Windows 10: How can I use two separate Internet setups on one PC (example: Connect both my Wired...

Discus and support How can I use two separate Internet setups on one PC (example: Connect both my Wired... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried using method one on this WikiHow article https://www.wikihow.com/Combine-Two-Internet-Connections Important info: I have satellite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CookieJames, Oct 6, 2018.

1. How can I use two separate Internet setups on one PC (example: Connect both my Wired...

I tried using method one on this WikiHow article https://www.wikihow.com/Combine-Two-Internet-Connections

Important info:

I have satellite Broadband, two to be more specific and one of them is connected directly from the satellite to my PC, and the other is connected from the satellite to a router and used as Wifi for the house.

This is my normal internet speed with the direct to satellite connection.

And after I tried the WikiHow method Combine-Two-Internet-Connections page linked above I only get the speed of the wifi connection alone, so it wont combine.

And now both of these are connected and bottom right of windows shows the ethernet connection first it for some reason only uses the wifi connection so to use the wired connection I have to disconnect from the wifi.

Other Info:

I have a tp link internal wireless adapter to connect to the wifi.

The wired connection is simply connected from the satellite to my ethernet port on my motherboard.

(The wiki how page does say in method one that the method uses two wifi connections but I can't see how wired and wireless cant work.

The Internet in Rural Ireland sucks

Please help and I apologize for the length of this post, thanks for reading.

:)

CookieJames, Oct 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 and internet connection

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Since you are able to connect to the internet wirelessly it is just the wires connection which has issues.

It could be either wire which has problems or Ethernet port.

Before you change either of these I suggest you to try the following steps:

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a. In search Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Select “Internet Connections” from the list and follow On-screen instructions.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Lost internet connection after connecting TV and PC

Hi Sam,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you using wired or wireless connection?
    I suggest you to run network troubleshooter and check if it helps. It is an automated tool which can find and automatically fix some common networking problems. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

• In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.

• Under Network and Internet.

• Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Oct 6, 2018
  4. How can I use two separate Internet setups on one PC (example: Connect both my Wired...

Internet Connection

Hi George,

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Internet connections troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Internet Connections troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

How can I use two separate Internet setups on one PC (example: Connect both my Wired...

1. How can I use two separate Internet setups on one PC (example: Connect both my Wired... - Similar Threads - separate Internet setups

2. Using one Windows 11 Pro PC As Two Separate PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using one Windows 11 Pro PC As Two Separate PCs: I'm working on a multi-player game but I only have one Windows 11 PC. What I'd like to do is somehow set things up so that one computer will act as two completely different machines different IP, etc so that I can simulate two different users. I've looked into the multiple...
  3. Using one Windows 11 Pro PC As Two Separate PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using one Windows 11 Pro PC As Two Separate PCs: I'm working on a multi-player game but I only have one Windows 11 PC. What I'd like to do is somehow set things up so that one computer will act as two completely different machines different IP, etc so that I can simulate two different users. I've looked into the multiple...
  4. wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet: wired Internet connects successfully, but it can't use the Internet.WiFi is able to use the Internet.I have tried the modify ipv4 to get the relative code automatically, reboot the modem with router and reset the Internet. Unfortunately, all approaches failed....
  5. wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet: wired Internet connects successfully, but it can't use the Internet.WiFi is able to use the Internet.I have tried the modify ipv4 to get the relative code automatically, reboot the modem with router and reset the Internet. Unfortunately, all approaches failed....
  6. Is it possible to have two separate internet (wired) connections on one PC in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to have two separate internet (wired) connections on one PC in Windows 10?: I have a situation whereby I would like to use two mifi devices plugged into USB, and use one connection for YouTube , and one for everything else. I don't want to merge them, they must be kept separate. Is it possible? submitted by /u/aoc_ftw [link] [comments]...
  7. How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired: I just purchased a new computer and I need to connect it directly to my modem and not Wi-Fi. Which steps should I take to configure my network?...
  8. Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi: I've been having increasingly worse internet connectivity issues for a while now. I bought a new computer and it was fixed for about 2 years, but then it started again, exactly as before. Recently it became so bad (and no advice from the internet would work) that I bought a...
  9. how to find the internet password on my pc while using a wired connection

how to find the internet password on my pc while using a wired connection: can i find the internet password on my pc while using a wired connection i know how to do it for wifi but can seem to get it if i'm on a wired connection...
  10. How to setup a server and clients using wired connections?

How to setup a server and clients using wired connections?: Hi, can someone point me towards a good guide that will help me setup my office's wired network with one main server through which all the traffic goes while filtering everything I have blocked? Also, I have a 5 port hub, can I work with it or do I need a bigger switch?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can we use two seprate internet connection for a stable connectivity

2. how to connect two internet setups on pc to speed up network

3. use 2 seperate internet connection on a pc