Windows 10: How can one extract data from a Video Project Backup file from the Photos app

Discus and support How can one extract data from a Video Project Backup file from the Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When you export a video project, to a .vpb file, the result is quite large. Since one can import it on a different machine, this makes me believe that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cruis3, Jul 11, 2020.

1. cruis3 Win User

How can one extract data from a Video Project Backup file from the Photos app

When you export a video project, to a .vpb file, the result is quite large. Since one can import it on a different machine, this makes me believe that this is just a large compressed folder containing the base videos and photos, as well as a file describing how to put it back together.

Can the file be opened with something like WinZip or 7-Zip? ORCA in case it is a .cab file? or Windows 7-Backup in case it is a backup?

Just wondering, any help would be most appreciated. I will probably make a copy, change the extension, and play around a little bit to see what I can find, but that will be tomorrow.

:)

cruis3, Jul 11, 2020

2. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App

I have been using the photo app to extract stills from video files for some time. It worked fine when I was using a camera that made .mov files.

My new camera makes MP4 files. When I use the 'save a photo' facility it now saves a one second long video clip as a .jpg file which is not what I expect or want. I can then open that clip and try to save a still. Sometimes it works and sometimes it just
    saves the whole clip again!

IanBouglas, Jul 11, 2020
  4. How can one extract data from a Video Project Backup file from the Photos app

My video project in photo app seems corrupt

I have a 50 minute video project containing photos and music. When I open the video project it lists the photos in the project library pane but the storyboard is completely blank.

I regularly use the backup project option thinking that if anything goes wrong, I could revert back to the latest backup but there seems to be no way of opening any of my vpb files. I have not Sync'd to OneDrive preferring to store everything local and using
    my preferred cloud backup solution.

Have I lost nearly a weeks work creating this video?

BarrieLe Maistre, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

How can one extract data from a Video Project Backup file from the Photos app

1. How can one extract data from a Video Project Backup file from the Photos app - Similar Threads - extract data Video

2. How to keep files in a video project separate from other video projects?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep files in a video project separate from other video projects?: I am using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 5. My Video Projects folder contains a copy of every photo I ever added to a video project. Each time I added the same photo to a new video project, another copy of that same photo was added automatically to the Video Projects folder.How...
  3. How to keep files in a video project separate from other video projects?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to keep files in a video project separate from other video projects?: I am using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 5. My Video Projects folder contains a copy of every photo I ever added to a video project. Each time I added the same photo to a new video project, another copy of that same photo was added automatically to the Video Projects folder.How...
  4. How to keep files in a video project separate from other video projects?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is it easy to extract files from a Windows 10 backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is it easy to extract files from a Windows 10 backup?: I'm using a Windows 10 backup onto an exFAT formatted disk. Sometime in the future I may want to transfer my files to a Mac. Is it easy to extract the files out of the backup directories that Windows creates, or would I just have to make a regular copy of my files when the...
  6. Windows Video Projects in the Photos app

Windows Video Projects in the Photos app: How can I export the video, every time i try the 'finish video' it loads for a bit, the percent goes up- but then stops around 70 and I get this: Unsupported video type or invalid file path, so 1- what video type does it need to be, and how can i change or check that? 2-...
  7. Video projects in photo app

Video projects in photo app: how do you finish and finalize the video project in photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-projects-in-photo-app/5095e798-b5b3-41df-9008-64c7144742c0
  8. Export a video project from photos

Export a video project from photos: When trying to export a video from Photos all I get is a pink plaid screen and music. How do I export a video that I can share? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/export-a-video-project-from-photos/a39edfcc-e55c-4f9b-9d75-24af1b0cf4fa
  9. Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App

Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App: I have been using the photo app to extract stills from video files for some time. It worked fine when I was using a camera that made .mov files. My new camera makes MP4 files. When I use the 'save a photo' facility it now saves a one second long video clip as a .jpg file...
  10. How extract files from nested folders - is there an app?

in Windows 10 Support
    How extract files from nested folders - is there an app?: I have one primary folder and, under it, are nested folders - perhaps 3 to 5 deep. Is there an easy way to extract the files so that I end up with the primary folder and no subfolders - just all the files? 104102