Windows 10: How can the Microsoft Store be disabled on Windows 10 Home 1903

Discus and support How can the Microsoft Store be disabled on Windows 10 Home 1903 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I need to disable Microsoft Windows Store for a vulnerable user. I've read several articles on how to achieve the above. e.g. I tried the powershell... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PhilMarsden2, Nov 11, 2020.

1. How can the Microsoft Store be disabled on Windows 10 Home 1903

I need to disable Microsoft Windows Store for a vulnerable user.

I've read several articles on how to achieve the above. e.g. I tried the powershell approach from here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-10-home/95c66008-e6a7-4d10-8fc9-06869c5966fd and it had no effect.

I also created DisableStoreApps under policies/Microsoft/WindowsStore and set it to 1 using regedit which didnt work.

I see other articles saying different registry entries are required to disable Windows Store.

Could someone tell me definitively please for this version of Windows whether the Store is best disabled via Powershell or regedit. If the former which script if the latter which entries are required please.

Thanks in anticipation.

:)

PhilMarsden2, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 11, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Nov 11, 2020
  4. How can the Microsoft Store be disabled on Windows 10 Home 1903

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

How can the Microsoft Store be disabled on Windows 10 Home 1903

1. How can the Microsoft Store be disabled on Windows 10 Home 1903 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store disabled

2. How to disable FIPS on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable FIPS on Windows 10 Home: I accidentally activated FIPS on one of my home networks, part of a linksys router and I need help disabling it. The registry says FIPS isn't enabled....
  3. How to disable FIPS on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable FIPS on Windows 10 Home: I accidentally activated FIPS on one of my home networks, part of a linksys router and I need help disabling it. The registry says FIPS isn't enabled....
  4. Disable Microsoft Store in Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Microsoft Store in Windows 11 Home: Is there a way to disable Microsoft Store in Windows 11 HOME? I know you can use a directive in PRO, Enterprise... etc., but I'm using a HOME version. I have tried change manually the registry: Added the...
  5. Disable Microsoft Store in Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Microsoft Store in Windows 11 Home: Is there a way to disable Microsoft Store in Windows 11 HOME? I know you can use a directive in PRO, Enterprise... etc., but I'm using a HOME version. I have tried change manually the registry: Added the...
  6. How to disable Lock screen? - Microsoft Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable Lock screen? - Microsoft Windows 10 Home: Hello all,I decided to follow this video on how to disable lock screen as I only use my laptop at home and find it unnecessary to login.https://youtu.be/XNiMPJbaags?t=127 Explained around 2:07My version of windows does not have the personalization folder, so I followed what...
  7. How can I completely disable microsoft sign-in in Windows 10 home?

How can I completely disable microsoft sign-in in Windows 10 home?: Hi! I have a computer with windows 10 home. In that computer I have a user I use as guest. But, instead of making a "guest" user without password, that user is called "A" and has a simple password. When any user logins as "A" after some random windows update, he/she is...
  8. How to disable Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Home?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to disable Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Home?: How to disable Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Home? I want to uninstall a few games and to prevent the games being installed by Microsoft Store. Searching for a solution, I find that people recommend using gpedit.msc to do this. But it is not in Win 10 Home. Group Edit...
  9. how to disable windows 10 home (1903) hello-pin create prompt

how to disable windows 10 home (1903) hello-pin create prompt: Hello! how to disable windows 10 home' (1903) hello-pin create prompt it actually starts to annoy I don't need f... pin I have a password. Maybe somebody have ideas how to disable this prompt. P.S. for windows programmers, please don't think like APPLE - "we know...
  10. Windows 10 Home - How to Disable Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home - How to Disable Updates?: Hi, I'm in the middle of investigation this problem (link below) and I need disable Windows Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/video-dxgkrnl-fatal-error/49b31254-6a5d-4e97-aec4-136edf46cfcc?tm=1562226760320 Currently the...