Windows 10: How can Microsoft Family filter the contents from Chrome and other browsers.

Discus and support How can Microsoft Family filter the contents from Chrome and other browsers. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I like Microsoft Family. It helps me control the time use of my two young kids. However, for filtering WWW contents, it seems to me it works only for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Joel h. c. ng, Feb 21, 2020.

1. How can Microsoft Family filter the contents from Chrome and other browsers.

I like Microsoft Family. It helps me control the time use of my two young kids. However, for filtering WWW contents, it seems to me it works only for Edge or Explorer. What about other browsers such as Chrome?

:)

Joel h. c. ng, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Restore chrome filter in family

Hello HagaiCohen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Microsoft has updated its family safety service for Windows Users with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. To restore an application or a browser to
    Always blocked list in Microsoft Family, the child first needs to use that particular browser. Once the application is used, it shows up under the list to block.

You can block kids’ ability to use inappropriate apps, games on Windows 10 devices by setting an age limit for content. Kindly follow the below steps:

• Go to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your adult Microsoft account.
    • Find your child's name and select Content restrictions.
    • Go to Apps, games & media and switch
      Block inappropriate apps, games & media from Off to
      On. Under Allow apps and games rated for select the age limit you’d like to apply to your child.
    • When your child requests to use a blocked app or game, you can approve it and add it to the
      Always allowed list, which is under Content restrictions.
    • If your child downloaded something before you set these limits, you can block it where it appears on the
      Activity page. They’ll need your permission to use it again, and you can respond to their requests from your email or on
      https://account.microsoft.com/family.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 21, 2020
  3. In Windows 10 does Microsoft Family block adult content in Chrome?

Did the steps of reinstalling Chrome just to comply with the response, but as expected same issue after. Nothing is being blocked in Chrome. Only Edge and IE. This is happening in three different computers. I just need a confirmation that indeed the
    Family Filter is designed specifically not to work with non Microsoft browsers and that way I can make my decision in the steps to follow, mostly since it was working fine before the mayor update. Thanks in advanced.

Kakaroto777, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Adam Dr. Win User

How can Microsoft Family filter the contents from Chrome and other browsers.

Family Safety web filtering limited to Internet Explorer and Bing browsers

Microsoft has just announced that it introduces new features in Family Safety and the web filtering is now limited to Internet Explorer and Bing browsers.

This is a step back rather than improvement, MS browsers are still far behind Chrome or Firefox and I cannot imagine for the time being switching to MS browser for entire family.

Anybody has more info on that?

Adam Dr., Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

How can Microsoft Family filter the contents from Chrome and other browsers.

1. How can Microsoft Family filter the contents from Chrome and other browsers. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family filter

2. Family safety content filtering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety content filtering: We have a family safety account for our computers. Does the content filtering work for all browsers firefox, librewolf? Will inappropriate searches be flagged in all these browsers?...
  3. Family safety content filtering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety content filtering: We have a family safety account for our computers. Does the content filtering work for all browsers firefox, librewolf? Will inappropriate searches be flagged in all these browsers?...
  4. Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed: Family Safety web content filters seem to care only about the web page URL. If the page is allowed, but it gets content from supposedly blocked web sites, there is actually no filtering. Steps to reproduce:Add youtube.com and googlevideo.com to Blocked sitesNavigate to...
  5. Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed

Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed: Family Safety web content filters seem to care only about the web page URL. If the page is allowed, but it gets content from supposedly blocked web sites, there is actually no filtering. Steps to reproduce:Add youtube.com and googlevideo.com to Blocked sitesNavigate to...
  6. How to enable content filtering without creating other accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable content filtering without creating other accounts: Hello,I would like to enable content filtering on my Windows 11 pc without creating another Microsoft or local user account. However, when I tried this on Microsoft Family following the instructions on the help page, all the buttons just took me to the help page again....
  7. How to enable content filtering without creating other accounts

How to enable content filtering without creating other accounts: Hello,I would like to enable content filtering on my Windows 11 pc without creating another Microsoft or local user account. However, when I tried this on Microsoft Family following the instructions on the help page, all the buttons just took me to the help page again....
  8. Does Microsoft Family Safety work with other browsers such as Vivaladi or Chrome?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does Microsoft Family Safety work with other browsers such as Vivaladi or Chrome?: I am recently preparing to use Microsoft Family Safety for my kid. Nevertheless, my kid seldom use Microsoft Edge as his common browser, he uses Vivaladi instead....
  9. My Family Content Filtering wildcards not working

My Family Content Filtering wildcards not working: I am trying to whitelist a number of *.domainname.uk addresses and your system is not accepting them!! With the useful error message 'Something went wrong, try again later' Why do you not make something like this more simple, so that people can just get things done.......
  10. Restore chrome filter in family

Restore chrome filter in family: I am using ms family. In Always Blocked apps list, I removed Chrome. How to restore chrome back on this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-chrome-filter-in-family/c37d6b4b-8355-47d8-b0bb-f9bad902a060"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can microsoft family filter chrome