Windows 10: How can I watch Football on one monitor and play WOT on the other?

Discus and support How can I watch Football on one monitor and play WOT on the other? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, for the first time I'm using dual monitors. An old generic Dell and a newer vizio 32in 1080p tv lol. So I was playing WOT when I realized the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by DeathStalker, Dec 30, 2016.

1. How can I watch Football on one monitor and play WOT on the other?

Hi, for the first time I'm using dual monitors. An old generic Dell and a newer vizio 32in 1080p tv lol. So I was playing WOT when I realized the Citrus Bowl was on. Cool thinks I, i have dual monitors, I can put the game on where Spotify is showing and play WOT while watching the game.

Wrong.

Whenever I switch back to WOT (The TV), the screen on the second monitor freezes. I can still hear the sound and when i switch back, the video immediately goes live, but then World Of Tanks minimizes so I can't play it.

I have an AMD R290 the tv is hd, using hdmi, and the Dell is using the old DVI connector. Windows 10 pro, fully updated (real copy, not upgrade). I know the card is a couple of years old, but that shouldn't matter. I'm about to build a new computer anyway and will replace the card then, but until I do............

NOTE: The Football games are played through Adobe flash and ESPN.

:)

DeathStalker, Dec 30, 2016

2. How can I change on display settings that would be shown as one big monitor with 3480x1080 resolution?

Next question so how to set monitors that I would play games on 2 monitors like this

In amd monitors were set like one big but My HDMI cable is connected from intel hd graphics. Is it possible to set 2 monitors on intel hd graphics to play like ets 2 (euro truck simulator 2)?

Thanks for help.

PauliusŠerpytis, Dec 30, 2016
  3. Be great if this could be ported over to N900...

Well, I'm in the UK and I call American Football as just Football, as I've been playing it for years, and the ones who know me which sport I'm talking about as I can't stand the other one...lol.

Off topic now, I know...

montana_uk, Dec 30, 2016
  4. meebers Win User

How can I watch Football on one monitor and play WOT on the other?

The way I do it is to use EDGE on my secondary monitor for the football game and FF on the primary for other stuff. YMMV

meebers, Dec 30, 2016
  5. Yeah but you might be a gator fan, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.

But seriously, thanks.

I can't imagine why that would make a difference but most of the fixes I get I couldn't imagine lol, or else I would have imagined them and fixed it. I shall give that a try, but after the Alabama game, not taking a chance for that game.

Oh and if you are a gator fan gl against Iowa, if you are an FSU fan awesome work on Michigan. If you are a fan of nobody....... get a hobby *Biggrin .

6. To quote Franklin Clifton of GTA V fame, *That don't make no f@#$$#%# sense.*

But it works so it doesn't have to make sense. Thank you much.

Does anyone know WHY this works? Does Edge use a different player than flash? Does that make the difference?

EDIT: As I post this, I'm watching the game, while WOT is minimized but it works with the video. When I hit enter and get back in game all will be wonderful in the world *Wink

7. CountMike New Member
    Edge is an UWP (APP, Metro) application and runs in it's own space and UWP has own rules.

CountMike, Dec 31, 2016
  8. meebers Win User

meebers, Jan 2, 2017
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

some streaming is now done with HTML5 instead of flash -- Perhaps simply using alternate browsers on the different screens should work.

If I'm watching (REAL) football (i.e the game with the ROUND ball - teams like Manchester Utd / Barcelona etc) then I'd want to watch the game - not look at anything else while I'm watching -- No commercials during play for Real football 45 mins each half -- I know the American version which uses a sort of squashed Rugby Ball seems to have more commercial breaks than actual play so perhaps I can see the point of an alternate monitor here.

Anyway enjoy the new year and enjoy following whatever team you like.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 2, 2017
  10. As a fellow tanker I appreciate your question, but this has nothing to do with WOT per say but rather that you need to have WOT set to play in a 'windowed' mode. Same thing for any other game that goes full screen. It's a check box somewhere in WOT advanced graphics options, I setup mine to be windowed but look full screen so I can switch to my movies anytime with alt tab.

Cheers!

manyfaces2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I watch Football on one monitor and play WOT on the other? - Similar Threads - watch Football monitor

2. How to fix it So i can play with others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix it So i can play with others: How pls tell me how to fix it so i can play with others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-it-so-i-can-play-with-others/825f1831-3693-4f2f-b442-9c16758fa053
  3. How to fix it So i can play with others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix it So i can play with others: How pls tell me how to fix it so i can play with others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-it-so-i-can-play-with-others/825f1831-3693-4f2f-b442-9c16758fa053
  4. How to watch live football in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to watch live football in windows 11?: I Want to watch fifa football live in windows 11! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-watch-live-football-in-windows-11/84b01282-9e25-43c1-b25e-3e710f799f2c
  5. How to watch live football in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to watch live football in windows 11?: I Want to watch fifa football live in windows 11! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-watch-live-football-in-windows-11/84b01282-9e25-43c1-b25e-3e710f799f2c
  6. I can play MC Windows 10 on one computer, but not the other.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can play MC Windows 10 on one computer, but not the other.: I got a copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition free with my purchase of Minecraft Java Edition and I installed it on an old computer. I got the game through a code, so it was redeemed on that computer. Now I want to install Windows 10 Edition on my new computer but the...
  7. Can I set one monitor wallpaper to be static and the other monitor to rotate wallpapers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I set one monitor wallpaper to be static and the other monitor to rotate wallpapers?: Title says it, can't find a solution. submitted by /u/RecklessEmpire [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jq2iqr/can_i_set_one_monitor_wallpaper_to_be_static_and/
  8. BSOD when playing WoT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing WoT: I keep getting (BSOD) crashes while playing games, specifically WoT. I cant seem to find what the problem is. I have done all driver updates and windows updates etc. I am running intel i7 4770k 3.5ghz Asus maximus VI gene motherboard gtx 1070 16gb ram I will post...
  9. PC shut down when watching video or playing Football Manager

PC shut down when watching video or playing Football Manager: Ok, i'm not that bad in PC world so i allredy checked some usual causes of this error. Checked all temperatures, they are fine, nothing is overheating. (Speed Fun) Here are my PC spec: Processor: Intel i5 - 3470 @ 3.20GHZ GPU: AMD 7850 1GB Ram: 8GB DDR3 800MHz...
  10. BSOD when playing WOT(World of Tanks)

BSOD when playing WOT(World of Tanks): I'm really sorry for my english, but let's start. When i try play in wot, every time i have Bsod. before i do something with my computer i can play only 2-5 min and bsod. Now i can play 10-15 min, and then bsod. (restore to factory settings, switch power to max...