Windows 10: How can I use my W10 license bounded to an SSD but with a different SSD?

Discus and support How can I use my W10 license bounded to an SSD but with a different SSD? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey community!I recently bought an Intel NUC and it came with a SATA SSD, RAM-modules and sticker with what seems to be a Windows 10 license. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Displayname64bits, Aug 10, 2021.

1. How can I use my W10 license bounded to an SSD but with a different SSD?

Hey community!I recently bought an Intel NUC and it came with a SATA SSD, RAM-modules and sticker with what seems to be a Windows 10 license. I installed instead my formatted M.2 SSD and my old RAM-modules and did a fresh install of W10. When it came the activation moment I could not activate my Windows with this license as it said it is too short too less characters.The yellow sticker looks like this:Windows 10 IoT Ent2019 LTSC High EndXXXXX-XXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXHow can I make use of this license with my old hardware SSD and RAM modules? I wrote to Intel but they said that the license must

:)

Displayname64bits, Aug 10, 2021

2. reinstalling w10 onto ssd?

laptop comes with 2 drives

it looks like this:

imgur.com

disk 1= hdd

disk 0 = sdd

question #1: what's on the ssd? is there anything needed for w10 on the ssd right now?

is there anything needed for w10 on the ssd right now? are we able to reinstall with clean install on ssd, and the w10 on the hdd would still work?

w10 installed digitally i guess? is activated

did the windows updates

problem: the 'cloning' softwares does not let me 'clone' the hdd to the sdd

question #2: why? what is the problem?

dunno which is faster, to do clean install on ssd and do updates again, or just clone

question #3: has anyone done this kind of thing recently? which is faster?

question #4: are there any good articles or youtubes that tells us what we're suppose to do?

the general sites just says one option is to use the cloning software, but they dont tell explain to us what we're suppose to do

another option seems to be 'system image' but that seems extremely complicated with so many steps

laptophelpthx, Aug 10, 2021
  3. reinstalling w10 onto ssd?

why not just put all in the ssd, isnt that simplier?

what's on the ssd? is there anything needed for w10 on the ssd right now?

are we able to reinstall on it, and the w10 on the hdd would still work?

' having it one place means'

well i looked at it again and it's not in steps and it's not concise

when was it last updated significantly?

i bet this hasn't been updated significantly or made better in any way for a very long time

one of the most important things right now is why w10 did this?

does it always do this?

does it always happen on laptops with 2 drives? as asked in the reply

alot of the other questions asked in the reply are also not answered, so hopefully someone out there knows

laptophelpthx, Aug 10, 2021
  4. joke4me Win User

How can I use my W10 license bounded to an SSD but with a different SSD?

Need to upgrade SSD to a larger SSD, how to move license over?

I have purchased an OEM laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed. The laptop packaging box or label on the back of the laptop did not have a Window 10 product key listed anywhere. However I've found the product key from command line like so which gives me a
    25 digit key

I also used the following command to verify my Window 10 is indeed an OEM license and that it's genuine which gives me something like this https://filestore.community.support...54e99-2fc8-4e0f-a015-77c41424c2f2?upload=true

This laptop comes with a 256GB SSD and I need to upgrade it to a larger SSD, maybe 500GB or 1TB SSD. However I'm not clear about how the license is tied to this laptop and what happens if I upgrade to a new SSD?

1. I prefer to perform a fresh re-install from a bootable USB rather than clone. Will a clean re-install work with the same product key on the new SSD or do I have to clone the old SSD to the new SSD to retain the license?
    2. Is the license tied to some sort of machine ID and not the SSD that even after changing the SSD, the same product key can still be used to activate Windows 10?
    3. What if the activation does not work, will Microsoft be able to help? I don't want to risk changing the SSD if this sort of thing is not officially allowed by Microsoft

joke4me, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

How can I use my W10 license bounded to an SSD but with a different SSD?

1. How can I use my W10 license bounded to an SSD but with a different SSD? - Similar Threads - W10 license bounded

2. Can I use SSD with OEM license of windows in new pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use SSD with OEM license of windows in new pc?: I have a laptop with an OEM license of windows and I plan on getting a new pc soon. I understand that OEM licenses are not transferable between pcs but if I take the SSD with that copy of windows and install it into the new pc will I be able to boot into windows on that SSD...
  3. Can I use SSD with OEM license of windows in new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use SSD with OEM license of windows in new pc?: I have a laptop with an OEM license of windows and I plan on getting a new pc soon. I understand that OEM licenses are not transferable between pcs but if I take the SSD with that copy of windows and install it into the new pc will I be able to boot into windows on that SSD...
  4. Can I use SSD with OEM license of windows in new pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Migrate W10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrate W10 to SSD: Dear Sir/MadamHelloCurrently I have two HDD Drives W10 installed on one of them , the second one System image stored on it,Soon I will get another two SSD Drives "SATA or M2" , The question is how to connect both SSD Drives and HDD drives so I can restore system image to a...
  6. how can i use the rest of my ssd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i use the rest of my ssd?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Big_Potat0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j49q6n/how_can_i_use_the_rest_of_my_ssd/
  7. BSOD srttrail.txt, no fix, installed W10 on different SSD, how to fix it on original SSD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD srttrail.txt, no fix, installed W10 on different SSD, how to fix it on original SSD?: Hey guys, Two days ago I encountered BSOD srttrail.txt. I tried to fix it in many different ways, tried everything described here: https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/fix-srttrail-txt-bsod-error-win10/ no luck. I tried to repair system from bootable pendrive with W10,...
  8. Clean SSD: How can my Windows License be active?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean SSD: How can my Windows License be active?: 1. I have a clean SSD 2. I install a new Windows without entering any serial code or logging in on any account 3. Windows Starts 4. Activation says: 'Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account' How is this possible? Is Windows activation...
  9. SSD Compatibility - can I use this type of SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Compatibility - can I use this type of SSD?: Hi I was hoping to purchase a Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA 1TB SSD for my Laptop alongside the current HDD however, I was just wanting to confirm whether the SSD is in fact compatible. I am 99% sure that it is I just want to make sure prior to buying it. Images of the M.2 slot...
  10. How can I clone my small ssd to a larger ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I clone my small ssd to a larger ssd?: I know that the answer is in tenforums somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm buying a 500GB SSD to replace my 120GB ssd and need to know how to clone the smaller ssd to the larger one. Is there a tutorial here? Thanks. 82865