Windows 10: How can I view all folders' contents in File Explorer?

Discus and support How can I view all folders' contents in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In file explorer where I see my Documents and folders, how do I get a view in which I can see not only a folder, but the folder contents? On a Mac, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cgm707, Sep 4, 2019.

1. cgm707 Win User

How can I view all folders' contents in File Explorer?

In file explorer where I see my Documents and folders, how do I get a view in which I can see not only a folder, but the folder contents? On a Mac, I forget what they called that view, but you could click on the folder, and see the contents in the column next to that.

:)

cgm707, Sep 4, 2019

2. Viewing file folder contents

While viewing the contents of a file folder, I will scroll through them but if I stop scrolling for a few seconds, the view changes to the top of the file folder list. Is there a setting that controls/affects this?

KerryDeVore, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Sep 4, 2019
  4. How can I view all folders' contents in File Explorer?

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

How can I view all folders' contents in File Explorer?

1. How can I view all folders' contents in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - view folders' contents

2. How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images: I am trying to be able to view all files within a folder in Explorer as images so I can view all of them at once without having to click each one open....
  3. How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images: I am trying to be able to view all files within a folder in Explorer as images so I can view all of them at once without having to click each one open....
  4. How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folder view: Has there been a solution to the age old problem of the File Explorer Folder view randomly changing? 183414
  6. File Explorer How do I set view to apply to all folders and sub folders AND THEIR FILES?

File Explorer How do I set view to apply to all folders and sub folders AND THEIR FILES?: I would like to show the Comments column in the File Explorer view for all files not folders. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-how-do-i-set-view-to-apply-to-all/0e39a8e6-9f59-4066-89ab-a63f8ab51d99
  7. file contents view

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file contents view: When I open file explorer and open a file, all the icons display as if they are empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-contents-view/232cd89d-c8c1-4f4e-a8e8-9d49a8dff7e8
  8. How to view more contents when searching in file explorer?

How to view more contents when searching in file explorer?: Hi everyone, I'm new to this, so please bear with me. We run Windows 10 at work and I am having issues with search results in file explorer. Before we upgraded to Windows 10, when the search results would show up I could see the contents below the name of the document...
  9. can I view all documents in file explorer at once including files in folders

can I view all documents in file explorer at once including files in folders: If I pull up PC - Documents and to the right of the Document column I have a Details view with 4 columns: name...date modified...type...size...date created. Can I see all the files including all the files in the Documents sub-folders? And if I ask for a specific type of...
  10. File Explorer folder view

File Explorer folder view: On a working folder, my desktop File Explorer has "Add Columns" grayed out. Likewise all parent folders up to and including "Documents." If I copy that same working folder to a thumb drive, then File Explorer on the desktop reading the thumb drive WILL allow me to add...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show all sub folders in file explorer like mac finder

2. • Which view would list contents of the open folder with detailed information about the files and folders?

3. how do I see the file content while inside a folder

4. view file contents in file explorer,
  5. change windows explorer view for all folders