Windows 10: How can I view thumbnail of images in folders and drives

Discus and support How can I view thumbnail of images in folders and drives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, In windows 8 when I opened lets say documents or pictures and I had pictures in there it showed the picture instead of a image like the attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oxicottin, Aug 27, 2015.

1. oxicottin Win User

How can I view thumbnail of images in folders and drives

Hello, In windows 8 when I opened lets say documents or pictures and I had pictures in there it showed the picture instead of a image like the attached one. How do I get back to being able to see the image? Its driving me insane I cant find the setting...

Thanks!

How can I view thumbnail of images in folders and drives [​IMG]

:)

oxicottin, Aug 27, 2015

2. Thumbnail view setting not saved on burned CD (Windows 10)

I'm burning some folders of files and mostly photos to a CD-R using Windows 10 File Explorer. The folders are set to display with thumbnails on my C: hard drive, but when I copy them to my D: drive (the CD drive), they appear as icons. Using the View tab,
    I change the main folder view to display thumbnails.

At the top right, I select Options to get to Folder Options. As you can see, "Always show icons..." and "Display file icon on thumbnails" are unchecked. I even try clicking "Apply to Folders". I click OK or Apply. But no matter how I change the view
    to thumbnails, when I exit a folder and return, it reverts back to icons. How do I get the thumbnail view to be saved and be the default view on the burned CD?

GONEFISHIN200, Aug 27, 2015
  3. fuiru Win User
    How do I change settings to always show photo thumbnails in every folder in Windows 10?

In Windows 10, I'd like to always view thumbnails of images in Windows Explorer?

I know how to view thumbnails when the folder opens with just a list but I'd like this to automatically be the default. Is this possible?

Kind regards,

fuiru, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 27, 2015
  5. oxicottin Win User
    Thank you that was it! Set as solved....

oxicottin, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Aug 27, 2015
  7. acmanten Win User
    Thumbnail Cache and Disk Cleanup information. Thanks for posting Cliff M.

acmanten, Aug 27, 2015
  8. oxicottin Win User

Sorry @Brink have one more thumbnail question and not sure if its a windows or Adobe Reader issue. Before when I had Win 7 all my adobe files showed an image and not the adobe symbol now they don't show the images just the symbol, Any way to fix? I did some searching in the issue and the only thing I could come up with was If you have a 64 bit system then that's just how it is... But I'm almost positive my PC I came from (One that motherbord got fried) was a 64 bit and it worked just fine.

Thoughts?

oxicottin, Aug 28, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No problem.

I've always found thumbnails for .pdf files to be sketchy at best for displaying properly. Sometimes they won't show until after you have opened the file.

Brink, Aug 28, 2015
  10. oxicottin Win User
    I did find THIS solution but haven't tried it. Reason being im running Win10 and I see Win7 was the last update but I was going to wing it.

Have you ever tried it?

oxicottin, Aug 28, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I haven't tried them. I'd recommend to create a restore point before using them to be safe though.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I view thumbnail of images in folders and drives - Similar Threads - view thumbnail images

2. viewing images in a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    viewing images in a folder: Somehow, I have, I guess, changed the display of photographs that I have stored in a folder. I have Windows 10. Under Preview Panel > View I can see 4 sizes of icons, tiles, list, content, details - but no actual images. If I open a folder, I can open the first jpg file in...
  3. viewing images in a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    viewing images in a folder: Somehow, I have, I guess, changed the display of photographs that I have stored in a folder. I have Windows 10. Under Preview Panel > View I can see 4 sizes of icons, tiles, list, content, details - but no actual images. If I open a folder, I can open the first jpg file in...
  4. viewing images in a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Thumbnails, folder images disappeared

Thumbnails, folder images disappeared: I've formatted my SSD where Windows for a clean install, after which folder icons, folder images and file thumbnails disappeared. I just confirmed that I can change the image folder of a newly created folder but not folders created before the formatting which display an empty...
  6. Thumbnails, image folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails, image folder disappeared: I formatted my SSD with Windows for a clean install and since then, mp4 thumbnails are not showing anymore (used to manually change those), instead showing the VLC icon. Image folders don't work anymore, in that I don't see those I've personalized and I changing it, or...
  7. Thumbnails not showing in folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing in folder view: My canon cr2 images are not showing at thumbnails though jpgs do show up. I have just switched to a different camera. The CR2 files used to show previously but these are larger 2m mb images. Do I need to somehow allocate more memory? 164984
  8. Folder or image Thumbnails

Folder or image Thumbnails: Hi there, I want always to show icons and folders in tumbnail. Examples: Cntrol+shift+2 I press again and again. So I want always to show thumbnail type content in all folders. Thanks All COR Designer...
  9. Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Folder Thumbnails but keep Image Thumbnails?: Hiya. I'm trying to disable the Thumbnails for those ugly "Live Folders". However, I can't seem to figure out how to turn them off without also disabling the thumbnails for individual image files. Does anybody know how to disable *just* the Live Folder thumbnails? 66021
  10. How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder?: I have a folder which contains subfolders. The subfolders contain videos. I'd like to see thumbnails of all the videos in the subfolders without having to go into each one. Is there a way to do that? 94661