Windows 10: how can i use the rest of my ssd?

Discus and support how can i use the rest of my ssd? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Big_Potat0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j49q6n/how_can_i_use_the_rest_of_my_ssd/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Big_Potat0, Oct 3, 2020.

1. how can i use the rest of my ssd?

/u/Big_Potat0, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

help to choose power supply

It all depends on the rest of your systems. List system specs, although eidairaman's suggestion will work too.

Frick, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile how can i use the rest of my ssd? :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 3, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

how can i use the rest of my ssd?

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

how can i use the rest of my ssd?

1. how can i use the rest of my ssd? - Similar Threads - rest ssd

2. My computer shut down after just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer shut down after just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off...: My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings?* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-shut-down-after-just-a-few-minutes-at/e5274fd4-f541-49f1-94bb-cc5295c35854
  3. My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings?: My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-shut-down-just-a-few-minutes-at-rest/e5274fd4-f541-49f1-94bb-cc5295c35854
  4. My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings?: My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-shut-down-just-a-few-minutes-at-rest/e5274fd4-f541-49f1-94bb-cc5295c35854
  5. My system keeps resetting my second SSD drive, making it unable to read/write for the rest...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My system keeps resetting my second SSD drive, making it unable to read/write for the rest...: Hello community, I am Zuke and I have an issue I need help with.I have a 2TB SSD as a bulk drive for applications, and when it is under stress I noticed it takes an absurdly long time to read assets during certain times, and everything regarding reading information on the...
  6. Hello, i can't use the rest of the space on MY SSD's, any help would be appreciated!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello, i can't use the rest of the space on MY SSD's, any help would be appreciated!: Here's a screenshot if that helps[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-cant-use-the-rest-of-the-space-on-my-ssds/4cdb69a7-d3f7-4b47-86a6-96a034ae9913
  7. I want to move this 50MB System Reserved Volume to Disk 0 (from HDD to SSD where is rest of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to move this 50MB System Reserved Volume to Disk 0 (from HDD to SSD where is rest of...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VaiiVaii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k51j74/i_want_to_move_this_50mb_system_reserved_volume/
  8. Unable to access the rest of my SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access the rest of my SSD: Hi, So recently I cloned my 120gb SSD to my new M.2 1TB SSD. But after I finished cloning, my entire M.2 SSD has basically been allocated to a Recovery Partition and I can't access it from my library. Here are some screenshots to show you the problem I have come across. I...
  9. I have a 512 GB SSD, but I can only access 471 GB. Where's the rest?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a 512 GB SSD, but I can only access 471 GB. Where's the rest?: My partitions add up to 471 gigabytes. I assume my computer is showing me the disk capacity in GiB and not GB, which makes the actual storage only 500 GiB. Still, where's the missing 29 GB? submitted by /u/____kevin [link] [comments]...
  10. What happens if I rest my computer after I moved the OS via cable to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happens if I rest my computer after I moved the OS via cable to SSD: A while back I transferred my OS from my HDD to a SSD. Now I'm planning to sell the laptop, but I want to rest it first and take out the SSD and transfer the OS to the HDD. so I can put the SSD in my new laptop and transfer the OS to it , so what I would really appreciate if...