Windows 10: How can regain my admin access

Discus and support How can regain my admin access in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was using a windows 10 pc and after my upgrade to windows 11 I decided to reset my pc to keep thing cleanthen I started making some new settings but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AderinsolaJoshua, Nov 27, 2022.

1. How can regain my admin access

I was using a windows 10 pc and after my upgrade to windows 11 I decided to reset my pc to keep thing cleanthen I started making some new settings but in that process, I have somehow logged out myself from Admin, now I don't access to run a program as admin or do anything regarding admin rights " How can regain my admin access "Thanks

:)

AderinsolaJoshua, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 27, 2022
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. How can regain my admin access

Windows 10 no admin access

Hi,

We'd like to learn more about the issue that you recently encountered. For us to provide the troubleshooting steps, please clarify the following:

• When you mentioned that you have no admin access, does it mean that you can sign in to your own user profile but the privilege is limited?
    • Have you made any changes or installed updates before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter an error message/code when you tried to restore your PC?
    To also answer your inquiry about the Admin account, there is a hidden built-in Admin account that you use in case of emergency. We will provide the instructions on how to access the hidden Admin account once we determine the root cause of your concern.

We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

How can regain my admin access

1. How can regain my admin access - Similar Threads - regain admin access

2. How to regain access to pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to regain access to pc?: I was unable to connect to wifiongoing issue so in efforts to troubleshoot i disabled all startup programs. Now I'm unable to login as my finger print reader doesn't work and the pin doesn't work. I'm in panic mode at this point because of all my files on this laptop. I'm...
  3. How to regain access to my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to regain access to my files?: HP Sure Sense is tagging my files as malware and preventing me access from them, I can in no way find a way to re-access them. When I try to uninstall HP Sure Sense by removing 'HP Sure Sense Installer' as HP suggests doing on their support page, it displays the following...
  4. How to regain access to my files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to regain access to my files?: HP Sure Sense is tagging my files as malware and preventing me access from them, I can in no way find a way to re-access them. When I try to uninstall HP Sure Sense by removing 'HP Sure Sense Installer' as HP suggests doing on their support page, it displays the following...
  5. How to regain access to my files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. How can regain my admin access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can regain my admin access: I was using a windows 10 pc and after my upgrade to windows 11 I decided to reset my pc to keep thing cleanthen I started making some new settings but in that process, I have somehow logged out myself from Admin, now I don't access to run a program as admin or do anything...
  7. How to regain control of my admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to regain control of my admin account: I am the sole owner of my laptop running Windows 10 Pro (Version 2004, OS Build 19041.388). Yesterday I changed my account from an admin account to a standard user account and now I cannot access the admin account. Whenever I try to access the admin account it asks for a...
  8. How to regain control of my admin account

in Windows 10 Support
    How to regain control of my admin account: I am the sole owner of my laptop running Windows 10 Pro (Version 2004, OS Build 19041.388). Yesterday I changed my account from an admin account to a standard user account and now I cannot access the admin account. Whenever I try to access the admin account it asks for a...
  9. How to regain admin rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to regain admin rights: Hi i recently bought a pc. In two days of kids doing homework its gone wrong. It wont let me delete or install anything even updates. I cant even login properly it just puts on a temp cant do anything account. How do i fix this ?...
  10. regain admin rights

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    regain admin rights: this is for my brother he has lost all admin privileges and would like to get them back, how this happened he was doing a virus scan and it was taking an excessive amount of time and he wanted to stop it but it would not stop so he just turned off his computer when he...