Windows 10: How can one create physical installation media for Windows 10 S?

Discus and support How can one create physical installation media for Windows 10 S? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I know that there's an installer, but it always fails at approximately 75% with a similar 0x[...] error code each time, so I want to create some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Roke Beedell, Aug 10, 2020.

1. How can one create physical installation media for Windows 10 S?

I know that there's an installer, but it always fails at approximately 75% with a similar 0x[...] error code each time, so I want to create some physical installation media in order to pursue an installation that way. In addition, the documentation regarding installation of Windows 10 S suggests that it can be done as Microsoft 'advises against it' because they'd prefer use of their installer than physical installation media but they do not state how it can be done.

How can one create physical installation media for Windows 10 S? d586bbb3-f194-48e8-af3d-9f2a0cab9ede?upload=true.png

:)

Roke Beedell, Aug 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 install "S" WTF

I just created install media like 2-3 weeks ago (still September FCU to my disappointment) and Windows 10 S wasn't even an option in the list. I don't know how you ended up with S in the first place because that's pretty much restricted to OEMs selling bargain-bin tablets.

Use Media Creation Tool and have it write directly to USB itself. Shouldn't have any problems as long as you can get the machine to boot to it.

Windows 10 S is basically Microsoft's answer to ChromeOS.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 10, 2020
  4. How can one create physical installation media for Windows 10 S?

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

How can one create physical installation media for Windows 10 S?

1. How can one create physical installation media for Windows 10 S? - Similar Threads - create physical installation

2. How to create installation media for Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create installation media for Windows 10 pro?: Hello.To keep it short: Currently exactly 99GB space has been used on my C drive. even though all my user data is on other drivesI have explained my situation in another question, when 71GB was utilised, and later it went up to 80GB. That question is still...
  3. How to create installation media for Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create installation media for Windows 10 pro?: Hello.To keep it short: Currently exactly 99GB space has been used on my C drive. even though all my user data is on other drivesI have explained my situation in another question, when 71GB was utilised, and later it went up to 80GB. That question is still...
  4. How to create installation media for Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How To Create a windows 10 s mode image or where to download one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Create a windows 10 s mode image or where to download one?: I have a GeoBook 120 Minecraft Edition with Windows 10 in S mode. I want to switch out of S mode but want to revert back when reformatting. How will i go so to do that? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance....
  6. How To Create a windows 10 s mode image or where to download one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Create a windows 10 s mode image or where to download one?: I have a GeoBook 120 Minecraft Edition with Windows 10 in S mode. I want to switch out of S mode but want to revert back when reformatting. How will i go so to do that? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance....
  7. How To Create a windows 10 s mode image or where to download one?

8. Creating installation media

Creating installation media: Hello, I installed window 10 installation media for my pc in another computerwindow 7.Because i reset my pc without creating a bootable usb.But now i am not able to run the installation media in the the window 7 .it tells me to restart and run it again but no change...
  9. How to create a multilingual Windows 10 USB install media

How to create a multilingual Windows 10 USB install media: Is there a simple way to get multiple languages on an USB Installation media for installation? Or where can you download it? When the new user installs the computer, several languages should appear. For example, 1 English, 2 German, 3 etc. Right now for we install...
  10. Creating installation media

Creating installation media: would creating a installation media of windows 10 and installing windows 10 delete my- 1pre installed apps 2both graphic card-amd,intel 3microsoft office-powerpoint,word etc can it change my digitally activated and licensed windows 10 become unlicensed and unactivate...