Windows 10: how can I verify data loss on an external hard drive?

Discus and support how can I verify data loss on an external hard drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I accidentally removed my external usb drive without ejecting. The next time I connected the drive Windows 10 prompted a scan to fix errors. They were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by airtas, Jul 28, 2020.

1. airtas Win User

how can I verify data loss on an external hard drive?

I accidentally removed my external usb drive without ejecting.
    The next time I connected the drive Windows 10 prompted a scan to fix errors.
    They were fixed after the scan and the hard drive connects fine but this drive is loaded with pictures and music.

What exactly did Windows fix and is there a way to find out if a file was lost?

:)

airtas, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Loss of External drives

Hi,

For better assistance, kindly verify the queries below:

• What is the make and model of the external drives?
    • Have you checked if both drivers are recognized on the BIOS settings?
    • Are you connecting the external hard drives via USB?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far for this issue?
    Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Jul 29, 2020
  3. How to recover data from corrupted WD external hardisk

Hi...

I have Western Digital Passport 1 TB external Hard disk. It has got corrupted. When I connect to my Window 7 machine, my external hard disk rotates but my machine does not recognize it.I have checked External hard disk with other working cable as well but still it is not working . I have tried to recover data with Hiren boot cd ,. On hiren boot machine it is recognizing the disk. I can copy some data in form of dd format with data rescue but not able to recover data with this DD format file. I have used different softwares to recover dd file but all are giving error. Please suggest how can i recover my data.

rajmehra300, Jul 29, 2020
  4. how can I verify data loss on an external hard drive?

External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

how can I verify data loss on an external hard drive?

1. how can I verify data loss on an external hard drive? - Similar Threads - verify data loss

2. Move data to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move data to external hard drive.: Hi. My computer drive is really unorganized. I installed a lot of bloat, put things in seemingly random files, and other stuff. I decided that I wanted to use a new hard drive. I have an external 1tb hard drive that I could move all of my drive's contents into. There is one...
  3. Move data to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move data to external hard drive.: Hi. My computer drive is really unorganized. I installed a lot of bloat, put things in seemingly random files, and other stuff. I decided that I wanted to use a new hard drive. I have an external 1tb hard drive that I could move all of my drive's contents into. There is one...
  4. Move data to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  6. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  7. RAW Hard Drive Data Loss

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAW Hard Drive Data Loss: Windows 10 1909 x64 So I had mounting a Hard Drive to VMware and access the drive through VMware. One day I tried to access the data on the drive and Windows detected the drive as a Raw drive and I had know idea what do so I looked online and people suggested running chkdsk...
  8. RAW Hard Drive Data Loss

in Windows 10 Support
    RAW Hard Drive Data Loss: Windows 10 1909 x64 So I had mounting a Hard Drive to VMware and access the drive through VMware. One day I tried to access the data on the drive and Windows detected the drive as a Raw drive and I had know idea what do so I looked online and people suggested running chkdsk...
  9. How Can I Copy My Data from Laptop to External Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can I Copy My Data from Laptop to External Hard Drive?: Before I send my laptop computer to HP for repairs, I want to copy or back up my data not programs or system to my external hard drive which contains plenty of free space. When I try to copy or drag&drop the Windows\Users folder, the dialog box specifies fewer files 3500...
  10. How Can I Copy My Data from Laptop to External Hard Drive?

How Can I Copy My Data from Laptop to External Hard Drive?: Before I send my laptop computer to HP for repairs, I want to copy or back up my data not programs or system to my external hard drive which contains plenty of free space. When I try to copy or drag&drop the Windows\Users folder, the dialog box specifies fewer files 3500...