Windows 10: How can it be so difficult to log in as Administrator?

Discus and support How can it be so difficult to log in as Administrator? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can it be so difficult to log in as Administrator? I think that's the problem I'm having, as every time I try to download an app, it gives me a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LesleyL4, Jul 6, 2020.

1. LesleyL4 Win User

How can it be so difficult to log in as Administrator?

I think that's the problem I'm having, as every time I try to download an app, it gives me a box which says do you want this app to make changes to this computer, and there's no Yes box to click on. It only gives me the option to click on No, so I can't download the app.

This is a brand new laptop with Windows 10 Home and I'm the only person who has used it. I don't remember it telling me if my account is an Administrator or not, but why would it not be when it's the only account that has been used? It said in settings it's a Local Account, so I tried logging in with my Microsoft Outlook account and password but I still don't have the button which allows the Apps to make changes to my computer.

I've used computers all my life with Windows, and been looking through the Settings all afternoon, but still can't see how to log in as an Administrator.

What's the point in having a brand new laptop that I spent all my money on, if I can't do anything such as downloading Apps?

:)

LesleyL4, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 6, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

1. How can it be so difficult to log in as Administrator? - Similar Threads - difficult log Administrator

2. why is it difficult to log into microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is it difficult to log into microsoft: I just spent over an hour trying to log into my Microsoft account. Nothing but road blocks. Messages say account doesn't exist, or log in information incorrect. I want to call them. What number to call?...
  3. why is it difficult to log into microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is it difficult to log into microsoft: I just spent over an hour trying to log into my Microsoft account. Nothing but road blocks. Messages say account doesn't exist, or log in information incorrect. I want to call them. What number to call?...
  4. why is it difficult to log into microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to log in as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to log in as administrator?: Hi there,Recently I synced my one laptop with original I used both have windows 10. But the new user although is in sync but is logged in as guest account and most of the softwares are not working on it. in Accounts there is no Family and other users tab.kindly help.regards...
  6. how to log in as administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to log in as administrator?: Hi there,Recently I synced my one laptop with original I used both have windows 10. But the new user although is in sync but is logged in as guest account and most of the softwares are not working on it. in Accounts there is no Family and other users tab.kindly help.regards...
  7. how to log in as administrator?

8. How can it be so difficult to log in as Administrator?

How can it be so difficult to log in as Administrator?: How can it be so difficult to log in as Administrator? I think that's the problem I'm having, as every time I try to download an app, it gives me a box which says do you want this app to make changes to this computer, and there's no Yes box to click on. It only gives me the...
  9. how can I log on as Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can I log on as Administrator: how can I log on as Administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-log-on-as-administrator/9984e6b6-06bf-4330-928a-f7003e8e3c30"
  10. How to backup a PC? Why is this so difficult?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to backup a PC? Why is this so difficult?: I foolishly offered to backup PCs belonging to my mother-in-law (Windows 10) and father-in-law (Windows 7). Coming from a Mac, I assumed this would be easy enough process. I'm no newbie when it comes to computers, but damned this has been a hard lesson. On the Mac, you just...