Windows 10: How can in change what the power buttons do when it's managed by your system admin?

Discus and support How can in change what the power buttons do when it's managed by your system admin? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows how I can get rid of this restriction? can I change it in Registry Editor? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Console.WriteLine(''Ben'', Jun 8, 2019.

1. How can in change what the power buttons do when it's managed by your system admin?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows how I can get rid of this restriction? can I change it in Registry Editor?

How can in change what the power buttons do when it's managed by your system admin? 48e6b212-3583-4db1-9ae3-5ad8e90f3384?upload=true.jpg

:)

Console.WriteLine(''Ben'', Jun 8, 2019
  2. OOOO Win User

How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

How can in change what the power buttons do when it's managed by your system admin? SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

OOOO, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

FreeBooter, Jun 8, 2019
  4. How can in change what the power buttons do when it's managed by your system admin?

Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

I can follow everything, except I am stuck at ... because there is not such a tab I can see.
    Click the Power Management tab

CapFlam128, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

How can in change what the power buttons do when it's managed by your system admin?

1. How can in change what the power buttons do when it's managed by your system admin? - Similar Threads - change power buttons

2. When I push the Power button in sleep mode, the system Restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I push the Power button in sleep mode, the system Restarts: I've tried to find any forum data that might fix this rather strange problem, to no avail. Sorry if I missed something specific to this situation. A couple days ago we experienced a power outage, and afterward my Dell desktop restarts (instead of just powering up) when I...
  3. Some settings/Privacy settings are managed by your organization's Admin, What is this?...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some settings/Privacy settings are managed by your organization's Admin, What is this?...: Hi, I have this problem with Windows 10, sometimes I found this on office 2016 settings and Windows 10 settings: "Some settings/Privacy settings are managed by your organization's Admin Bla Bla Bla" Which organization and which Admin? It's a private PC, is that mean...
  4. Change power button to 'Update and shutdown'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change power button to 'Update and shutdown': Hello, The situation right now is that when i press the power button my computer shuts down and thus ignores the pending updates. I would like to configure the power button to automatically update my computer and shutdown. I am using: Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise...
  5. Some Settings are hidden or managed by your organization/system admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Settings are hidden or managed by your organization/system admin: This happens in power & sleep settings and Diagnostics & feedback. I'm sure there are more places but I can't recall where all this happens. It used to happen with updates and with virus scans but I think all of the individual steps I took for those have worked. This seems to...
  6. Anyone discover how to bring back "Ask me what to do" (power button)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anyone discover how to bring back "Ask me what to do" (power button)?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad whose power button is wayyyy too accessible, so I would LOVE (as in: pay for an app, even!) to find a way to restore the old "Ask me what to do" when the power button is pressed. 38678
  7. How do I change default behavior of the Power Button to restart

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change default behavior of the Power Button to restart: Hi, I have a little Minix computer that I exclusively use for plex. I never log into it except for maintenance reasons. When the server acts funny, I just want to press the Power Button on the device to restart. I have it set to Shut Down, but sometimes it takes forever to...
  8. Power options - Choose what the power buttons do - Change in REGISTRY

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power options - Choose what the power buttons do - Change in REGISTRY: Hi, I manage a fleet of 200 linx 8 tablets all running win 10 home. I need to issue a 'fix' that HIBERNATES the tablet rather than entering sleep when pressing the power button I will need to do this programatically - bundled within an .exe that I'm building - so the...
  9. How do you create a power plan toggle button

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you create a power plan toggle button: Is there some way to create a power plan toggle similar to the brightness toggle when clicking on the battery in the notification area? My googling doesn't seem to come up with anything. 29921
  10. Can´t change flicks settings (these settings are managed by admin)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can´t change flicks settings (these settings are managed by admin): Hello there I just installed Win 10 upgrade from Windows 7 on my computer and I am having some problems to modify system settings regarding pen and touch, specially "Flicks" settings, that I need to disable to have a better performance using a Wacom tablet. When I go to...