Windows 10: how can I wake my laptop using wowlan (wake on wireless lan)? I can wake up using LAN but I...

Discus and support how can I wake my laptop using wowlan (wake on wireless lan)? I can wake up using LAN but I... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using a laptop and i need to access my laptop through internet so I need to wake up it before using. My laptop uses wifi to connect to internet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rezasd, Aug 12, 2019.

1. rezasd Win User

how can I wake my laptop using wowlan (wake on wireless lan)? I can wake up using LAN but I...

I am using a laptop and i need to access my laptop through internet so I need to wake up it before using.

My laptop uses wifi to connect to internet.

I can wake my laptop through lan.

I need to wake my laptop up through wireless lan.

I have read many articles in the internet and in the Microsoft site but I dont know yet what shoud I do for that.

please guide me and please describe this clearly.

I think many people like me need this knowledge for their life.

I would apreciate your help.

:)

rezasd, Aug 12, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Korona165 Win User
    Wake On Lan Question

I know how to set and work Wake Up On Lan and it works. My question is more about Wake Up On Lan in general. Is there anyway at all to use Wake Up On Lan over WiFi or dose it only work when the pc is connected to Lan(cable)? Is there any other way
    to wake the pc from Sleep Mode by my Router or something? Or is the only Wake Up On Lan by Cable only?

I have to ask this then if you only can use Wake Up On Lan by using Cable only. How come in Device Manager and select my WiFi card and go to Power Management I have 3 setting 1: Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. 2: Allow this device
    to wake the computer. 3: Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer. The under the Advanced Tap I have options like this 1: ARP offload for WoWLAN. 2: GTK rekeying for WoWLAN. 3: NS offload for WoWLAN. 4: Sleep on WoWLAN Disconnect. 5: Wake on Magic Packet.
    6: Wake on Pattern Match. That’s all under my wireless card so how came Wake On Lan can’t be used over WiFi but I have all of the options? I can say over WiFi with my pc on and I use a Wake On Lan Tool to test if everything is setup right it passes and I can
    even put my pc to sleep using WiFi just can’t wake it.

Korona165, Aug 12, 2019
  4. how can I wake my laptop using wowlan (wake on wireless lan)? I can wake up using LAN but I...

Wake On LAN is Not Working

I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10:

• I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a wired Ethernet connection and the laptop is connected to the same router via a wireless connection
    • I'm doing this within my Local Area Network so I'm not going through a router from the external network
    • I've upgraded the driver on my network adapter to the latest version
    • I've enabled all the required functionality in the BIOS to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've turned on all the required settings in my network adapter to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've disabled "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
    • I'm using the "Wake on LAN" software application from Aquila Technology
    • The software is installed on both my desktop and laptop and I've tested it with the desktop in "listening" mode and verified that the desktop receives "magic" wake-up packets when it is up-and-running
    • When my desktop system is powered down and I send it a Magic Packet in exactly the same way as I did when it was powered up, nothing happens and it doesn't respond to the wake-up packet

Any suggestions of what I can do to further troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

chuckcobb3, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

how can I wake my laptop using wowlan (wake on wireless lan)? I can wake up using LAN but I...

1. how can I wake my laptop using wowlan (wake on wireless lan)? I can wake up using LAN but I... - Similar Threads - wake laptop using

2. Wake on Lan - Not Working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake on Lan - Not Working: My Inspiron 7586 does not wake on lan when the signal is sent from my phone or another PC if thte PC is sleeping. My network card and the BIOS are both set to be active for wake on lan. I would appreciate any assistance since Dell seems to be of no help (the "tech" did not...
  3. using wake-on-lan between windows 7 and windows 10 computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    using wake-on-lan between windows 7 and windows 10 computers: To Whom it may concern: I work at a company that is slowly transitioning to windows 10. We have been using the wake-on-lan utility between windows 7 computers successfully. We can use the wake-on-lan utility between windows 10 computers successfully. Is there a way to use...
  4. Wake on LAN support on this laptop ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wake on LAN support on this laptop ?: I have a lenovo laptop ( ideapad 520-15ikb) , model name 80YL, and i wanna know if it supports wake on lan or not , because i need this for something . Do you guys know if it supports that? And do i really need a wired internet connection for WOL ? Or i can use wifi for wake...
  5. Teamviewer wakes computer- LAN access does not.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teamviewer wakes computer- LAN access does not.: I was unable to get WOL working (Asus H270-Plus with Realtek RTL8168H LAN). I am not set up as a "Home Group"(it is set as Workplace) , but WOL always works on the 3 other computers (2 Win 10 & one old Win7) simply by typing in the network name or using shortcuts I made in...
  6. Wake on Lan

Wake on Lan: Can't get computer to wake from master computer,worked perfect when windows 7 was on remote local computer? I'm I missing something in a setup. 42469
  7. Wake On LAN is Not Working

Wake On LAN is Not Working: I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10: I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a...
  8. Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan"

Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan": I checked the bios, and the "Wake On Lan" feature is enabled, but when I go to Device Manager and open Network Adapter's properties, the "allow this device to wake the computer" is grayed out. Also I'm sure that I'm the one who disabled that feature in a previous build,...
  9. Wake on LAN Support for Surface

in Windows 10 News
    Wake on LAN Support for Surface: We’re happy to announce the addition of Wake on LAN support for Surface devices connected to wired local area networks with a Surface Ethernet Adapter or Surface Dock. With Wake on LAN, you can enable your docked or connected devices to be woken from Connected Standby,...
  10. Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop: I am using Windows 10 and would like to use my mouse to wake it up when in sleep mode It would be appreciated if someone can kindly assist me 41520