Windows 10: How can the owner of a family group be changed when the owner has passed away?

Discus and support How can the owner of a family group be changed when the owner has passed away? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My husband passed away. He was the only owner of our family group. We don't have access to his account, so now approvals can't be granted for my kids... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kathleen Sierens, Mar 5, 2023.

1. How can the owner of a family group be changed when the owner has passed away?

My husband passed away. He was the only owner of our family group. We don't have access to his account, so now approvals can't be granted for my kids when requests are sent to his account.

:)

Kathleen Sierens, Mar 5, 2023
  2. JanKara_P Win User

Designatge a Family Room co-owner

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. Let me assist you with your concern about making your wife a co-owner.

Please verify what do you mean by "Family Room"? Is this a Group you created in SkyDrive.com? Or a document? Kindly provide us the steps you took so we can understand the issue more clearly.

In the meantime, if this is a Group you created, you can follow these steps on how to make your wife a co-owner of the group:

1. Log-in to SkyDrive.

2. Under Groups, click on the group you created.

3. At the upper part of the page, click
    Group actions then select View membership.

4. Select the contact you wish to make a co-owner by ticking on markbox.

5. At the upper part of page again, click on
    Change role.

6. Select Co-Owner.

If you have questions and clarifications, let us know.

Thanks.

JanKara_P, Mar 5, 2023
  3. Skiff640 Win User
    Excel changes the owner of file during save

I just duplicated the problem with a brand new Excel file that had nothing to do with the old XP machine ...
    • Signed in as the original owner who is in the administrator group
    • Created a new Excel file in the same folder as above
    • Edited the file with Excel as the original owner ... saved
    • Checked ownership and permissions. Everything looks OK, including the inherited permissions from the folder
    • Signed off
    • Signed on as a second user who is not in the Administrator group
    • Edited the the file with Excel as the second user ... saved the file with changes
    • Signed off
    • Signed on as the original owner
    • Checked ownership and permissions. The ownership of the file has changed to the second user.

The original and second users are the exact same users described in the post above. Uggghhh ...

Clueless in Houston ...

Skiff640, Mar 5, 2023
  4. BobZ2 Win User

How can the owner of a family group be changed when the owner has passed away?

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Mar 5, 2023
Thema:

How can the owner of a family group be changed when the owner has passed away?

1. How can the owner of a family group be changed when the owner has passed away? - Similar Threads - owner family group

2. How can the owner of a family group be changed when the owner has passed away?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can the owner of a family group be changed when the owner has passed away?: My husband passed away. He was the only owner of our family group. We don't have access to his account, so now approvals can't be granted for my kids when requests are sent to his account....
  3. How can the owner of a family group be changed when the owner has passed away?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can the owner of a family group be changed when the owner has passed away?: My husband passed away. He was the only owner of our family group. We don't have access to his account, so now approvals can't be granted for my kids when requests are sent to his account....
  4. [URGENT] Drive has no Owners. Can not grant owner or permission or anything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [URGENT] Drive has no Owners. Can not grant owner or permission or anything: One of my drives has suddenly lost ownership. I can not access the drive.G: Drive is Inaccessible.General Property view of the drive shows nothing.Properties > Security > Advanced shows this.On Either clicking continue or change it shows this.It seems that the Drive has for...
  5. [URGENT] Drive has no Owners. Can not grant owner or permission or anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [URGENT] Drive has no Owners. Can not grant owner or permission or anything: One of my drives has suddenly lost ownership. I can not access the drive.G: Drive is Inaccessible.General Property view of the drive shows nothing.Properties > Security > Advanced shows this.On Either clicking continue or change it shows this.It seems that the Drive has for...
  6. [URGENT] Drive has no Owners. Can not grant owner or permission or anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Managing owner, user, groups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Managing owner, user, groups: Hi, I find hard to understand my “default” settings on the control privacy of users and groups set in my machine, there’s like 10 users, some with more privileges than me(an S-bunch or numbers with lots of permission intrigued me) and also lots of groups that I didn’t set, is...
  8. Change of owner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change of owner: I have obtained a second-hand PC that runs windows 10. This has the original owner set-up as admin and a second person as 'user account' how do I delete these two accounts and install myself as 'admin' ( I will be the sole user) without altering other programs and settings?...
  9. how to change owner of a directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change owner of a directory: How to change owner of a directory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-owner-of-a-directory/172f779f-e7ea-4960-8523-3f94258b6cce"
  10. change owners

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change owners: how do i change administrators and make this HP laptop running windows 10 that was givin to me mine ? my account etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-owners/21f8316d-80f4-482d-a744-709c18837e35"