Windows 10: How can I use my other memory disk?

Discus and support How can I use my other memory disk? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my PC has 2 memory disks, one with 230 gigs and one with 900+. I've been using the 230 gigabyte one for a while now but it's nearly full and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by beanman94, May 17, 2021.

1. beanman94 Win User

How can I use my other memory disk?

So my PC has 2 memory disks, one with 230 gigs and one with 900+. I've been using the 230 gigabyte one for a while now but it's nearly full and I have another drive with 900 gigabytes sitting unused. How can I "move" my computer to that drive?

:)

beanman94, May 17, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 17, 2021
  3. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 17, 2021
  4. How can I use my other memory disk?

Disk or memory space

Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. You may check which particular program is using the memory. Refer to these steps:

a) Press Windows key + X, select task manager.

b) Click on the ‘processes’ tab and it will show you show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage and disk usage.

c) Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.

One of the methods to solve the problem is to increase the virtual memory. Make it equivalent to your RAM size for the initial size and twice of the initial size in maximum size and make sure you have the same amount of free space in your hard drive in each
    drive.

If the issue persists you can place the computer in a
    Clean Boot
    and check.

PeterPeng3, May 17, 2021
Thema:

How can I use my other memory disk?

1. How can I use my other memory disk? - Similar Threads - memory disk

2. Antimalware Service Executable eating memory and disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable eating memory and disk: upgraded from windows 10 to 11 on Dell 3670 and having memory and disk issues. was better for a little while but getting worse. any direction appreciated. thanks, bob...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable eating memory and disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable eating memory and disk: upgraded from windows 10 to 11 on Dell 3670 and having memory and disk issues. was better for a little while but getting worse. any direction appreciated. thanks, bob...
  4. Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...

Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...: I have noticed for several days that memory usage on a Windows 11 laptop I have been setting up has been creeping higher first noticed at 80% or so, but task manager isn't showing any processes even under detailed using much memory.It's up to 99% used now, and disk thrashing...
  5. Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dell Latitude with 16GB RAM says 99% memory used, disk thrashing, task manager...: I have noticed for several days that memory usage on a Windows 11 laptop I have been setting up has been creeping higher first noticed at 80% or so, but task manager isn't showing any processes even under detailed using much memory.It's up to 99% used now, and disk thrashing...
  6. word app keep freeze and after getting "insufficient memory or disk space word cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word app keep freeze and after getting "insufficient memory or disk space word cannot...: Hi Community,we are getting "insufficient memory or disk space word cannot display font" notification daily and after that word get freeze and we will need to restore the date and restart the computer after.anyone could provide a real explanation and real solution about what...
  7. word app keep freeze and after getting "insufficient memory or disk space word cannot...

word app keep freeze and after getting "insufficient memory or disk space word cannot...: Hi Community,we are getting "insufficient memory or disk space word cannot display font" notification daily and after that word get freeze and we will need to restore the date and restart the computer after.anyone could provide a real explanation and real solution about what...
  8. Windows Update high CPU, Disk, Memory usage

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update high CPU, Disk, Memory usage: [IMG]If the Task Manager indicates that your Windows Update process is consuming a high CPU, Disk, Memory or Power on Windows 11/10, then this post will be able to help you address the issue. This can happen if the Windows Update cache or its components have been corrupted....
  9. BSOD memory management. Laptop doesn't get past disk repair.

BSOD memory management. Laptop doesn't get past disk repair.: My computer crashed and I am getting stop error memory management. When it goes into disk repair it stops and goes back onto the blue screen with the memory management error. I can't boot past this and I've tried to get into recovery mode by powering down 3 times as soon as I...
  10. BSOD memory management. Laptop doesn't get past disk repair.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD memory management. Laptop doesn't get past disk repair.: My computer crashed and I am getting stop error memory management. When it goes into disk repair it stops and goes back onto the blue screen with the memory management error. I can't boot past this and I've tried to get into recovery mode by powering down 3 times as soon as I...