Windows 10: how can mouse wakeup computer if sleep turns off power to the usb?

Discus and support how can mouse wakeup computer if sleep turns off power to the usb? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In settings for keyboard & mouse I see checkboxes such as[ ] Allow system to turn off power during sleep[ ] Allow device to make up system.It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Joseph Stateson, Apr 13, 2022.

1. how can mouse wakeup computer if sleep turns off power to the usb?

In settings for keyboard & mouse I see checkboxes such as[ ] Allow system to turn off power during sleep[ ] Allow device to make up system.It seems like these are mutually exclusive In a user manual I read that I cannot charge a phone when computer is sleeping as the power is off that makes sense but if true how can a device on the same USB hub wake up the system if no power.

:)

Joseph Stateson, Apr 13, 2022

2. [Windows 10] After enter Hibernation/Sleep mode, system can't wakeup with USB mouse!

Dear Sir,

[Symptom] Can't wakeup a system in Sleep mode, and when i press Power button, system will force to restart

it has failure rate, 3/10

Steps: S3/S4 → Wakeup with USB mouse → Press power button → will force system to restart

Try to do the following workarounds, still not work:

1、Disable Fast Startup option in "Control Panel"

2、Confirm the Erp Ready setting is Disabled in BIOS setting

3、Confirm usb keyboard can wakeup system in sleep mode

4、Intel Management Engine Interface driver.

(Refer microsoft KB FAQ. 升級到Windows 10後 ,如何解決休 /睡 模式問題? https://www.asus.com/en/support/FAQ/1016000/

[System Information]

1. Windows 10x64 RS2/RS3

2. ASUS X99- WS/IPMI (Intel X99)

3. Intel Management Engine Interface driver version: 11.0.0.1172

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

Kelly Chen (kelly.chen), Apr 13, 2022
  3. _JP_ Win User
    Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

how can mouse wakeup computer if sleep turns off power to the usb? [​IMG]

Worked for me.

4. Ztruker Win User

how can mouse wakeup computer if sleep turns off power to the usb?

Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up.
    Allow mouse to wake is enabled:

how can mouse wakeup computer if sleep turns off power to the usb? [​IMG]

This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it stopped working. I tried a new mouse, same problem. Any suggestions?

Yes, I've done many Google searches and looked at lots of responses but there really is nothing more than the above as far as a suggested fix.

I've uninstalled the mouse from Device Manager then rebooted, no help.

USB attached keyboard works okay and wakes the computer.

Ztruker, Apr 13, 2022
Thema:

how can mouse wakeup computer if sleep turns off power to the usb?

1. how can mouse wakeup computer if sleep turns off power to the usb? - Similar Threads - mouse wakeup computer

2. laptop doesn't wakeup if its turn to sleep and it automatically power off computer science...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop doesn't wakeup if its turn to sleep and it automatically power off computer science...: my laptop is hdd and if I turn it to sleep atleast 1 hr it automatically power off then if I click power on button the power light is onblue light but the screen is black and my laptop is acer tmp214-53G-5436 and it's to slow in start up or in any games and I bought it last...
  3. laptop doesn't wakeup if its turn to sleep and it automatically power off computer science...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop doesn't wakeup if its turn to sleep and it automatically power off computer science...: my laptop is hdd and if I turn it to sleep atleast 1 hr it automatically power off then if I click power on button the power light is onblue light but the screen is black and my laptop is acer tmp214-53G-5436 and it's to slow in start up or in any games and I bought it last...
  4. laptop doesn't wakeup if its turn to sleep and it automatically power off computer science...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how can mouse wakeup computer if sleep turns off power to the usb?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can mouse wakeup computer if sleep turns off power to the usb?: In settings for keyboard & mouse I see checkboxes such as[ ] Allow system to turn off power during sleep[ ] Allow device to make up system.It seems like these are mutually exclusive In a user manual I read that I cannot charge a phone when computer is sleeping as the power is...
  6. how can mouse wakeup computer if sleep turns off power to the usb?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can mouse wakeup computer if sleep turns off power to the usb?: In settings for keyboard & mouse I see checkboxes such as[ ] Allow system to turn off power during sleep[ ] Allow device to make up system.It seems like these are mutually exclusive In a user manual I read that I cannot charge a phone when computer is sleeping as the power is...
  7. Can turning power off when the computer is in sleep mode or in the hibernate mode harm the...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can turning power off when the computer is in sleep mode or in the hibernate mode harm the...: I would like to whether there is any harm in turning power off when the computer is in sleep mode or in hibernate mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-turning-power-off-when-the-computer-is-in/d9c66559-e411-453f-8768-092a7e4e5cee
  8. Device/usb connect disconnect sound when monitor go to sleep /wakeup or turning off/on!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device/usb connect disconnect sound when monitor go to sleep /wakeup or turning off/on!: i can't remeber exactly but i think after changing my gpu to rx 580 this problem started to happen to me. when monitor go to sleep or wake or even when turn it off i hear this freaky sound of a device connected or disconnect to pc. my monitor is benq with no speaker or usb...
  9. USB mouse powers off/on constantly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mouse powers off/on constantly: Dear Microsoft, Over the years, I have found the same issue reappearing. It would be nice if you could help to fix it. When a new release occurs, USB connected devices go offline/online periodically. So if you have a USB Mouse, particularly one that uses IR, then you will...
  10. how do I turn usb power off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I turn usb power off?: I want to ensure USB port power is off when my computer is in the sleep mode. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-usb-power-off/3e510ca5-06df-4e97-8170-4f5b9ca67e13