Windows 10: how can reduce unnecessary background process and other window process in background

Discus and support how can reduce unnecessary background process and other window process in background in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH]i have more than 100 processes pls help [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tusharrohilla24, Oct 11, 2020.

1. how can reduce unnecessary background process and other window process in background

how can reduce unnecessary  background process and other window process in background d4f801e2-627e-4975-9595-34b0ef20609b?upload=true.png i have more than 100 processes pls help how can reduce unnecessary  background process and other window process in background 18c59536-fb6d-4908-8024-f393a8674275?upload=true.png

:)

tusharrohilla24, Oct 11, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Background Processes

Hi Bijayan

Windows 10 does have a lot of background process thta need to run, sometimes 70+ versions of svchost wil be running. This does not normally affect the responsiveness of your PC

To stop anything that is safe too stop on your Startup:

Turn off all unnecessary startup applications and processes:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See any non-essential items are listed there

If so, select and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list, see any non-essential items are listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Turn off all unnecessary Background Apps

Open the Settings App

Go to Privacy - Background Apps

Turn off any App you do not need running in the background

Restart your PC

DaveM121, Oct 11, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Background Processes

Hello Andrew,

Task Manager shows you the running processes or programs depending on what kind of services they are.
    Background processes run in the background without user intervention. The processes you see under this category include processes that involve logging, system monitoring, scheduling, and notifications. These are the processes that programs
    usually use in the background. Windows services on the other hand, shows you the list of processes that make up your computer's interface or behavior. This explains why what you normally see under this category are the Windows services that
    tell your computer how to operate.

Regards.

John Vil, Oct 11, 2020
  4. how can reduce unnecessary background process and other window process in background

Me Windows background processes.

Windows background processes. My ram is of 8gb.From 8gb only 2.9 gb available .The ram is filled up with windows background processes. I have done format now. Still the ram percentage is same .It is because of your faulty windows os and its background
    processes. Is there anyway to reduce the usage of ram?

AkhilAnandKundurthi, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

how can reduce unnecessary background process and other window process in background

1. how can reduce unnecessary background process and other window process in background - Similar Threads - reduce unnecessary background

2. background processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    background processes: what does that mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-processes/4f607cd7-afbd-4fe9-bccf-b58e7979732d
  3. background processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background processes: what does that mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-processes/4f607cd7-afbd-4fe9-bccf-b58e7979732d
  4. Background Process

Background Process: With all the programs closed in my windows 11 I get 110 processes running. However I've seen some people with only 25 or lower, I've tried everything to get that low amount of processes running but can't find out how....
  5. Background Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Processes: My download speeds are slow. I read some stuff and it says that it could be because of background processes. I currently have 115 background processes and it seems like a bit much from what I see others have. I dont know what to end or how to lower the number. Any answers...
  6. Background Processes

Background Processes: My download speeds are slow. I read some stuff and it says that it could be because of background processes. I currently have 115 background processes and it seems like a bit much from what I see others have. I dont know what to end or how to lower the number. Any answers...
  7. How to end all unnecessary background processes at once?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to end all unnecessary background processes at once?: I work with a crappy laptop for gaming and ive been able optimize to make games run well on it on it with low settings, but it is really easy to slow down if a process starts eating up a bit too much memory. I then realized that about half of the memory being eaten up is...
  8. background processes

in Windows 10 Customization
    background processes: Hello, I have two questions about my startup processes, first, I wanted to know if its recommended to disable Windows security notification cause I'm using AVG anti-virus and I'm not sure if it's required to be enabled at my windows startup. Screenshot:...
  9. Background Processes

Background Processes: I just opened my pc and opened taskmanager without opening other apps to see how many programs are running in background. There were more than 50. i removed some apps which i knew i installed and reduced it. Next time again just after booting pc problem remained same. My pc...
  10. Background Processes

Background Processes: Below is a list of programs I found, that were responsible for a severe lag in my laptop, 1) Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 - en-us 2) HP Support Assistant 3) Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 4) Realtek Bluetooth Driver 5) HP System Event Utility 6) HP...