Windows 10: How can one tell which Web rendering Engine is used by IE 11 and Edge

Discus and support How can one tell which Web rendering Engine is used by IE 11 and Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a very strange bug that only shows itself with one website. The bug always shows up after a PC reset or a clean install of Win 10 Pro. After a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Geoff Daniell, Feb 1, 2016.

1. How can one tell which Web rendering Engine is used by IE 11 and Edge

I have a very strange bug that only shows itself with one website. The bug always shows up after a PC reset or a clean install of Win 10 Pro. After a few weeks, the bugs will mysteriously disappear of its own accord.

It has been suggested that possibly, the bug is caused by a conflict between the web rendering engines used by Edge and IE 11, when both packages are running on a PC at the same time.

I am again faced with the bug after the latest clean install I did late last week. Today, I had cause to run IE 11 as an administrator and the bug vanished! I immediately put the theory to the test by restarting the PC and then trying to access the webpage with IE 11 ( no Edge running) and then again with IE 11 running as an administrator. But nothing ... I am at a loss to try and work out what triggered the correct response until I rebooted the machine.

Hence my question. If the issue is related to a conflict between the two web rendering engines then knowing which one is being used will help in being able to document the bug which causes web pages on only the ones site I access regularly to fail because the pages do not display properly, and response buttons on those pages do not work as they should.

:)

Geoff Daniell, Feb 1, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

how can I access non-IE compatible websites

I'm not sure how you can blame IE here... The success of the iPhone and the hatred towards past versions of IE is causing another IE6 situation where web developers are only coding for one type of rendering engine. Contact their devs and tell them that
    it's unacceptable that their site doesn't work in one of the big four (IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox)

Entegy, Feb 1, 2016
  3. IE 11 Sluggish

I'm using Windows 10 on my desktop and I have noticed that IE 11 slower than both edge and chrome but not uncomfortably so. I know that edge is using a new web engine which is basically WebKit rather than the old Trident web engine still used in IE 11.
    So naturally, it will be quite a bit faster. Another difference is, as Chase noted, many features are shaved off in a edge with the result that edge is running a lot less extraneous code (for example extensions and Java.) If you haven't already, I would go
    into the settings on Internet Explorer and check how many extensions you are running. Additionally, you could do a web search and see if anyone has found some ways to optimize the user agent string in IE 11 for speed. Unfortunately, both of these options probably
    will not do much unless you are running an unusually large number of extensions in IE 11 that you don't need.

anthonysmithson, Feb 1, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

How can one tell which Web rendering Engine is used by IE 11 and Edge

Kari, Feb 1, 2016
  5. Thanks for the info. Is there any way that one can verify the above within the specific browser?

Geoff Daniell, Feb 1, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Feb 1, 2016
  7. Geoff Daniell, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How can one tell which Web rendering Engine is used by IE 11 and Edge

1. How can one tell which Web rendering Engine is used by IE 11 and Edge - Similar Threads - tell Web rendering

2. Microsoft Chromium Edge might come with dual rendering engine support

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Chromium Edge might come with dual rendering engine support: Microsoft Chromium Edge official preview version is believed to be just around the corner and recently an early build of the browser leaked online revealing some of the features. Microsoft Chromium Edge will retain the features from the current browser and as well as Chrome....
  3. Edge: Facebook web site not rendered properly.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Facebook web site not rendered properly.: I'm at a loss on this one. A friend asked me for help. He uses Edge. He claims he cleared his Edge browser cache and cookies and now when he goes on Facebook pictures people post can no longer be seen. Only a placeholder describing the photo in text. If you go to the...
  4. Edge and IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE 11: When I open Edge, it always goes to the last page I was on. I want to set a Home Page and have it open on the Home Page every time. How do I do that? How do I get the IE icon on the Taskbar? 120659
  5. IE not edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  6. IE not edge

in Windows 10 Support
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  7. Cortana using IE not Edge for web search results

in Browsers and Email
    Cortana using IE not Edge for web search results: Ever since Build 14385 and now in 14388, Cortana has been using and opening IE as the browser for showing search web results instead of Edge. Edge is set as the default browser and has been for a long time. Have checked all the settings in both Edge and IE, as well as in...
  8. IE or Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE or Edge: which is better to use Edge or IE sorry i'm a bit confused are they the same but different or are they just different why did MS keep both 20303
  9. Making web smoother with independent rendering in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Making web smoother with independent rendering in Microsoft Edge: Independent rendering allows the browser to selectively offload graphics processing to an additional CPU thread, so they can be rendered with minimal impact to the user interface thread and the overall visible performance characteristics page, such as silk-smooth scrolling,...
  10. The birth of Microsoft's new web rendering engine Project Spartan

in Windows 10 News
    The birth of Microsoft's new web rendering engine Project Spartan: As we announced last month, Project Spartan will be the new browser across all Windows 10 devices, from phones to tablets, PCs and beyond. You’ll hear about the new browser’s features in the coming months but in this post, we want to tell you more about what motivated us to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. IE11 rendering engine

2. what rendering engine am i using ie11

3. tell which engine edge is using

4. corporation pc has no Edge IE not work for many web sites,
  5. how to tell which engine edge is using,
  6. ie11 edge rendering engine