Windows 10: How can my wife & I have different desktops if we share the same OneDrive account?

Discus and support How can my wife & I have different desktops if we share the same OneDrive account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My wife & I share a OneDrive account. We find it convenient that our data is being dynamically saved; however, we didn't intend to share our desktop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rodharris5, Mar 3, 2021.

1. How can my wife & I have different desktops if we share the same OneDrive account?

My wife & I share a OneDrive account. We find it convenient that our data is being dynamically saved; however, we didn't intend to share our desktop layout. Is there a way that we can make the desktops unique to each PC, while still sharing the account?

:)

rodharris5, Mar 3, 2021
  2. tfwul Win User

OneDrive - shared link - one is required to create an account first?

I don't share files often, or better, I hardly share files.

Now I shared a video.
    Uploaded the video to OneDrive, right-click share, created a link, and sent it by mail to the person I wanted to share the file with (having a Gmail account)

That person tried to open the link and reported back that he should first create an account.

Huh..?

Did I overlook a step somewhere?

Attachment 219236

tfwul, Mar 3, 2021
  3. OneDrive sharing help

Its should be indefinite. I have a shared folder with a friend of mine for about two years now. Is it automatically cutting off?

TheMailMan78, Mar 3, 2021
  4. fjk61011 Win User

How can my wife & I have different desktops if we share the same OneDrive account?

OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows

I entered my primary account email but the Share button does nothing

fjk61011, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

How can my wife & I have different desktops if we share the same OneDrive account?

1. How can my wife & I have different desktops if we share the same OneDrive account? - Similar Threads - wife different desktops

2. How to share a file across devices with the same OneDrive account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to share a file across devices with the same OneDrive account?: I am new to OneDrive and want to do something that should be simple. I have three devices; a desktop with windows 10, a laptop with windows 11, and an android phone. All have OneDrive with the same account. I would like to manually put a file in the OneDrive folder on one...
  3. My wife and I have separate Microsoft accounts but we only have one computer. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife and I have separate Microsoft accounts but we only have one computer. How do I...: My wife and I have separate Microsoft accounts but we only have one computer. How do I access both accounts on the same computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wife-and-i-have-separate-microsoft-accounts-but/823c5e83-23ab-4cf9-a54a-ededb8d9b34e
  4. My wife and I have separate Microsoft accounts but we only have one computer. How do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wife and I have separate Microsoft accounts but we only have one computer. How do I...: My wife and I have separate Microsoft accounts but we only have one computer. How do I access both accounts on the same computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wife-and-i-have-separate-microsoft-accounts-but/823c5e83-23ab-4cf9-a54a-ededb8d9b34e
  5. I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How...: I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How do i ensure she does not have access anymore and she uses her own accont....
  6. I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How...

I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How...: I shared my microsoft account with my wife and she has access to my onedrive folders . How do i ensure she does not have access anymore and she uses her own accont....
  7. Can we use different keys for the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we use different keys for the same Microsoft account?: Hi,I have a laptop which came along with an OEM version of Windows 11, and a desktop which I'm planning to buy a pro version of Windows 11 from a retailer. I'll use the same Microsoft account to sign in both of them. Is it okay to use different Windows keys for the same...
  8. Can we use different keys for the same Microsoft account?

Can we use different keys for the same Microsoft account?: Hi,I have a laptop which came along with an OEM version of Windows 11, and a desktop which I'm planning to buy a pro version of Windows 11 from a retailer. I'll use the same Microsoft account to sign in both of them. Is it okay to use different Windows keys for the same...
  9. I share my laptop with my wife can she have her own 365 account shared by me?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I share my laptop with my wife can she have her own 365 account shared by me?: I share my laptop with my wife. How to I add the office 365 program to her. She has her own account on our laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-share-my-laptop-with-my-wife-can-she-have-her/1d03ed96-5f65-4f6a-951a-ae3b5606db28
  10. How can I have 2 accounts share the same environment?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I have 2 accounts share the same environment?: Sorry about the title above, but a descriptive title would be too long to fit. How can I make a non-admin account that inherits the settings and the look and feel of my existing admin account - desktop, quicklaunch and taskbar settings, start button programs and...