Windows 10: How can one permanently fix Inaccessible Boot Disk error message?

Discus and support How can one permanently fix Inaccessible Boot Disk error message? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So what is going on right now is I have 3 hard disks having different issues but I would be focusing on one. The first disk has Windows 10 installed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel.A1, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Daniel.A1 Win User

How can one permanently fix Inaccessible Boot Disk error message?

So what is going on right now is I have 3 hard disks having different issues but I would be focusing on one. The first disk has Windows 10 installed on it but sadly it always unexpectedly shows BSOD containing some different error messages FAULTY HARDWARE..., MEMORY MANAGEMENT, and so on when I'm working or just doing simple operations on my PC, watching videos, typing, and so on. The truth is the error still appears when I'm actually not doing anything with my PC and then my PC restarts. The second disk has Windows 7 installed but it boots up and never leaves the Windows logo stuck. And

:)

Daniel.A1, Jun 9, 2023

2. "Inaccessible Boot Device" error

Hi Bill,

The Inaccessible Boot Device error is usually occurring if a device driver that the computer boot controller needs is corrupted. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer?
    • Can you boot the PC to the desktop?
    • What update are you trying to uninstall?
    • What error message are you getting when you are trying to uninstall the update?

Since you already performed the troubleshooting steps that you mentioned in your post, we suggest performing an in-place upgrade. This
    article published by
    PaulSey provides further information on how to perform an in-place upgrade with Windows 10. In-place upgrade can repair Windows system files and can give you an option to keep your program and personal files. Check if the same issue persists
    after performing an in-place upgrade.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 9, 2023
  3. zbook Win User
    Inaccessible boot device

Please run through each step in post #3.

There are many causes of inaccessible boot device.

All troubleshooting steps are trial and error.
    If one fixes it then you are set.
    If one does not work then you move to the next until all steps are performed.

If files are backed up then there is more flexibiility.

Reset save files equivalent using the iso would require reinstalling drivers and applications.

When booting to a windows 10 iso it opens Windows Recovery Environent (RE)
    This does not provide access to windows.

If you want access to Windows you can try booting using Kyhi boot rescue:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

If you cannot create Kyhi boot rescue you can use Ubuntu to backup files to another drive or to the cloud.

zbook, Jun 9, 2023
  4. How can one permanently fix Inaccessible Boot Disk error message?

Inaccessible boot device

All of the steps in step #8 are diagnostic.

They will display the disk drive information.

The goal is to view the disk drives and their architecture, where Windows is booting from, etc.

Once the information is available there may be additional commands to see if the failure to boot can or cannot be fixed.

disk

volume

partition

etc.

det= detail

sel = select

lis = list

vol = volume

par = partition

questions_, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

How can one permanently fix Inaccessible Boot Disk error message?

1. How can one permanently fix Inaccessible Boot Disk error message? - Similar Threads - permanently fix Inaccessible

2. How can one permanently fix Inaccessible Boot Disk error message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can one permanently fix Inaccessible Boot Disk error message?: So what is going on right now is I have 3 hard disks having different issues but I would be focusing on one. The first disk has Windows 10 installed on it but sadly it always unexpectedly shows BSOD containing some different error messages FAULTY HARDWARE..., MEMORY...
  3. How can one permanently fix Inaccessible Boot Disk error message?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can one permanently fix Inaccessible Boot Disk error message?: So what is going on right now is I have 3 hard disks having different issues but I would be focusing on one. The first disk has Windows 10 installed on it but sadly it always unexpectedly shows BSOD containing some different error messages FAULTY HARDWARE..., MEMORY...
  4. Inaccessible boot device - can someone help fixing it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible boot device - can someone help fixing it?: Hi.My PC was working perfectly fine today in until it got switched off. When I tired to turn it back on I started getting this error unaccessible boot device and blue screen. I've tried every single option on the troubleshooting menu and nothing worked. All it does it just...
  5. Inaccessible boot device - can someone help fixing it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible boot device - can someone help fixing it?: Hi.My PC was working perfectly fine today in until it got switched off. When I tired to turn it back on I started getting this error unaccessible boot device and blue screen. I've tried every single option on the troubleshooting menu and nothing worked. All it does it just...
  6. Fix SMART Failure Predicted on Hard Disk error message at boot

in Windows 10 News
    Fix SMART Failure Predicted on Hard Disk error message at boot: [ATTACH]If when you start your Windows 10 PC and it displays the error message SMART Failure Predicted on Hard Disk 0, 2, etc, message and computer won’t boot then this post is intended to help you. When you encounter this issue, you’ll receive the following similar full...
  7. how to fix laptop that is getting an "inaccessible boot device" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to fix laptop that is getting an "inaccessible boot device" error: Okay, so I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop and I've had this laptop for ~4 years. I usually use it for photoshop, video editing; all that jazz. Whilst I was editing on Sony Vegas Pro 17 my computer randomly shut down it didn't just turn off but went through the whole shut...
  8. Inaccessible boot device error after October update, how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible boot device error after October update, how to fix it?: Hi All, Have tried all kinds of solutions recommended on net, although I still get inaccessible boot device blue screen error since Windows update was installed in October. Anyone know how this can be fixed? Thanks!...
  9. How do I fix a "boot drive inaccessible" error message ? I tried using a system USB and a...

How do I fix a "boot drive inaccessible" error message ? I tried using a system USB and a...: I had 2 Microsoft Edge web browser windows and a Google Chrome window open when my computer froze. I tried using CTRL+ALT+DEL with no luck, so I unplugged the power supply (HP Laptop). When the computer went to reboot a Blue screen appeared with a message stating there was...
  10. Startup Error Message : Inaccessible Boot Device

Startup Error Message : Inaccessible Boot Device: Since this yesterday, whenever my PC is turned on , the following error message appears: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. You can restart. If you’d like to know more, you can search online for this error : INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE However, when I...