Windows 10: How can I use the local group policy in windows 10 to map a network drive persistently

Discus and support How can I use the local group policy in windows 10 to map a network drive persistently in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, we are testing on few machines on how to map network drives using local group policy. So the question is: How do I use the local group... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anoop Kakumanu, Apr 9, 2020.

1. How can I use the local group policy in windows 10 to map a network drive persistently

Hi all,

we are testing on few machines on how to map network drives using local group policy.

So the question is: How do I use the local group policy to achieve the below.

A shared network drive has to be mapped once the users logged in using their Windows login credentials. The mapped drive should be persistent.

Please advise.

:)

Anoop Kakumanu, Apr 9, 2020

2. Windows Defender Group Policy Disabeled

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated you want to disable the group policy so that you can run windows defender on the computer.

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Disable group policy from gpedit.msc

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type gpedit.msc and click Ok.(it will open Local Group policy editor)

• Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender.

• In the right pane of
      Windows Defender
      in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off Windows Defender
      policy to edit it.

• Select (dot) Not Configured or
      Disabled, click/tap on OK,

• When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.
    If the issue still persist you can follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable group policy from registry.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

• Press Window Key +R.

• Type regedit and click. (it will open registry)

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

• Right Click on Window Defender to create a new Dword.

• Click on New and Select Dword.

• Type DisableAntiSpyware.

• Right click on DisableAntiSpyware and click on modify.

• Set the value to 0 instead of 1.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Morris Subba, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User
    Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-version-1809

Compumind, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How can I use the local group policy in windows 10 to map a network drive persistently

Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-version-1809

Brink, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

How can I use the local group policy in windows 10 to map a network drive persistently

1. How can I use the local group policy in windows 10 to map a network drive persistently - Similar Threads - local group policy

2. Mapping a network drive using a local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive using a local network: Hi. I would like to map my network drive to my desktop from my laptop. I am using a wireless extender how can I map my network drive using my local network?...
  3. Local group policies

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local group policies: Hello, I have issue with windows 10 home basic. There is no options for Administrative Templates inLocal Group Policies. Please resolve this issue...[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policies/bdbb2977-adf0-4aed-a08d-4dd5601fffac
  4. How to map a Drive using Group Policy Preferences on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to map a Drive using Group Policy Preferences on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Mapping network drives using Group Policy preferences is flexible, provides easy control over who receives the drive mappings, and has easy-to-use user interfaces, all of […] This article How to map a Drive using Group Policy Preferences on Windows 10 first appeared...
  5. Windows 10 - Local Group Policy (PowerShell)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Local Group Policy (PowerShell): I been looking online and I cant find much on how to automate local group policies for a stand-alone workstation. Not connected to a domain controller or active directory. I wanted to use powershell to do this. Anyone got an idea or point me in the right direction to...
  6. local group policy

local group policy: I have windows 10 home edition 1903 and I need to edited the local group policy but I can't seem to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy/c696e164-1135-4b8b-b687-38f4b18d1f6f
  7. Deploy Printer on network using local group policy (Windows 10 Pro Laptop)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deploy Printer on network using local group policy (Windows 10 Pro Laptop): I am trying to deploy a printer that is connected to my laptop via USB. I am trying to use local group policy to accomplish this. I have done the following in the admin account: 1) Connected the printer Cannon MG3500 to my laptop and installed the drivers. 2) Shared this...
  8. Group Policy, Local Policy Used to Limit Access WIN 10 Home

Group Policy, Local Policy Used to Limit Access WIN 10 Home: I am just wondering how GP, LP, and RDP/RDC are being used to limit my access and install, configure and manage my system resources when I only have Windows 10 Home which should not contain those capabilities. I certainly do not have access to gpedit, or LP, and no matter...
  9. how to get to local group policy editor in Windows 10?

how to get to local group policy editor in Windows 10?: How to get to local group policy editor in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-get-to-local-group-policy-editor-in-windows/244af81c-7a16-4bdf-93aa-bf91a1065cb4
  10. Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) Policies in local group policy ?

Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) Policies in local group policy ?: Dear forum readers, I know it's possible to configure Wireless settings by policy. However it seems absent from the local group policy, which is where I would like to put it. How can I do ? Maybe it would work if I copy the corresponding "Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11)...