Windows 10: How can Microsoft fix the problem of having to type in the name of a document 2 times...

Discus and support How can Microsoft fix the problem of having to type in the name of a document 2 times... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have to type the title in 2 times, because it doesn't quite catch but disappears when I click on it as done. So then I have to retype it and it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by suemcp001, Apr 17, 2019.

1. suemcp001 Win User

How can Microsoft fix the problem of having to type in the name of a document 2 times...

I have to type the title in 2 times, because it doesn't quite catch but disappears when I click on it as done. So then I have to retype it and it is accepted. I have to do this every single time I make a new doc.

I have already gone through the process of replacing the old normal with a new one but it didn't work.

I use Windows 10. I cannot put this under a particular topic because "CORRUPTION" is not listed and this is the most likely cause. There is something dreadfully wrong with this, and this issue is not the only one that I have had or am having. some correct themselves, probably changes due to updates that Microsoft fixes, but this one has not fixed itself.

:)

suemcp001, Apr 17, 2019
  2. marinro Win User

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Apr 17, 2019
  3. suemcp001 Win User
    naming document takes 2 tries

Whay is it - I have just lost my page twice so far.

Start again

Place mouse in centre field. Now type. Oh for mod cons. and 30 years since I first got onto the internet

Now. Why is it when I go to name a document - ie =type a name and put it in the spce in the little box tyhat will then enable me to save such doc that I have to type it twice. 99 out of 100 times, I have to retype it as it disappears. Often I get to the
    end and it leaves the box, or the computer - Windows 10 - waits until I press enter to get the computer to accept it, and then it will go right back to the official name - New Microsoft Word Document. Why is it so slow? Am I typing too fast? Sometimes I have
    to wait for the computer to catch up on what I'm typing.

these problems aren't new. But I am so frustrated with this partciular problem as I try to save short documents as they occur, and yes I am facing a deadline, 2 deadlines and I cannot waste my time and mental health having to tyhpe titles twice.

It must have something to do with numbers, that I use too many that the computer thinks I may not be certain of what I'm doing. I have tried to disconnect Edge and Cloud, and so on as I think they do interfere with me doing it my way. I have bought a new
    mouse, checked drivers, and looked at mouse and keyboard and typing options. I don't know what else to do.

FW10

**Moved from: Windows 10 / Family**

suemcp001, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

How can Microsoft fix the problem of having to type in the name of a document 2 times...

If I type shift+2 it displays " and when I type shift+" it displays @ its reversed how to fix it

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

This issue may occur if you have installed language pack more than 1 or 2 in your system, I suggest you to check the language settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Open the Start menu and select "Settings

• Select "Time & language

• Select "Region & language

• Set your preferred default language

• Click your language

• Click the "Options" button.

• Remove any keyboard layouts you don't want to use.

• Add your desired layout if it isn't listed and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

1. How can Microsoft fix the problem of having to type in the name of a document 2 times... - Similar Threads - Microsoft fix problem

2. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?: My document have numbers instead of my file names. I want to replace the numbers with my file names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-replace-numbers-with-document-names-in/5db0b361-f567-47bd-a1d4-677d2a1eeb81
  3. how i can fix persian file name problem in win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how i can fix persian file name problem in win10: I have been using Windows 10 for years؛ But recently when I bought a new system, I faced a new problem. This problem is related to the way Persian titles are displayed in the folder or file name. The title is broken and The parts of the folder or file name are separated.how i...
  4. how i can fix persian file name problem in win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how i can fix persian file name problem in win10: I have been using Windows 10 for years؛ But recently when I bought a new system, I faced a new problem. This problem is related to the way Persian titles are displayed in the folder or file name. The title is broken and The parts of the folder or file name are separated.how i...
  5. Having problem with my keys not typing at same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problem with my keys not typing at same time: When I'm typing certain combinations of key it will act strange like when I press t and y it will show ty. However, if I press q and w it won't work, if I am holding the q key it won't allow me to press any other keys. This is odd since some Ctrl+ keys won't work as well. All...
  6. Having problem with my keys not typing at same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having problem with my keys not typing at same time: When I'm typing certain combinations of key it will act strange like when I press t and y it will show ty. However, if I press q and w it won't work, if I am holding the q key it won't allow me to press any other keys. This is odd since some Ctrl+ keys won't work as well. All...
  7. Having problem with my keys not typing at same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I have a sound problem on youtube. How can this be fixed?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I have a sound problem on youtube. How can this be fixed?: Hi I have a sound problem when I go to youtube. I'm not hearing what I uploaded and it's asking me to make sure the volume is turned on my browser....
  9. naming document takes 2 tries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    naming document takes 2 tries: Whay is it - I have just lost my page twice so far. Start again Place mouse in centre field. Now type. Oh for mod cons. and 30 years since I first got onto the internet . Now. Why is it when I go to name a document - ie =type a name and put it in the spce in the little...
  10. naming document takes 2 tries

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    naming document takes 2 tries: Whay is it - I have just lost my page twice so far. Start again Place mouse in centre field. Now type. Oh for mod cons. and 30 years since I first got onto the internet . Now. Why is it when I go to name a document - ie =type a name and put it in the spce in the little...