Windows 10: How can Microsoft be allowed to FORCE software Edge on us with updates?

Discus and support How can Microsoft be allowed to FORCE software Edge on us with updates? in Cortana to solve the problem; Today my laptop upgraded the mandatory Microsoft windows 10 software. Without my permission, they arrogantly loaded their new Edge software. I loathe... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by KeithKlesk, Jul 3, 2020.

1. How can Microsoft be allowed to FORCE software Edge on us with updates?

Today my laptop upgraded the mandatory Microsoft windows 10 software. Without my permission, they arrogantly loaded their new Edge software. I loathe Edge and Bing, and do not use them. Instead of allowing me to make the decision for myself, they now FORCE the software onto my laptop, as MICROSOFT will not let me delete this software. This wastes memory and storage on my laptop. I do not understand how this is legal, why am I not allowed to manage the software on my property to my preferences? thanks.

:)

KeithKlesk, Jul 3, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge

Hi Gerry,

Allow us to help you with this concern. You can open Microsoft Edge with a specific page or pages. Just follow the steps below:

• Open the Microsoft Edge browser. Tap the 3 dots (...) at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Click Settings. Select Open with A specific page or pages.
    • Click the drop down menu. Select from MSN, Bing, or you can customize it.
    You can also show the Favorites bar. See the steps below on how to do so:

• Open the Microsoft Edge browser. Tap the 3 dots (...) at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Click Settings. Hit View favorites settings.
    • Turn On Show the favorites bar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Michelle Vil, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 3, 2020
  4. How can Microsoft be allowed to FORCE software Edge on us with updates?

How do I disable JavaScript in Microsoft Edge?

How do I disable JavaScript in Microsoft Edge?

Update

Microsoft changed the Group Policies for Edge since I wrote this answer. Current Windows 10 builds don't allow you to turn off JavaScript in Edge via Group Policies.

You can change this using the Group Policy settings:

"Computer Configuration: > "Administrative Templates" > "Windows Components" > "Microsoft Edge"

The same settings can also be found under:

"User Configuration: > "Administrative Templates" > "Windows Components" > "Microsoft Edge"

Edge Group Policy Settings

Source Edge Group Policy Settings

Further reading

DavidPostill, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

How can Microsoft be allowed to FORCE software Edge on us with updates?

1. How can Microsoft be allowed to FORCE software Edge on us with updates? - Similar Threads - Microsoft allowed FORCE

2. Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?: Fhyck you Microsoft. I don't want your phuckin edge updated and shoved back on my laptop you phucking **** leave my god damn pc alone. If I get so low as to want to use your trash @zz edge browser or even think of downloading it, I would unalive myself instead so I'd never...
  3. Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?: Fhyck you Microsoft. I don't want your phuckin edge updated and shoved back on my laptop you phucking **** leave my god damn pc alone. If I get so low as to want to use your trash @zz edge browser or even think of downloading it, I would unalive myself instead so I'd never...
  4. Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Edge Update *Software?*

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Edge Update *Software?*: Hello.So, I had Chromium on my PC and I of course wanted to delete it. None of the deleting options worked for me, so I decided to use a third party software to do so called Bulk **** Uninstaller BCU. I while I was uninstalling Chromium, I came across Browser Assistant on my...
  6. Windows edge forced on us in the new update?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows edge forced on us in the new update?: (time line is loose!) about 2 weeks ago my pc updated, and forced installed edge on my computer, I uninstalled it because I do not want it. Today it updated again I think, and now I have Edge again!!! Except this time I am unable to remove it as the "uninstall" option is...
  7. Windows edge forced on us in the new update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows edge forced on us in the new update?: (time line is loose!) about 2 weeks ago my pc updated, and forced installed edge on my computer, I uninstalled it because I do not want it. Today it updated again I think, and now I have Edge again!!! Except this time I am unable to remove it as the "uninstall" option is...
  8. Microsoft forcing edge browser on customers

Microsoft forcing edge browser on customers: Microsoft continues to try and force it's inferior edge browser on customers through Windows updates. I use Revo uninstaller to remove this 575Mb of bloat off my hard drive everytime Windows installs it through an update. Revo uninstaller is far better than Window's unistall....
  9. Why microsoft force us to update? It is terrible and makes computer slower.

Why microsoft force us to update? It is terrible and makes computer slower.: The update is useless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsoft-force-us-to-update-it-is-terrible/c1f2a227-21f0-4e0d-a809-0ae65418222b
  10. Microsoft Edge - allow only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge - allow only: Posted many times in many places with no resolution... perhaps here... you already no the question if you are part of the MS team... "Allow Always" is missing from the options when a website requires Adobe Flash while using Microsoft Edge...