Windows 10: How can I use the Snipping Tool to capture a menu that is dropped down?

Discus and support How can I use the Snipping Tool to capture a menu that is dropped down? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I click on "New" in the Snipping Tool, it makes the dropped down menu disappear. Is there a way to do this? Sorry that I chose "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LaurelS., Jul 23, 2020.

1. LaurelS. Win User

How can I use the Snipping Tool to capture a menu that is dropped down?

If I click on "New" in the Snipping Tool, it makes the dropped down menu disappear. Is there a way to do this?

Sorry that I chose "Windows Settings," but I couldn't find a category for Accessories or whatever.

tia

las

:)

LaurelS., Jul 23, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Screen Capture software

Hi,

Upon checking on your concern, we have found a suggestion that may help you take a screenshot of the dropdown menu using the Snipping tool. Please follow the steps below:

• Launch Snipping tool.
    • Right-click the menu you wish to take a screenshot.
    • Press CTRL + Fn+ Print Scrn.
    • Once you've already taken the print screen of the menu, you may try using the snipping tool and check if it will be able to capture the drop down menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jul 31, 2020
  3. LaurelS. Win User

If I click on "New" in the Snipping Tool, it makes the dropped down menu disappear. Is there a way to do this?

Sorry that I chose "Windows Settings," but I couldn't find a category for Accessories or whatever.

tia

las

LaurelS., Jul 31, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

source: Windows Snipping Tool

Works for start screen in windows 8 too!

Cliff S, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I use the Snipping Tool to capture a menu that is dropped down? - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool capture

2. Snipping Tool - Drop Down Menu not working/showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool - Drop Down Menu not working/showing up: Whenever launching the Snipping Tool, I cannot access the Settings page since the drop down menu won't show up after clicking it. Also there are two drop down menu buttons in the program, which seems like a bug on my end. I've been wanting to access the menu to turn off the...
  3. Snipping Tool - Drop Down Menu not working/showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool - Drop Down Menu not working/showing up: Whenever launching the Snipping Tool, I cannot access the Settings page since the drop down menu won't show up after clicking it. Also there are two drop down menu buttons in the program, which seems like a bug on my end. I've been wanting to access the menu to turn off the...
  4. How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?: Hi,I used to be able to press the PrtSc key and would automatically get a full-screen capture saved to clipboard. On other computers pressing PrtSc led to a sort of menu popping up, allowing for the capture of part or all of the screen. After making a selection, it would...
  5. How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?

How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?: Hi,I used to be able to press the PrtSc key and would automatically get a full-screen capture saved to clipboard. On other computers pressing PrtSc led to a sort of menu popping up, allowing for the capture of part or all of the screen. After making a selection, it would...
  6. Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots: Can use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots with scrolling area or not ? Can it support this feature ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots/b1b57557-d01c-41c4-ac3e-fc66ea058acb
  7. Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots

Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots: Can use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots with scrolling area or not ? Can it support this feature ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots/b1b57557-d01c-41c4-ac3e-fc66ea058acb
  8. Snipping tool won't capture full screen

Snipping tool won't capture full screen: I'm using Windows 10, every time I want to use the snipping tool, I press Ctrl+Alt+A but the Snipping Tool can't capture the whole screen , the bottom and the right of the screen missing . It's annoying because Snipping Tool is the fastest way for me to capture something ....
  9. How can i keep snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i keep snipping tool?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/devicemodder2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e5afld/how_can_i_keep_snipping_tool/
  10. Snipping tools captured color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snipping tools captured color: Hi, Need help. When using snipping tools, the captured image color is warm color. Snipping tools did not captured the original color. It happened only today, yesterday it works fine. It captured the original color of the screen. I did not install any software...