Windows 10: How can I use the Microsoft Authenticator service to get a second authentication factor...

Discus and support How can I use the Microsoft Authenticator service to get a second authentication factor... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to use Microsoft Authenticator to access sites that require the second authentication factor (TOTP – time-based One-time Password). I see that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Enzo Contini, Jan 6, 2019.

1. How can I use the Microsoft Authenticator service to get a second authentication factor...

I want to use Microsoft Authenticator to access sites that require the second authentication factor (TOTP – time-based One-time Password). I see that there is an app that it is only available for smartphones.

How can I have that Microsoft Authentication service from a PC/tablet possibility as a desktop application or a web site? I cannot believe that to generate such a code, that changes over time, you should necessarily use a smartphone!

years ago time (2-3 years ago), if I remember well, I used Microsoft authenticator from a PC.

Can someone give me some suggestion?

Thank you.

:)

Enzo Contini, Jan 6, 2019

2. Microsoft Account set to use 2 Factor Authentication & Authentication Phone App but it doesn't prompt for authentication when signing in to my Windows 10 PC locally or remotely (via RDP).

OK I created a 2nd Microsoft account and setup the Authentication App on an old phone I had lying around for 2-factor authentication.

Step 1

I logged into this website with that account and it prompted me with the Authentication App so 2 factor is setup correctly on the NEW Microsoft Account.

Step 2

I logged in on my Windows 10 PC with that NEW account and it also DOES NOT PROMPT for 2-Factor Authentication.

I tried to log in via RDP and, again, it DOES NOT PROMPT for 2-Factor.

My question remains unanswered.

TylerMason, Jan 6, 2019
  3. XTL
    xTL Win User
    How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

Hello artmanphoto, are you using the built in remote software that comes with windows 10 ?
    I too use remote software, so can i suggest you change to one of the following.
    Because the remote software that comes with windows is very insecure.

Teamviewer
    To use 2 step authenticator with teamviewer go here

Splashtop
    To use 2 step authenticator with splashtop go here

Radmin
    Does not have 2 step authentication as far as i know.
    But it does have IP Filter, very high security.

All 3 have very high security,
    Splashtop & teamviewer both have so you can add two factor authentication with google authenticatior.
    Personally i prefer radmin How can I use the Microsoft Authenticator service to get a second authentication factor... :)

4. How can I use the Microsoft Authenticator service to get a second authentication factor...

Two factor authentication for Windows 10

Hi Pascal,

I understand that you want to know how to enable two-factor authentication for the Windows 10 sign in.

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    About two-step verification and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

How can I use the Microsoft Authenticator service to get a second authentication factor...

1. How can I use the Microsoft Authenticator service to get a second authentication factor... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Authenticator service

2. how to authenticate Microsoft services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to authenticate Microsoft services: how to authenticate Microsoft services https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-authenticate-microsoft-services/5c9fa3c3-8c37-4207-a6fc-bbdc577b85d9
  3. how to authenticate Microsoft services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to authenticate Microsoft services: how to authenticate Microsoft services https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-authenticate-microsoft-services/5c9fa3c3-8c37-4207-a6fc-bbdc577b85d9
  4. Two Factor Authentication Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Factor Authentication Issue: Two Factor Authentication has been forced upon all users who aren't already using it. I have a user that doesn't have a phone, therefore cannot use the authenticator app, and it doesn't even give the option to use a phone number. This user cannot get onto the system and this...
  5. Two Factor Authentication Issue

Two Factor Authentication Issue: Two Factor Authentication has been forced upon all users who aren't already using it. I have a user that doesn't have a phone, therefore cannot use the authenticator app, and it doesn't even give the option to use a phone number. This user cannot get onto the system and this...
  6. Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...

Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...: So first of all... Why is "microsoft Authenticator" not an option in the "Products" dropdown when choosing where this post should go? I'm just going to choose "Windows"... Sorry not sorry.Also, I can't take a screenshot on the microsoft Authenticator app without it capturing...
  7. Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...: So first of all... Why is "microsoft Authenticator" not an option in the "Products" dropdown when choosing where this post should go? I'm just going to choose "Windows"... Sorry not sorry.Also, I can't take a screenshot on the microsoft Authenticator app without it capturing...
  8. How to download Microsoft multi factor authentication on a laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to download Microsoft multi factor authentication on a laptop?: How to download Microsoft multi factor authentication on a laptop? My computer is windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-microsoft-multi-factor/7ffc3867-7858-4f4a-ba01-8867cbc59b9b
  9. 2 factor authentication

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 factor authentication: ik there is 2 factor authentication for everytime u log in ur microsoft acc but is there 2 factor authentication for everytime u log on ur pc? and if so how submitted by /u/RektMonster [link] [comments]...
  10. Microsoft Authenticator service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Authenticator service: Can I use the Microsoft Authenticator service to get a second authentication factor from a PC or tablet as a desktop application or a web site? I found out that there is an app that works with smartphones. I mean TOTP – time-based One-time Password. Can you help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i incorporate microsoft authenticator into my software