Windows 10: How can one remove an apparently sticky language pack?

Discus and support How can one remove an apparently sticky language pack? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, On my computer I am mostly working with the languages English and Chinese and depending on the situation often switch between them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BenjaminFlorian, Sep 24, 2022.

1. How can one remove an apparently sticky language pack?

Hello everyone, On my computer I am mostly working with the languages English and Chinese and depending on the situation often switch between them. However, I noticed that I also have the German Keyboard layout as shown in the first image below. However, as can be seen in the second image, I don't have the German language pack installed and also can't seem to find any other related setting that would indicate I use German. If I use "Get-WinUserLanguageList" in the powershell German also doesn't show up.Now the question is: How can I remove this German language pack? I am based in Germany, but

:)

BenjaminFlorian, Sep 24, 2022

2. Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Trying to change display language but "No language pack available"

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download the English language pack.
    I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to download the language pack.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Double click on Language.

• Click on Add language.

• Double Click on English language.

• Click on options on right hand side of the English language pack.

• Click on Download and install language pack.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 24, 2022
  4. How can one remove an apparently sticky language pack?

Speech language pack is not download!!

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share the below information to help you better.

• When you say Language pack it not downloading, do you receive any error message?
    • If yes, what is the error message?

There are few languages that windows 10 has pre installed in the system itself, I suggest that you check these languages and locate the language that you want to install. Follow the steps below to locate the language.

• Click on the Start Menu, locate and select Settings.
    • Click on Time and Language.
    • Locate and select Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.

If you cannot find the language there you can download a language pack for Windows 10 from the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

How can one remove an apparently sticky language pack?

1. How can one remove an apparently sticky language pack? - Similar Threads - remove apparently sticky

2. How can I remove the Bulgarian phonetic keyboard after uninstalling the language pack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the Bulgarian phonetic keyboard after uninstalling the language pack?: After adding and removing the Bulgarian language pack there is always left over phonetic keyboard layout. Basically, there are two layouts: the regular Cyrillic keyboard and the phonetic one, which allows you to type in Cyrillic using the corresponding Latin letters.Does...
  3. How can I remove the Bulgarian phonetic keyboard after uninstalling the language pack?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the Bulgarian phonetic keyboard after uninstalling the language pack?: After adding and removing the Bulgarian language pack there is always left over phonetic keyboard layout. Basically, there are two layouts: the regular Cyrillic keyboard and the phonetic one, which allows you to type in Cyrillic using the corresponding Latin letters.Does...
  4. Two language pack in one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two language pack in one: I have a laptop with arabic and english keyboard, I install the Egyptian keyboard software pack but it always install two packs one that does not go with laptop's physical keyboard layout and the one I don't use instal automatic after a period of time, similar if you switch...
  5. Two language pack in one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two language pack in one: I have a laptop with arabic and english keyboard, I install the Egyptian keyboard software pack but it always install two packs one that does not go with laptop's physical keyboard layout and the one I don't use instal automatic after a period of time, similar if you switch...
  6. How can one remove an apparently sticky language pack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can one remove an apparently sticky language pack?: Hello everyone, On my computer I am mostly working with the languages English and Chinese and depending on the situation often switch between them. However, I noticed that I also have the German Keyboard layout as shown in the first image below. However, as can be seen in the...
  7. One language pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    One language pack: My Windows Licence only supports one language pack, how can I change this so that I can, write and edit in an additional language? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-language-pack/f1a05e6a-7d4a-4996-8bf8-9f644e5bea26
  8. Cannot fully remove language packs

Cannot fully remove language packs: Hello! I've had three versions of English installed on my computer at various points en-US, en-GB and en-AU, but the issue is that now I only want en-AU, but I can't get rid of the other ones. I can press 'remove' in the language settings, but I can still see their packs...
  9. language pack removal

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    language pack removal: At present some cumulative updates fail to install (I will go back to an earlier Macrium image), What wonders me is that repeatedly system restore points were created with the text: Language Pack Removal. Any clue? 132475
  10. Only one language pack (english) installed, but 4 keyboards for this one language.

Only one language pack (english) installed, but 4 keyboards for this one language.: I only have English installed as a language pack; English-NZ. But I have 4 keyboards, one says English(New Zealand) US keyboard which in itself is wrong because I want a NZ keyboard not a US keyboard but whatever. In addition to that there's also English(Australia), UK and...