Windows 10: How can one find OneDrive "Vault" to sign into it using File Explorer on Windows 11 computer?

Discus and support How can one find OneDrive "Vault" to sign into it using File Explorer on Windows 11 computer? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On my Windows 11 tablet, I cannot ever seem to find the OneDrive "Vault" to sign into Vault using File Explorer.In the past, I seem to recall seeing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mark from Virginia, Mar 27, 2023.

1. How can one find OneDrive "Vault" to sign into it using File Explorer on Windows 11 computer?

On my Windows 11 tablet, I cannot ever seem to find the OneDrive "Vault" to sign into Vault using File Explorer.In the past, I seem to recall seeing a grayed out "folder" for Vault, and if I clicked on the folder, I got to the login credentials. Given the nice File Explorer interface, it does not seem that one would have to use Edge to go to the Vault URL to log on.My Windows 11 is up to date 2023-03 update.

:)

Mark from Virginia, Mar 27, 2023

2. Personal vault is missing from file explorer

Hello,

I recently switched to a new computer. I am using OneDrive on another drive rather than my C: drive. Since the switch I have successfully synced all information between OneDrive online and the drive itself. Everything seems to be working fine.

However, unlike my previous computer, my Personal Vault is not on the list of folders in the OneDrive file tree. As well, "Unlock Personal Vault" is not an option when right clicking the taskbar OneDrive icon.

In the past I could click "Unlock Personal Vault" and easily access my vault in the OneDrive file tree in file explorer. But now, it is simply not there. There is no option.

Thankfully my personal vault is still accessible via the Windows Store OneDrive app and iOS apps. I am using OneDrive premium as part of the Office 365 subscription.

Any ideas? Thank you.

monillusion, Mar 27, 2023
  3. Can't find Personal Vault in File Explorer

Hey guys,

For those of you who have set up your Personal Vault in OneDrive, does the "Personal Vault" folder show up in Windows File Explorer under the OneDrive folder? It doesn't for me, which seems strange. The features of the Personal Vault seems to work fine,
    e.g. by going through the OneDrive icon in the System Tray I can unlock the Vault and access the contents of the Vault, and I can add/remove files from the Vault, etc. But the Personal Vault folder itself just doesn't show up in Window's File Explorer. (NOTE:
    There is a hidden folder shortcut under the OneDrive folder called "Personal Vault" but it's labeled as a system folder and it doesn't have the standard Personal Vault icon but rather the generic folder shortcut icon. (And it doesn't show a target folder when
    I check the shortcut's properties.) Double clicking the shortcut does take me to the Vault but oddly it *still* doesn't show up in the folder list in Windows File Explorer, even after it's unlocked and open.

Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing this or have any idea how to fix it? FYI I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1909 (build 18363.815) with OneDrive Version 2020 (build 10.232.1124.0012). Thanks in advance for the help!

ReadyOrNot, Mar 27, 2023
  4. fjk61011 Win User

How can one find OneDrive "Vault" to sign into it using File Explorer on Windows 11 computer?

Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer

Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer.

Exists in OneDrive Online.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem solved.
    I reset OneDrive.

fjk61011, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

How can one find OneDrive "Vault" to sign into it using File Explorer on Windows 11 computer?

1. How can one find OneDrive "Vault" to sign into it using File Explorer on Windows 11 computer? - Similar Threads - find OneDrive Vault

2. How can one find OneDrive "Vault" to sign into it using File Explorer on Windows 11 computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can one find OneDrive "Vault" to sign into it using File Explorer on Windows 11 computer?: On my Windows 11 tablet, I cannot ever seem to find the OneDrive "Vault" to sign into Vault using File Explorer.In the past, I seem to recall seeing a grayed out "folder" for Vault, and if I clicked on the folder, I got to the login credentials. Given the nice File Explorer...
  3. How can i move files out of the onedrive vault?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i move files out of the onedrive vault?: How can I move files out of the onedrive vault?It doesn't give me the option to move! It is continually saying its processing 872 changes, these changes appear to be in the vault video files. When I go into settings to try and untick the vault folder to show on the pc, it...
  4. How can i move files out of the onedrive vault?

How can i move files out of the onedrive vault?: How can I move files out of the onedrive vault?It doesn't give me the option to move! It is continually saying its processing 872 changes, these changes appear to be in the vault video files. When I go into settings to try and untick the vault folder to show on the pc, it...
  5. OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer: HiAny idea why the Personal Vault icon in File Explorer is not using the correct icon. If the shortcut is deleted then the icon reappears and its correct, but over time it seems to reset and show the incorrect icon again., Windows has all the latest updates installed, and...
  6. OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer

OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer: HiAny idea why the Personal Vault icon in File Explorer is not using the correct icon. If the shortcut is deleted then the icon reappears and its correct, but over time it seems to reset and show the incorrect icon again., Windows has all the latest updates installed, and...
  7. OneDrive in File Explorer doesn't show files in Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive in File Explorer doesn't show files in Personal Vault: Recently, I was trying to open Personal Vault in File Explorer on Windows. However, none of my files show up in the personal vault anymore and it created another folder in OneDrive with my files in it. Now, whenever I lock the Personal Vault, it says "your Personal Vault...
  8. Onedrive Personal vault files open from explorer's recent files

Onedrive Personal vault files open from explorer's recent files: I have recently noticed that recently opend files from the onedrive personal vault can be opened from explorer recent files, despite the vault being locked. I my opinion that does not seem like a secure functionality Any explanation?...
  9. Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer: Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer. Exists in OneDrive Online. - - - Updated - - - Problem solved. I reset OneDrive. 162370
  10. Can't find Personal Vault in File Explorer

Can't find Personal Vault in File Explorer: Hey guys, For those of you who have set up your Personal Vault in OneDrive, does the "Personal Vault" folder show up in Windows File Explorer under the OneDrive folder? It doesn't for me, which seems strange. The features of the Personal Vault seems to work fine, e.g. by...