Windows 10: How can I view an admin password instead of resetting it?

Discus and support How can I view an admin password instead of resetting it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any bootable os I could use or is a way I could just view or see it. I don't mind if I have to pay for it. If this is not the right subreddit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Qryza, Jun 12, 2020.

1. /u/Qryza Win User

How can I view an admin password instead of resetting it?

Is there any bootable os I could use or is a way I could just view or see it. I don't mind if I have to pay for it. If this is not the right subreddit to post this one pls tell me which one to post on.

submitted by /u/Qryza
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Qryza, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I view an admin password instead of resetting it? - Similar Threads - view admin password

2. How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?: When we try to install it asks for an Admin Password that no one knows in the office for one PC. I asked Microsoft Support at 1-877-568-2495. They referred me to mircrosoftsupport.com. Person said to submit a request and someone would contact me. But it only took me to the...
  3. How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?: When we try to install it asks for an Admin Password that no one knows in the office for one PC. I asked Microsoft Support at 1-877-568-2495. They referred me to mircrosoftsupport.com. Person said to submit a request and someone would contact me. But it only took me to the...
  4. how can i reset a password on an account that belongs to an admin account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i reset a password on an account that belongs to an admin account: i made an admin account connected to my Microsoft account for business, so it makes the regular user unable to change the password on it, but i lost access to the admin account to be able to reset the password, is there any way i can reset the password without logging on to...
  5. How can I reset a local admin password if I dont know the password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I reset a local admin password if I dont know the password?: Hello, I recently started using an old laptop of mine again as I got some new parts for it. However I only have access to the one local account which does not have admin rights. I don't remember what the admin password is as it has been quite a while since I have used this...
  6. Forget the ADMIN Password and how to reset it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forget the ADMIN Password and how to reset it.: I forgot the password of ADMIN. Some process require the ADMIN password to continue. Please show me step by step instruction how to reset the ADMIN password for my desktop computer? I don't understand that why the password of a USER or the PIN of a USER are...
  7. How to reset admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to reset admin password: My father has recently passed away and since he has worked with computers his entire life while I mostly used them to play video games, when I got my PC he gave himself an account with admin permissions while he gave me a guest account since at the time I was a little kid, I...
  8. Can I Reset my password on my Admin.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I Reset my password on my Admin.: Can I reset my password on my Admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reset-my-password-on-my-admin/89ab2676-6629-4158-acff-3dc760a7e650
  9. How to view Admin Password in Windows10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to view Admin Password in Windows10: Any tricks on how to view it? 113565
  10. How to view Admin Password in Windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to view Admin Password in Windows10: Any tricks on how to view it? 113565