Windows 10: How can I view locked threads? I have no sound after a Windows 10 reinstall

Discus and support How can I view locked threads? I have no sound after a Windows 10 reinstall in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I view locked threads? I have no sound after a Windows 10 reinstall. I've followed one by a KaiMarie on 10 Oct 19 as they were having the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CraigBoxshall, Apr 6, 2020.

1. How can I view locked threads? I have no sound after a Windows 10 reinstall

How can I view locked threads? I have no sound after a Windows 10 reinstall. I've followed one by a KaiMarie on 10 Oct 19 as they were having the same problems I have, and have tried all the things she has, but I can only read so far and cannot access potential solutions.

:)

CraigBoxshall, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Reinstalled Windows 10 and speaker sound quality poor

Hello Ellie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to try the below methods:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 6, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

How can I view locked threads? I have no sound after a Windows 10 reinstall

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! How can I view locked threads? I have no sound  after a Windows 10 reinstall :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

How can I view locked threads? I have no sound after a Windows 10 reinstall

1. How can I view locked threads? I have no sound after a Windows 10 reinstall - Similar Threads - view locked threads

2. I have an answer for a locked thread

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an answer for a locked thread: Here is the thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-errors-for-microsoft-accounts-when/e84c77fe-cae4-4a08-beb1-0e11cebe3d67The answer is to on the computer hosting the share to disable the require windows hello sign in, then sign in with the...
  3. I have an answer for a locked thread

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an answer for a locked thread: Here is the thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-errors-for-microsoft-accounts-when/e84c77fe-cae4-4a08-beb1-0e11cebe3d67The answer is to on the computer hosting the share to disable the require windows hello sign in, then sign in with the...
  4. I have an answer for a locked thread

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How can I add a comment to a locked thread in answers.microsoft.com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add a comment to a locked thread in answers.microsoft.com: I would like to add the following to "Saving Windows7 Solitaire games"Link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-windows7-solitaire-games/ae9112ef-061c-47eb-8a66-49600aadc032 There is no need to copy a game to another folder or if you do have to copy...
  6. How can I add a comment to a locked thread in answers.microsoft.com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I add a comment to a locked thread in answers.microsoft.com: I would like to add the following to "Saving Windows7 Solitaire games"Link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-windows7-solitaire-games/ae9112ef-061c-47eb-8a66-49600aadc032 There is no need to copy a game to another folder or if you do have to copy...
  7. How can i reinstall windows after having installed prime os?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i reinstall windows after having installed prime os?: I recently installed prime os as a replacement for windows, it is great for using android apps but many features are missing, so i wanted to reinstall windows 10, i created a bootable usb and plugged it and then i chose the custom install option, once their it wouldn't accept...
  8. How do I lock the view? Can I?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I lock the view? Can I?: This is a simple question, I hope, but it comes down to hidden files. Hidden files are all well and good but are also simple enough to bypass, anyone one who has a minor inkling of what they are doing can simply change the view to include them. Same goes for changing...
  9. How Can I ReInstall Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can I ReInstall Windows 10 ?: Few days ago, I try to install Ubuntu as a dual boot option on my PC. But when it got to install itself, it deleted Windows and replace it. Now my PC is under Ubuntu and I don't want it. Please Help me I want Windows 10 back but i don't want to buy it a second time ;_(...
  10. How do I vote on a locked thread?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I vote on a locked thread?: Many threads say "This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread." How do I vote on such a locked thread? Note: posting this under Virus and Malware, which it has nothing to do with (unless you think Skype is...