Windows 10: How can Office Outlook be made default mail program in win 10 af latest update

Discus and support How can Office Outlook be made default mail program in win 10 af latest update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can Office Outlook be made default mail program in win 10 af latest update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SorensenFreddy, Feb 17, 2021.

1. How can Office Outlook be made default mail program in win 10 af latest update

How can Office Outlook be made default mail program in win 10 af latest update

:)

SorensenFreddy, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Perry Win User

Outlook 2016 - Error message "None Default Email Program" but there is one

In addition to the default Mail app, please also check default apps by portocol:

1. Open control Panel > Default Programs > Set your default programs.
    2. Scroll down to find the option “Choose default apps by file type”
    3. Make sure .msg is set to Outlook.

How can Office Outlook be made default mail program in win 10 af latest update VCC3b.png

1. Go back and select “Choose default apps by protocol”
    2. Make “MailTo” protocol is set to Outlook.

How can Office Outlook be made default mail program in win 10 af latest update R6h9Y.png

If none of this helps, there could be something wrong with the registry settings. Try steps in this similar thread to delete Outlook key and then repair Office.

Perry, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Feb 17, 2021
  4. LemP Win User

Default Programs

A *.MSG file is most likely an Outlook Mail message file. It should be associated with OUTLOOK rather than "Office 2013."

I assume that you've been going to "Default Programs" and then "Associate a file type or protocol with a program." See if doing it the following way fixes things:

1. Go to "Default Programs" and click on "Set your default programs"
    2. Find and select Outlook in the list of Programs
    3. Click either "Set this program as default" and click OK
    4. Alternatively, select "Choose defaults for this program" make sure that the box next to .msg is checked and then click Save

Thema:

1. How can Office Outlook be made default mail program in win 10 af latest update - Similar Threads - Office Outlook made

2. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  3. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Customization
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  4. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. EMAIL TRACKING WIN 10 MAIL - OUTLOOK OFFICE 365

EMAIL TRACKING WIN 10 MAIL - OUTLOOK OFFICE 365: 1 How can i make Windows 10 "MAIL" program to track emails ? Windows version 20H2 OS Build 19042.746 2 and is there email tracking for Outlook on Microsoft 365 ? TY...
  6. can default settings for Office 365 programs be copied?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    can default settings for Office 365 programs be copied?: When my office computer needed to be rebuilt this week, Office 365's programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) were installed from scratch so I don't have ANY of my MANY defaults/personalizations/etc. but I still have access to my previous hard drive. Is there anywhere I can find...
  7. Import win 10 mail to Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import win 10 mail to Outlook: Ok so I have been browsing the community but none of the answers seem to work for me. I have a windows 10 mail client with 800 emails saved to the computer, and now I want to switch to Outlook. I can't access the online account anymore since we migrated the domain as...
  8. Outlook Default Mail Client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Default Mail Client: Following earlier instructions (using windows 10) I set outlook as my default e-mail client for in both Outlook and my registry. When I use my scanner (Brother MFC-J4420DW printer) to scan to E-Mail I get the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current...
  9. Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program

Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program: when I click on an email address link, it takes me to the default mail program. I've tried to change the default mail program, but the only choices are "Mail" and "Chrome" how do we get outlook back??...
  10. latest win 10 updates affected startup programs

in Windows 10 Support
    latest win 10 updates affected startup programs: on 16/17th this month got a few windows updates, since then some of my startup items have become eratic, also i now have 3 startup folders [img] any help sorting this out, cheers 80130