but when my headphones are plugged in, the pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by owenlutwyche, Jul 7, 2020.

1. How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?

The microphone on my headset is not working. I want to use the mic that is built directly into my laptop, but when my headphones are plugged in, the pc can only use the mic on them. what's worse is that "realtek HD audio" refers to both my computer's sound system and any plugged-in audio devices so I can't just choose between pc and headphones in my settings. Is there any way I can make my computer use its built-in microphone instead of the nonfunctional one on my plugged-in headphones?

:)

owenlutwyche, Jul 7, 2020

2. How do I determine if my laptop has a built in microphone?

How do I determine if my laptop has a built in microphone?

JoanMillett, Jul 7, 2020
  3. SupaCrow Win User
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones? [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Alicia J Win User

How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?

Recommendation for video recorder app for my laptop

I was wondering about using VLC. I appreciate the link to the how to. I will be using the webcam and microphone built in to my Acer Laptop. I assume I can find there names them listed in settings?

Thank you all for your replies.

Alicia J, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?

1. How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones? - Similar Threads - laptop's built microphone

2. how can i fix whatever is wrong with the built in microphone on my hp laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i fix whatever is wrong with the built in microphone on my hp laptop?: when trying to video visit someone they cannot hear me because the microphone thats built in isnt working. I have windows 11 Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎21/‎2022 OS build 22621.1344 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0 i...
  3. how can i fix whatever is wrong with the built in microphone on my hp laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i fix whatever is wrong with the built in microphone on my hp laptop?: when trying to video visit someone they cannot hear me because the microphone thats built in isnt working. I have windows 11 Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎21/‎2022 OS build 22621.1344 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0 i...
  4. My laptop built-in microphone not working, after i disconnected my bleutooth headphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop built-in microphone not working, after i disconnected my bleutooth headphone: This is not first time, last time it fixed aloneno idea how-. This time it just doesn't work. Before i connected my bleutooth headphone was all good. So at least i can use headphone's microphonehands free AG audio but whatever i do, my laptop built-in microphone doesn't...
  5. Can I use my headphone and built-in mic without a splitter?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use my headphone and built-in mic without a splitter?: Hey guys! I recently got a PowerA Pikachu headset which comes with a mic but the cord didn’t come with a splitter. I’d rather avoid buying one but I’d really like to use the mic with the headset. Is there a way I can use the attached mic without a splitter? submitted by...
  6. My laptop won't use the microphone in my Apple headphones.

My laptop won't use the microphone in my Apple headphones.: I have a pair of Apple Earbuds headphones with a microphone and a 3.5mm jack and an MSI GT75 Titan. When I plug the headphones into the "headphone" jack, I can hear sound through them instead of the onboard speakers, but when I plug them into the microphone jack, my laptop...
  7. headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer: So im having this problem with my pc. So one day i woke up and my pc was being kinda slow so i restarted it and then i couldn't talk to my friends. i do use the built in mic in my laptop to talk and dont use my headphones. this has been happening since about the middle of...
  8. How do I determine if my laptop has a built in microphone?

How do I determine if my laptop has a built in microphone?: How do I determine if my laptop has a built in microphone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-determine-if-my-laptop-has-a-built-in/86bf89d5-b510-4f15-bed1-705461da6c1b
  9. My laptop keeps using my headphone as a microphone audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop keeps using my headphone as a microphone audio: I used to get a pop-up on my laptop if I wanted to change my headphones to an installed microphone or headphones every time I plug it into the computer. I don't seem to get the pop-up anymore, and it's really hard when you only have a singular plug-port instead of multiple....
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...